“Great value, sleekly designed hotel in a good location with very helpful friendly staff”

Mr. C Beverly Hills
Ranked #67 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I was pleasantly surprised at my recent stay with my 14 year old daughter for her President's week vacation. I booked it through Magellan vacations a few months prior and actually had a rate DROP since my initial booking to $250 per night for a city facing double on the third floor. This was an amazing value. The beds were incredibly comfortable, likened to Marriott bed quality. The decor was chic modern. The room had a flat screen TV and a small but beautiful bathroom with rain shower head and hand spray. Very beautifully designed. I will say that I found it odd that there was absolutely NO drawer space? Yes a closet but no drawer space. That would be my only criticism. Otherwise the hotel was wonderful, and the concierge Kimberly literally planned and booked this entire trip from restaurants to tickets to cirque de soleil, To surf lessons for my daughter, and the itinerary for touring Malibu and Santa Monica as well as The Paramount Studio tour and universal studios tour as well as arranging a rental car. She was excellent and booked most of this before my arrival. I am very grateful for her help as I could not have
done it myself.
We have great memories of the trip. And thanks to Kimberly we really made the most of our stay.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank diane100

Reviewed 18 February 2012

Stayed here on the last night of our honeymoon after returning from Hawaii and we definately saved the best til last! The free bellinis on arrival certainly put us in a good mood as did the welcome we received when we checked in. The rooms are comfy and look fantastic and it is definately worth booking a room with a Beverly hills view. The location is pretty handy for rodeo drive, we walked there in about 15 minutes through a pretty safe neighbourhood. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amazingmuppet
Reviewed 16 February 2012

This review is for both the hotel and the restaurant. It is hard to separate the two as we pretty much spent our entire weekend at this wonderful facility. This is easily the best time we have all ever had in LA. Four of us gathered for a girls weekend of shopping and dining and I chose Mr. C due to the location and the photos on the website. From the moment we walked into the lobby we knew it was the right choice. The friendly and accommodating manager, Richard, greeted us and offered complimentary bellinis in their gorgeous airy lobby bar. While we sat and chatted, Richard handled our check in process. He returned with our keys and escorted us to our spacious, beautiful rooms - both with amazing balconies. We were having so much fun at the hotel we decided to give the restaurant a try. Again, the minute we walked in we were warmly greeted by the manager, Eric. He was the perfectly charming host for our evening. Our waiter, PJ, was helpful and proficient yet very personable. All of us continually commented that everyone seemed to genuinely enjoy working there. The food and service were amazing throughout. As gals, we like ordering appetizers and then will maybe split an entree or two. They accommodated us generously and without fuss. We ended up staying at our table for over three hours just having a great time catching up. When Eric noticed we hadn't ordered dessert, he treated us to delicious crepes - flambéed tableside. Though we had reservations elsewhere the next night, we cancelled and chose to return to Mr. C's restaurant again. And the 2nd dinner was just as amazing as the 1st. Mind you, this was Grammy weekend and the Grammy host - LL Cool J - was also hosting a big party at the hotel. We had no reservations but they carved out a perfect table for us and treated us like royalty - even though the place was full of celebrities. Again service and our meal were perfection. This time, dessert was a piece of white cake - something I would never order - yet it was heavenly. Again, we pretty much parked ourselves at the table until closing. The next morning, we didn't want to leave so we headed to our favorite lobby bar where the adorable Ben made perfect cappuccinos and mimosas. Richard, the manager, checked on us throughout the weekend to make sure our every wish was accommodated. All of us agreed, they were. It really was a perfect weekend at Mr. C. If you go, I'm confident you will have an amazing experience.

Room Tip: The Beverly Hills view from your balcony is lovely
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Renee P
Reviewed 15 February 2012

The number one thing that stuck out at me was the amazing service from every single person who worked at the hotel. From the bar tender, to valet, to front desk, they all were on top of their game. I have to say the valet is one of the best I have experienced in town. They were by far the quickest at bringing my car up than any other hotel in the area.

