“A gem of a retreat”
other travellers have booked this property
View from the street of 2026
The 2026 compound features a secure and private entrance Master bedroom features plenty of natural light
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
The 2026 compound features a secure and private entrance
Master bedroom features plenty of natural light
Second bedroom features a Murphy bed. Room features plenty of natural light and walk-in closet.
Kitchen with washer and dryer off to the side
Living room and hallway view from entrance
Living room
Gourmet kitchen features a dishwasher, gas range and oven, backyard access and a bar sink
Kitchen with all of the amenities
Bathroom with steam shower
Steam shower
Water feature and front garden
Entryway to the apartments
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

MirageLad...
Palm Desert, California, USA
“A gem of a retreat”
Reviewed 22 June 2017 for a stay in February 2017

This apartment is in a very convenient location in the mid-city area, just a few blocks from I-10 so it's easy to get downtown or to the west side. When you enter through the gate, you find yourself in an oasis of calm and beauty. The apartment is well furnished and very attractive. I stayed here for 2 1/2 months and was very comfortable and secure.The landlord is a really nice person, very helpful, supportive and accommodating. I recommend it to anyone looking for a centrally located place to stay in the LA area. I would gladly stay there again, if I need to return for an extended stay.

Your age range 65+
justintpa...
Los Angeles, California
“Save your time and your money.”
Reviewed 1 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Owner enjoys cancelling on people at his own convenience. Flaky and unprofessional. You are better off trying elsewhere.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
2 Jun 2017
No actually I got distracted by personal issues and unfortunately the reservation slipped my mind until I got the notification that the final payment was being processed. Believe me I'm not proud of this moment at all!!! I've never had this happen in my seven years of operating this system and trust (considering my many positive reviews) it will never happen again!
Again, my sincere apologies to Justin for this unfortunate circumstance.

Jim Patton
Sent from my iPhone
Reviewed 28 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

Wian56
“Nice apartment in the middle of the famous LA attractions”
Reviewed 13 August 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

Our visit to LA was one of the highlights of our holiday. And the fact we could stay in the West View Street apartment helped with that.

The apartment is an comfortable, affordable and very well equipped apartment close to the LA attractions with a friendly, helpful and flexible host. The apartment is a good alternative to the expensive hotels in LA.

For sure we will consider coming back to the apartment when we are again in LA and we recommend it to family and friends.

Jim, thanks for giving us the opportunity and success with future tenants.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was so complete, everything we needed was there
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
flatwins
Round Rock, Texas
“Stuck in the Stink.....”
Reviewed 8 December 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

Unfortunately, first impressions are everything. We walked in to the condo and it had an overwhelming smell of Indian Cooking. We are not a sensitive family but our eyes/nose were burning with the smell. When I asked about it, I was told it was previous renter. However, I went out the back door and it smelled like it was coming from another part of building. Discovered several housekeeping issues, supposedly cleaning supplies were to be made available but only empty bottles in kitchen and in closet outside condo. First stop at store was to get supplies and febreeze. (We also had a shower drain issue but owner was very proactive and got it fixed immediately.) We opened windows and febreezed the condo. The odor the first day was the worst but it lingered throughout the stay. My teens referred to it as the stinky condo. I had to spray condo every morning when we left for the day to make it bearable. This was a holiday trip and we stay in rental properties to make experience nicer not worse. I chose this condo based on the great reviews and felt terrible I brought my family here. The second morning we were awakened to one of the owners watering plants at 6:30 am and spraying our window numerous times with water. The owners obviously care about the property but a little TLC for the condo would go a very long way. All the towels were dingy white. The linen closet looked like it just needed to be purged of old, dated items. The pillows in the 2nd bedroom are in desperate need of replacing- very thin and stained. A couple little details would greatly improve the property.

Also, after waiting a week, I had to call to get our deposit back. Once the call was made, it was done within hours.

We stayed in 2026 westview- 2 bedroom. Exterior of property is very pretty and well maintained. Street was quiet and felt safe, but the area around it did not. Street parking was not overly abundant as stated. Area was centrally located for LA attractions and beaches.

Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Mike H
“Well presented property in a central location”
Reviewed 8 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

I stayed here with my wife and daughter for 8 nights. The apartment is well presented and functional with kitchen equipment, dishwasher and a washing machine. It is located in a quiet side street and is very secure. The neighbourhood seemed safe which is something you have to consider in a big city like LA where the type of neighbourhood can differ dramatically in a few blocks. It is located just off the 10 freeway to Santa Monica and is centrally placed for attractions such as Magic Mountain, Disneyland and Raging Waters which are all approximately 30 miles away. Santa Monica is about 7 miles away and Hollywood is a similar distance. We had a hire car and I think you would need one to get around from this location. Be prepared for the traffic as driving in LA involves plenty of sitting in traffic jams with the 10 freeway being particularly busy in my experience. The owner Jim lives upstairs and is very helpful with advice and tips to help you out. He also provided a good service when booking the apartment and was also kind enough to let us check in a bit early on our first day. The apartment has good air con which was vital when we were there as it was very hot. We really enjoyed our stay and given the location and quality of the accomodation I think this property represents excellent value for money.

Travelling group: Teenagers
Martin C
“Perfect Los Angeles base”
Reviewed 25 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

This was the perfect place for me to bring my two sons (17 and 22) to Los Angeles for a family holiday.
Ideal to reach the centre of LA, Hollywood, as well as the freeways to all areas around.
The home is just that, home.
Tastefully appointed with everything one could need to make the most of any trip. The front area even has a lovely fountain to greet your arrival.
The owner (Jim) was very easy to get along with arranging everything by email both before the trip and during our stay.
I couldn't recommend this place highly enough,

Liked best: Location and parking
Liked least: Hard to find something to write here!
Travelling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing