“Pleasure stay”

Ranked #94 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Bali, Indonesia
“Pleasure stay”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The location is really closed to the Universal City with plenty good restaurant around. The staff are also very helpful in every way, plus the room is very big with very comfortable bed. The only thing that they should improve is the breakfast with more hot selection choice not only the cold instant station.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
blvdhotels, General Manager at BLVD Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Thank you for your business and we appreciate you taking the time to write this review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here at the BLVD Hotel & Spa near Universal Studios! We value guest's feedback and will definitely be taking this into consideration. We hope to see you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Monterey, California
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I had to book a place last minute (two days) and found this hotel in the North Hollywood/Studio City/Toluca Lake area. The price was quite reasonable and it accommodated the three individuals that needed the room. I reserved a two queen bed suite. Since one individual did not want to share a bed I requested to see if they had an extra rollaway bed. The front desk said that they do have rollaway beds but it looked as though there were none available. I guess one has to reserve a rollaway bed early on too (during reservation) before arriving. The cost for a rollaway is $20 extra. Since they did not have a rollaway bed the third person in our party decided to stay elsewhere. Price for parking is also $17. It was tandem parking.

The check-in area is quite crowded/small. There was another group ahead of us and it did feel tight in the area. Luckily, the checkin was quick as the person at the front desk was on it/on top of things. There was another helper in the counter but she was on the phone for a while. We stayed at the second floor. We were given a room overlooking the the South 101 freeway entrance. It seem as though the room had double pane windows as I did not really hear the cars outside. The room was modern and clean. I did like that the room had a fridge, coffee maker, two t.v.'s and a microwave.

What I also like about the room was the a/c was in good working condition. The bed was actually comfortable too. What I did not like was the t.v. There was only one remote that worked for both t.v.'s (one in the bedroom and the other in the small living room). However, changing the channels took a while. You have to wait 3-5 seconds until the next channel/picture appeared. I am hoping it's just the batteries. It was just frustrating. Another frustration was the shower. I think they should put instructions on how to use it inside the bathroom itself and not the phone located in the bedroom. I had to contact the front desk twice to find out how to work the shower. You have to pull both faucets and adjust. It was seriously tricky. I also did not care for the scent/consistency of the lotion. There were no face towels in the bathroom by the way - just regular towels, hand towels and a floor towel.

The next day I decided to use their exercise room. It is a small room with a treadmill, stair-stepper and stationary bike. It was all close to each other. The stair-stepper was wobbly and the treadmill was, again, difficult to operate. You have to reset to start again otherwise it would run amok! I almost fell twice as it stopped suddenly and then went from 1 mph to 6 mph afterwards. I think the treadmill was possessed! I did not use the bike as the adjustment was stuck. The room itself does not provide any space for yoga. There were no towels, water foutain or even weights. It was kind of a bummer. I figured I'd do the wobbly stair-stepper as it was safest of the three. The spa room was closed (it had a sign that noted they had someone in session). I wanted to use the spa but it looks like they only worked on one individual at a time. If this was the case, I would not call it a spa. Another bummer.

There are no restaurant in the premise but they did have a small cafe. For breakfast, I went downstairs thinking the hotel would offer a free continental breakfast. But unfortunately, it was not free. We waited for someone to help us for a good 10 minutes. There were room attendants having their coffee/breakfast and they, too, were starting to look for the person(s) behind the counter. For what food they have it should have been free to guests. I had one waffle, an apple, an orange, a muffin and apple juice for $8. If I were not hungry I would have went somewhere else for breakfast. Plus we were also in a hurry to get going.

Would I stay here again? Maybe...this is a huge PROBABLY. I will probably consider other options first. I did like that the beds were comfortable and I did sleep well. I also like the modern look. Also, now I know how to work the shower. The elevator, at least, worked well too. Otherwise, it was not what I had expected.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TRTW
Thank you for your business and we appreciate you taking the time to write this review! We take every single guests' feedback into consideration to improve our services so that your next visit will be a pleasant one. Please give us a second chance to show you our commitment to our guests. We hope to see you back soon!
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Perfect for our stay. Huge, modern, clean room. Really comfortable bed and was close to Hollywood attractions. Car parking is a little rubbish and the pool is shockingly bad ( we didn't stay here for the pool) I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your business and we appreciate you taking the time to write this review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here at the BLVD Hotel & Spa near Universal Studios! We hope to see you back soon!
Cullman, Alabama
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I like the modern style of the room. The room was big with a nice bathroom and comfortable bed. The book was very helpful on how to work the shower (confusing), restaurants in the area and which ones deliver to your room. The WiFi was very fast and free. The only bad things were the $17 parking a day and the small, out of the way indoor pool. I would recommend this hotel for leisure and to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We were only in this hotel for one night, but the check-in was quick, room was nice and although it was across the street from the freeway,very quiet! We will definitely be back, if needed!

Beds were a nice size and the small dining area was a nice touch! The coffee and small fridge was a nice extra!

Room Tip: We were facing the freeway and it was quiet...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank hockeyfamily6
Thank you for your business and we appreciate you taking the time to write this review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here at the BLVD Hotel & Spa near Universal Studios! We're glad you enjoyed it! We hope to see you back soon!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We picked this hotel because it was walking distance to the apartment where my oldest son lives. Turned out to be a great location for other reasons. Very easy access to Hwy 101, close to Hollywood sign, Museums, Griffith Observatory, etc.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I would recommend this if you're looking for a low budget, but decent place in Studio City. It was average - with clean rooms, parking lot and a snack bar for fruit, water, soda etc. Note - the walls are paper thin. I had a colleague in the next room over and we literally had a conversation through the walls, we didn't even have to leave our rooms.
There's a strip mall across the street with Starbucks, Togos etc, so you have the convenience of that if you need it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank whenyougo
Thank you for your business and we appreciate you taking the time to write this review! We appreciate your feedback and will definitely be taking it into consideration. We hope to see you back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
The Garland
#13 of 351 in Los Angeles
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,913 reviews

Been to BLVD Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!