UCLA Guest House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Los Angeles
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Hotel Bel-Air(Los Angeles)
Century Wilshire(Los Angeles)
  • Breakfast included
Plaza La Reina(Los Angeles)
Stars Inn(Los Angeles)
View Hotel
All reviewsbeautiful campusroyce hallprospective studentcampus visitoutdoor lotgreat place to stay when visitingthe manager's receptionwestwood areabreakfast buffet ishighly recommend staying herethe location is perfectstaff went out of their waythe breakfast areaworked greatnice breakfastcommon areasuber ride
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed at the Guest House this past June for a conference going on at UCLA. I was immediately impressed by the great decor in the Guest House, it's layout, and location on campus. My room was very comfortable, included all useful amenities, and had a cozy bed. It was also quiet for great sleeping! The breakfast in the morning was hands down awesome! Each day there were great cheeses, meats, salmon, pastries, and a espresso machine where one could make their own coffee drink. The staff were great and very helpful. Finally, it's location on campus allowed for easy access to anyplace on campus, and was the starting point for scenic runs in the morning. Even if I wasn't at UCLA for any reason, I would still love staying at the Guest House again for a trip to the LA area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank epi007
Joseph R, General Manager at UCLA Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay here at the UCLA Guest House. I truly appreciate your positive feedback about the hotel decor, the overall comfort of your guest room, our friendly, seasoned staff, the fantastic location on the UCLA campus as well as the complimentary continental breakfast that is served each morning in the hotel lobby. We hope to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Beautiful updated rooms right on the edge of campus on Hilgard. Comfy bed, a fabulous hairdryer, great shampoo/conditioner too. I will not bother packing those items on future trips. Granite countertops and new furnishings. Some rooms have microwaves and refrigerators. This trip I saw that there is actually a pay washer and dryer available for use too with vending size detergent etc. Continental breakfast served from 6:30 am to 9:30 am daily. Coffee, teas, and hot cocoa available 24 hours a day. Close to the sorority houses and to Sunset Blvd. and easy parking. Easy access to Beverly Hills, Westwood, Bel Air and Hollywood.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank kimporterfield

I am very pleased to learn that you had another enjoyable stay with us here at the UCLA Guest House! Thank you for sharing such a glowing review of our hotel. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not-too-distant future.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

UCLA runs this guest house, so I never expected something so quaint and serene. The staff was amazingly nice, and the rooms were comfortable. Well, except for the beds which were rock hard and not very relaxing. The free breakfast was one of the best I have seen outside of Europe, so good job! The breakfast room needs more seating to accommodate all the people who are eating there. Also, there isn't enough parking for all the guests, and there is a bit of complicated business to get a parking permit for another campus lot… very confusing. Overall, I was very pleased for the price paid.

Room Tip: Ground floor units generally come with a nice little patio, but it may be shared with your neighbors in the next room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank toddinparis
Joseph R, General Manager at UCLA Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent visit to the Guest House. I am happy to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us. I appreciate your comments regarding our wonderful staff, as well as the daily complimentary continental breakfast that we offer. Your comments regarding the seating arrangements in the breakfast lounge, as well as the securing a parking permit will be reviewed. Although we do have a limited number of complementary first come first serve parking spots, it should not be a difficult process if/when a pass is needed for the nearby pay parking lot. I do hope you have the opportunity to visit us again the next time your travels bring you back to UCLA.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We enjoyed staying on campus at this Guesthouse. Reception was friendly and the hotel itself was spotlessly clean. Hats off to housekeeping and maintenance staff. The only room available was a Deluxe Queen Room, which we somehow managed to squeeze a roll-away bed into for one night's accommodation for our family of three. We were able to park the car and walk everywhere we needed to go on campus. We weren't keen on campus food and eventually found our way to Ralph's on Le Conte Ave (a walk of 11 minutes). What a nice supermarket! Breakfast the morning of our departure was nice, but more tables are definitely needed. We missed having a cup of tea in the evening.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank to_wherenext

I am so pleased to learn of your satisfaction with your recent stay at the Guest House. Thank you for taking the time to complement our Housekeeping and Maintenance teams; they do a wonderful job of keeping the property clean and functional. As you mentioned in your review, we are conveniently located in the northeast corner of the UCLA campus, and are within walking distance to many of the university’s academic and business offices, as well as restaurants, shops and movie theaters in the nearby Westwood area. Lastly, I appreciate your feedback concerning additional tables in the breakfast area, and I will look into a solution. I hope to welcome you back in the not-too-distant future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have stayed at the guest house twice - once when touring UCLA and once when visiting my daughter as she now attends there. It is by far the closest location to the campus (actually on campus) and a good value considering other prices in the area. Breakfast is good - not just breads. There were meat cuts and hardboiled eggs, yogurt, fruit, and granola as well as pastries. Rooms are small and there are no coffee makers in the rooms. Service was great. There were no parking spots when we arrived and the desk clerk moved her car so we could park. We requested an extra blanket and she promptly brought 2. The fan was waking me up at night so I called the desk to figure out how to turn it off, and even though it was after midnight someone answered right away and was able to assist. It was clean and quiet.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Janice S

Thank you for your comments from your recent stay with us at the Guest House. I appreciate your kind comments regarding our daily complimentary buffet breakfast as well as the great service that you received from our associates. Although the staff was able to assist you, I am sorry to learn that the fan from the air conditioning unit in your room woke you up. I rely heavily on our guest comments – positive or negative – so that we may provide the exceptional services and facilities our guests have come to expect. I can assure you, I have followed up with our maintenance department and the noisy fan issue has been addressed. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you come to visit your daughter here at UCLA!