“Very good for price and location”

Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
Ranked #131 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 11 March 2012

The Good: Located right off Century Blvd., very close to airport. From touchdown to hotel took me 30 minutes, with checked bags. Room 651 had two beds and faced out onto hallway with windows to outside back of building and parking lot. Clean room. Free wifi. Room had pull down shade behind sheer curtains which kept the room very private. Good customer service. Wake up call as requested. The bad: Burger in bar high priced so I went across the street to Burger King for food. Two shuttles went by as I was exiting the lobby, the second without stopping to look for passengers and I had to wait 20 minutes for next shuttle. Male driver to hotel not anxious to help with bags. Female driver on return very helpful. TV in room got fuzzy above channel 22. If you found this review helpful, please click on “Yes.” Thanks.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank kitchenchemist

Reviewed 11 March 2012

I stayed here one night and would rate this as one of my least favorite Starwood properties. I booked a Deluxe room through spg.com, but when I entered it, I found the room to be very dated, grungy, with worn and stained carpeting, old TV, '80s-era bathroom, etc. I promptly called the front desk (which was inadequately staffed, by the way) and found out I was inexplicably given a Traditional room. I went down to the front desk to ask for the room that I had reserved. No explanation or apology was given, but I was re-assigned to a Deluxe room. This room was more modern and comfortable, but it was very small and still somewhat dirty (the carpeting was sticky) and very noisy. Doors slammed shut throughout the night. Check out was without any pleasantries or graciousness.

In short, I will certainly book elsewhere the next time I need a hotel near LAX. I'm surprised and skeptical about all of the positive reviews.

Room Tip: Avoid Traditional rooms!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
PBFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

All reviews are great, good and bad. While the positive reinforcement goes a long way with the staff, we learn more from the negative comments. The lesson here is that we missed on the fundamental blocking and tackling. Have a warm welcome, a friendly and efficient check-in into the room they reserved. As soon as you got to one of our east tower rooms it was all over for us. I sincerely apologize that we didn't get you into our preferred west tower.

The good news for the future is that we are now more than two weeks into our east tower renovation. In a week we get our first renovated floor back.

Thanks again for your comments. I hope you will try us again and if you do feel free to contact me directly to ensure we get you in a great room.

Best,

Phil
GM

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Food: breakfast boasts a full buffet from scramble eggs, hot oatmeal, fruits to cold cereal and milk. One can also order off the breakfast menu. During my week long stay, I ate on site over ten meals. Lunch and dinner foods are consistent. What stood out to me is the restaurant service staff: Patty, Jesus, James, Maria (mgr), Mario ... worked very well as a team together. Their acommodating, friendly service kept me coming back daily.

Hotel room: 3-star. You can what you pay for. I didn't pay much, so I didnt' get much, nor should I have expected much. What you do get is a clean room w/ comfortable bed & linen, professional daily house-keeping, a functioning bathroom with all the clean hotel towels one wants. Also free daily in room H2O.

Acommodation: a clean, heated outdoor lap-pool with towels. Exercise room has free weights and four working LifeStyle treadmills and somesuch. Definately more than what I expected!

Concierge, front desk and other service staff: professional, acommadating and service oriented. Very consistent throughout my week long stay!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Andy C

Thank you for recognizing Patty, Jesus, James, Maria and Mario. We love to pass on KUDOs!!! I hope we'll be welcoming you back soon! Best, Phil GM

Reviewed 9 March 2012

I have never stayed at a Sheraton that disgusted me so much. The pillows on the bed were dirty and had yellowish stains on them. The blankets above the sheets had holes in them. My wife and I had to strip the bed down to the sheet. The sheet was the only item that looked like it had been washed. It felt like we were staying at a Motel 6. Very disappointed that Sheraton would lower their standards to this level.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

I went over your review with our Housekeeping team this morning. We finshed deploying a quarter million dollars of new linen last week. I firmly believe that your linen was clean, however it was likely older and should have pulled. I'm making sure that all the older blankets and linen are taken out of circulation early this week. I'm sorry we didn't do it in time for your stay.

Best,
Phil
GM

Reviewed 8 March 2012

Had one night stay excellent rate $80 with breakfast included but parking was around $19. Free WIFI and right across from budget car rental and free airport shuttle very convenient.
Front desk agent who was exceptionally courteous and very professional her name was Edith.
If you got her at the desk she will make your stay even better.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tashfeein
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We had an early flight out of LAX and stayed here the night before. Very convenient, walking distance to many rental agencies and with a hotel shuttle to the airport in the morning. The hotel was not high class - had paper cups instead of glasses in the room, for example, but was an economical choice. We enjoyed the bar - not fancy, but 100 beer choices and good apps.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank cookers96
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I was coming back after visiting family in the LA area and needed a hotel that was close to the airport and rental agencies. I was tired and the hotel staff was very helpful and welcoming. When I got to my room I had all that I needed for a comfortable and restful night.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo