“The line is there for a reason. . .”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pampas Grill

Pampas Grill
Ranked #34 of 9,895 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Brazilian, Barbecue, South American
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
L.A.
“The line is there for a reason. . .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

There's a reason this place has a line most of the time -- it's that good. Forget about the unique cafeteria service system (it's very efficient) and focus on the food. Fresh salad selections, dozens of side dishes (the sun-dried tomato pasta salad is delish) and then you get to the meat. Slabs of excellent beef and lamb, slowly cooked to perfection on a sort of upstanding bbq -- great choices -- and a bacon wrapped chicken which is absolutely wonderful. Get great food, find a good table to watching the passing parade at the Market and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy (guaranteed!).

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank dmh45

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

As we entered the Farmer's Market car park we knew what we wanted. Some of the BBQ'd food that smelt soooo good. We walked through the market and finally found the source of the wonderful fragrance at the Pampas grill. Never come across a food place like it but hope to find similar ones again. All the meats are cooked over a charcoal fire pit to perfection and having helped yourself at the amply stocked salad bar you choose what quantity you'd like of the many meats on offer. Your plate is then weighed to determine what you pay. Really novel but great way to ensure you get the food you want.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank John M
Mesa, Arizona
“Brazilian Food on the cheap”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

Not much of a line when we visited over Labor Day weekend. Nice selection of salads and of course the meat. Your food is charged by the weight of your plate. I had a nice big plate of meats and salads for around 12 dollars. If you like Brazilian food, meat especially, this a a fun place to visit. It is buffet/cafeteria style, so you choose exactly what you want and how much.They do a a lot of business, so they food is all fresh. Enjoy!

• Visited September 2013
Orlando, Florida
“So good I went back for more the next day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

Went walking through Farmer's Market with my partner and friend. Trying to decide on lunch, I walked by this place and my mind was made up. The line wrapped around the side. I don’t usually like waiting in long lines for food when I’m hungry, but I had a feeling about this place. And boy was I right. OMG it was absolutely delicious! I had top sirloin, sirloin cap and spicy chicken. I also got a small salad, chicken stroganoff, boiled eggs, and pineapple bits–all for just over $12. As I was telling folks about my experience, I decided I had to go back there the next day. Got more meat the second time around. Highly recommend this place. The line is worth the wait!

• Visited August 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Pay by the pound”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

I had a taste of plantains, spicy chicken, chickens with a pink suace on top of spaghetti. The spicy chicken was really good. The chicken that was with a sauce was tough. I thought the price was expensive in comparison to amount of food u get.

• Visited August 2013