Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
Ranked #133 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Think twice before staying at this property. The valet service guys are rude and verbally assaulting. My experience at this property has been very positive the first few times I stayed there but. This last visit will be my last visit. I complained about the verbal assault to the valet manager and he did not do anything to resolve the issue. As far as I could see he never even spoke to his employee about the situation. I was never contacted by hotel management either. I left them a poor review on their hotel survey and still no communication back from them. I would not recommend this property to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
PKFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I am also sorry to hear about your interactions with our Guest Services staff. That simply is unacceptable. Rest assured, this has been addressed as all interactions with our guests should be nothing but friendly and hospitable. I do hope you'll give us another try to get it right. All the best.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

First let me start by saying that we usually stay at the Sheraton Gateway which is also right next to LAX but when booking this time I blanked out and booked Sheraton Four Points at LAX instead. The room cost was much higher than what I've paid at the Sheraton Gateway which is odd because the Gateway is actually a bit higher rated than the Four points on other travel websites and Trip Advisor.

I thought the lobby was welcoming and attrative and check in staff were very nice. The lobby has several large TV's and areas for sitting and lounging. I noticed that in general the staff was very helpful and customer service oriented. I didn't try out the pool but was told that it was heated and there was a pool bar and cafe. I stayed on the SPG (sheraton loyalty member) floor. The lobby areas were clean and the room looked over the airport. There was no plane noise at all which is nice because at the Sheraton Gateway the airport noise can be quite loud. The room and bathroom were on the small side but it was clean and the beds were very comfortable- plus a mini-fridge.

The food in the lobby bar, Brewsters was good- not great although they had a huge beer selection and several large TV's so if you're looking for a sports bar this one fits the bill. The breakfast at the restaurant was another story- way below average and some of the items on the buffet were not appetizing. Ordering off the menu was a much better option.

Overall there were pluses and minuses but I felt that I could only rate the hotel as average because the cost was so much higher than the value-even for LA.

Room Tip: Was on the 7th floor facing the airport with very little noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank RD430
PKFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you very much for the feedback. We're always striving to improve and are planning updates for the menus soon, so keep an eye out for those. We hope you'll give us another chance to provide an upgraded experience. Best.

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

When you choose an airport hotel you need very specific things. Good location, to be comfortable, clean, to have an easy to access parking lot and an early and complete breakfast.
This hotel fails in multiple categories. It is old, the parking lot is a mess, same as the breakfast. But the thing that really bother me was the cleanliness. I found multiple black hairs in the bathroom (I don't have black hair), the carpet was wet and smelly, towels were really thin from the multiple uses. Just avoid it as I will. I'm actually avoiding the whole chain of hotels.

• Stayed: June 2014
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear MTorre,

Thank you for your honest feedback. Cleanliness is very important to us and so we apologize for your recent experience. Rest assured, your comments have been addressed with housekeeping and properly handled. Again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Ok my night he was good without problems and the staff was not that friendly.. it felt cold and so bad.. i think that it can be worked out with more service practices.. i used to work for Trump Tower in Panama city.. a Mistery Shopper trained us for anticipating guest needs..

If a Maneger sees this masege please dont go rough on the employees.. they only need trainning

Best wishes to all!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 25 June 2014

After spending more than 50 nights a year in hotel rooms I thought I had seen it all but this hotel set a new low.

I was booked here by the concierge at the Westin LAX because my early check-in room there was not available and, according to them, the Four Points Hotel had rooms ready “now”. “Now” turned out to mean later that day but the desk clerk found me a room in about an hour. (He also told me that they don't have any housekeeping staff working before 9:00am which would be a new first for an airport hotel!)

I climbed into bed to get some sleep after my 14 hour flight and was woken by a gurgling noise in the bathroom. I tried to ignore it but eventually got up to find the bathroom floor covered in numerous spot of water and the bath full of what looked like effluent.

The GM apologized, changed my room and offered some beer vouchers.

The new room was OK for an airport hotel and the restaurant service was quite good but it won't be my choice in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

The worst experience in my life, a poor quality, bad customer service, and the parking lot is extremely small so I can't not find a place to park my truck and they told me they don't have any spot for handicap guests.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Mauricio G,

Thank you for your feedback and allowing us the opportunity to improve. We strive to provide uncomplicated comfort for each guest and so we are sorry to hear that you experienced poor customer service during your recent stay. Rest assured, your comments have been addressed with our team in hopes of better improving future guest stays. We hope that you will give us another try in the future.