“Casual Bar and Bistro feel”

The Glendon Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #2,140 of 9,980 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Kinross and Glendon
West Sussex
“Casual Bar and Bistro feel”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I went into the restaurant wondering if it was actually open. It's so dark inside and hard to see into from the pavement, they really should maybe do a 'open' neon or something.
I had a pizza and a beer and my friend had calamari and a few scotches. Our meal was good, and arrived swiftly, I got the dreaded avocado on my pizza which I'd swear wasnt in the description, but no mind, I eat it, I just don't get the point of it.
I'd go there again, the waitresses were friendly and prompt. I'm not sure what they could do to step it up a little, but I think with more people, the atmosphere would buzz a little better.

• Visited August 2014

Bermuda
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“European Style Casual Bistro”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I am a restauranteur, so probably quibbling and apologies for specific descriptions of staff, but I value these personally, as it allows "teaching moments". Hostess walked up to front on cordless phone, no acknowledgement. Finished call and just started walking into dining room with 4 menus. Odd non greeting. We sat. A young, tall, light skinned man approached and with professionalism greeted us and secured a drink order. May have been the manager, but if not should have been. Most competent of the night. Server (blond young lady), brought us drinks. Took food order. No preamble prior to order, no quick once over of specials or fish of day. Nice but generic. Food came. Standout. Perfect portions (fresh and great ingredients and in "dinner I eat at home" serving sizes -hence the European review title).

Overall best meal we had in Westwood, and I recommend vigorously for those looking for a food first, casual fresh experience. Probably going to go back tomorrow.

1 Thank IRGPresident
London
“good atmosphere but so-so food”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Had high hopes for the food, and the whisky corn was good, but everything else was just ok. I ordered chicken with whisky sauce and had the double stuffed baked potato. I only ate half of both. Probably good for drinks but I wouldn't eat there again.

Visited July 2014
Newcastle, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice place”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We had a very nice meal here. I liked getting to choose the side I wanted with my meal. Everyone enjoyed their meals and cocktails. I would eat here again on my next visit to town.

Visited June 2014
Macclesfield
“Good restaurant/bar”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The Glendon has a casual restaurant/sports bar feel which although it has televised sport it isn't too intrusive. The food and service were good and we would definitely go back.

• Visited April 2014