“This is as close as you'll get to Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Nonna of Italy - CLOSED

Nonna of Italy
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Doheny Rd.
chatsworth,CA
“This is as close as you'll get to Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

My wife and I had dinner here for the 1st time. The appetizers were beautiful and the prosciutto di Parma was delicious. My wife had the filet mignon and I had the veal chop...OMG!!! The dinner was delicious. Oscar opened our bottle of wine and my wife, who is not a red wine drinker, loved it...and no, I am not going to tell you which one it was...because you will order it! Kara was our server and she was very efficient. It was a very nice meal and we enjoyed the entire experience. We are returning with our son and his wife this weekend.

Los Angeles, California
“good food and vibes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

4 stars because no one is perfect. Had a great seafood soup sort of a mini Cioppini. That was followed by a perfect and great filet mignonin a mushroom sauce. I rarely get steak in an Italian restaurant but this steak was as good as any I’ve had in the best steak joints. We also had a terrific veal chop Quality of food and preparation is good as it gets. Service was exemplary and Oscar the manager, is a very pleasant fellow. Nicely decorated restaurant on Sunset near Doheny Drive. Try it you’ll like it. Had a Travel Zoo coupon so cost for all was about $110 inclusive. Would have been over $200. In this town a really good meal like this is very hard to find at any price.

Palm Springs, California
“NOT RECOMMENDED!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We had great expectations of this restaurant based on the excellent online reviews and were anticipating delicious Italian food. Instead we were served tired dry salad and tasteless watery pasta. I'm sorry we didn't eat across the street at BOA!

ct
“Atmosphere galore in affordable Italian Bistro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

The atmosphere is pure Italy, red leather sofas and soft lighting. The food is fantastic and the prices are lower than what you would expect of this caliber of establishment. Very romantic, and family oriented at the same time. The restaurant is large enough to have a quiet corner if you want one. Also has outdoor seating and in a quiet part of West Hollywood so street parking is not an issue. Nice wines by the glass as well.

• Visited April 2014
“Nonna of Italy is a GEM!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

We celebrated our son's 18th birthday at Nonna's last night. Needless to say it was an important dinner celebration for us! And we COULD NOT have picked a better place! Service was great (they even handled arranging valet parking for us after we accidently parked in the over-priced parking structure next door).....USE THE VALET.

The calamari appetizer was crunchy and light, my goat cheese and grapefrut salad was amazing and theier homemade garlic knott rolls and warm garlic olive oil kept coming...hot from the pizza oven.

We all had a different entree: Sirloin steak (my son said it was the best he ever had...and that kid easts STEAK!). I had a sea bass, boned at the table, and added their lime sauce....I could eat that every day...light and perfectly seasoned. Chicken parma. was like a schnitzel (light and crunchy) wit the best sause and cheese...bubbly and great. My husband had the beef medallions - super tender.

OK - GO to this super restaurant! The ambience was nice (you could actually talk AND enjoy the music!), the wines were great, desserts were awesome - the sour cherry sorbet rocked and so did the cheeses tart.

A wonderful celebration - thank you Nonna's....we'll be going back again soon!

• Visited February 2014