“Excellent trendy Cuidine”

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: La Cienega
Description: Obika Mozzarella Bar is a casual contemporary Italian dining concept which offers the freshest buffalo mozzarellas and a wide range of traditional products and recipes including artisanal pizza.
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Tapenade, pesto, Sundried tomato Bruschetta! Like the ambiance iwher all tourists come to discover LA

Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

Very disappointed... The mozzarella di bufala (only reason why from my hotel in orange county, I went north to Beverly center) tasted like pizza cheese. I got some bresaola also, same story.
Really bad atmosphere, good service but the food was old...

Reviewed 10 February 2012

this is an absolute must in LA. the mozzarella balls are so Devine you must try them all. and the coffee, what can i say european style in america i was so overwhelmed that i could have a real coffee

Reviewed 27 January 2012

Obika was a real disappointment. It's a snazzy looking place, and a clever idea. But the execution was lacking.

I suspect they bought the ingredients for my salmon salad at the deli section of the local Ralph's. It consisted of thin strips of cooked salmon and some spinach leaves that looked suspiciously like they came out of one of those pre-packaged bags. Sure, it is edible, but I can make that myself and for a fifth of the price.

The cheese appetizer was just ok. The cheese was fine, but the anchovies were sorry looking little creatures. The service was awkward at best. The waiter disappeared without taking our order, then hung around when we didn't need him. All this for prices that gets you into a pretty good restaurant.

Ok, maybe I caught them on a bad night, but I won't be hurrying back.

Reviewed 29 June 2011

I'm from Italy and usually I avoid to enter any kind of Italian restaurant outside of Italy,because it is by far... I wouldn't really say worse, but different than the once in italy, and usually their prices are horrible.
However, we have seen this restaurant, and the waiter told us, that their stuff is imported quite often directly from suppliers all over Italy and the prices seemed to be not much higher than at home (mainly because the Euro is quite strong at the moment)

Ok, we ate what we call in Italian "Caprese" (mozzarella, tomato and basilico) which was really good, fresh and really as good as it could be; than a sandwich with prosciutto and tomato(and some other vegetables) which starting from the bread over the vegetables to the mozzarella and the ham was really really tasty andfresh; and some kind of nudles which I don't remember how they where made, however they were cooked perfectly at the "al-dente" point.

Fazit:
After seeing my friends eating spaghetti which ketchup and meat balls pretending to eat pasta bolognese I was really happy with my steaks and burgers and sandwiches. However this restaurant is definitely an alternative to the typical american food and valuable in its price