“Best pasta EVER!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
House Cafe
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N. Crescent Heights Blvd.
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Best pasta EVER!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stumbled upon this wonderful place while driving thru Beverly Hills. Our appetizer choices were perfect---fresh, homemade guacamole with homemade tortilla chips. the calamari was super tender and lightly breaded. The turkey chili was excellent as was the presentation (served in a small cast iron skillet) with toppings of cilantro, crème fraiche, and cheese on the side plus 2 slices of nicely seasoned bread. The winner was the
Rigatoni pasta with white truffle oil meat sauce!!! Truly amazing--makes my mouth water just thinking about it. We also had the fried chicken. Very good!!! It came with mashed potatoes and homemade mushroom gravy; however, my daughter had them substitute fries (awesome by the way)!!!

Visited July 2013

Los Angeles
“Great L.A. Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

I've lived in L.A. for almost thirty years, and House is one of my favorite restaurants. It's an intimate, elegant, neighborhood restaurant with excellent food, friendly wait staff and a truly comfortable ambiance. My personal favorite is the grilled wild salmon, and would also recommend the chicken pot pie and the tostada. Dishes are not saucy and overdone -- simple, clean and tasty. In addition to great food and wine, it is actually quiet enough to have a decent conversation with your dinner companions, something that is getting increasingly hard to do in L.A.

• Visited February 2013
West Hollywood, California
“Even Better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013

This is my second review because I wanted to report how pleased I was, with my experience at House Cafe, last evening. Per usual, the food was out of this world and my dinner companion commented how warm and relaxing the place is. Our server, J.R., brought the experience 'over the top' with his attentiveness that never stifled the mood. Thanks for the rec on the wine, J.R. This restaurant is truly a hidden gem in L.A. It's known to locals but the outer world and the visiting international community hasn't discovered it yet. I hope to change that.

• Visited January 2013
West Hollywood, California
“Really excellent food but...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

I'm gonna give this restaurant a 5-circle review because the food is like nothing I've tasted anywhere and it's prepared in a way that shows that the kitchen is paying attention. For example, most restaurants serve entrees with the meat/fish piping hot and the vegetables at room temperature. This is probably because the veggies are put onto the plate first and they lose their warm while they wait for the meat. Once it arrives, the plates is whisked to your table. But at House, the food on your plate is all the same temperature (what a concept) and it's unique and downright delicious.

I hesitated to give the place a 5-circle rating because I believe the wait staff could use some improvement. The place is really attractive (a little bit fancy, I guess you'd say) but the wait staff behaves like it's a neighborhood bar that happens to serve food. Compared to the food, the wait staff pales. I hope the owner sees this review and does something about this; I'd visit more frequently if the staff improved. Don't get me wrong -- they're not horrible. They're just not as good as the food.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Canada
“Great local place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

Was visiting friends and one suggested dinner at House. It was great. Had the special pasta, it was amazing. Tried to go back for a mid-week brunch because we heard it was great but they weren't open yet. Apparently brunch only on weekends. Overall good atmosphere, cool decor and nice staff. Prices were pretty reasonable.
Would go back again.