The rooms were nice, nothing amazing but still very nice. The bed was very comfortable, got a good nights sleep every night. The bathroom was good, with a rainfall shower and 2 sinks. There was no bathtub, just a walk in shower. The one thing I did not like was the hardwood floors in the room. You could hear the people above and beside you whenever they walked. It wasn't a huge deal but that would be the only negative about the stay.

A few other random things...The location was great with easy access. There is a grocery store and starbucks across the street so you have everything you need within walking distance. Parking is $35 per day but that is about normal for any hotel in Beverly Hills. The complimentary wifi was a nice bonus though.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Great stay, amazing service, The room that was assigned to us wasn't ready upon arrival (we arrived late morning), so Richard found us another room immediately. Merci Richard, et bonne continuation! The service was always good, when ordering room service, or just calling a cab, offering us water for the road. Coffee was very expensive (7$ for a small cup of cappuccino that wasn't that great), so we walked down the road for breakfast the next day. I would recommand this hotel anytime! The room was big, comfortable, we were near the elevator but didn't hear a thing! Great balcony.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KAOSMUA
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We arrived to the hotel late and after 24 hours of travelling were too tired to get dressed up and head to the restaurant. So we showered and then ordered room service. It was amazing, when it arrived two waiters brought this large round table into our room, with the heated trolley under the crisp white table-cloth. They served us dinner the way they would in the restaurant (having been to the London branch many times). It was funny for us, sitting there in a bath-robes, perching on the end of the bed, eating this 'posh' meal!

We slept so well and woke up early the next morning to see the sunrise over LA. We took the lift to the top floor and went out on the balcony. It was beautiful.

We had to depart early the next morning, but I was keen to see the pool, it hadn't been opened yet, but the staff where happy to open it up early for us to have a look.

I really enjoyed our short stay there and hope to return again for longer.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PurdieParks
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We stayed at Mr. C in October, and gave it 5 stars despite some oddities; the overall ambiance and service made up for those oddities. Although our January visit had fewer oddities, the service and ambiance were not quite as European. Instead of immediately offering the on-arrival complimentary bellini, the greeter offered us tea or coffee; only when we looked baffled did he offer the bellini.

Mr C is a European style hotel, with the pros and cons associated with this. Cons: very high prices for such things as drinks and coffee; showers but no tubs; no icemakers--it is necessary to call room service; no in-room coffee makers.Pros: the aforementioned ambiance and service; newspapers delivered on the door handle in little cloth bags.

The rooms at Mr C are spacious and lovely, furnished in either white or brown leather (I prefer the white). On our first stay I asked for a quiet room far from the elevator, and I got a noisy room right near the elevator with several other sources of noise--the outside entrance below, the moving of furniture above, and the people next door. This time I got a room that, although still next to the elevator, was quiet. Again, except for the people above--we could hear them pee, flush, and walk around. The stylish wood floors in the rooms are not insulated enough against upstairs noise.

We ate at the restaurant both times. The first time we were very impressed with both the food and the drink, although they tried (as always seems to happen to me) to seat us right next to the service station. This time they succeeded in seating us right next to the service station; when I complained about the rattling of cutlery and asked to move, the waiter (who was very pleasant) assured us the noise would stop. It didn't, nor did the constant movement of people back and forth around and behind us. There was no need to seat us in this spot, the restaurant was about one third full.

We had several dishes ranging from exellent (the proscuttio cotta with mozarella) to Chef Boy-Ar-Dee (the pasta with red sauce and sausage; I would stay away from anything with red sauce in Mr. C). The white cake and sorbets were awesome. The glasses of wine were ridiculously small, and thus incredibly overpriced.

Also overpriced: the parking, at $35 a day.

If I could only rid myself of my travel jinxes, which follow me absolutely everywhere I go: being seated at the table next to the service station, and being assigned a room next to the elevator and ice maker (that is, in hotels that have an icemaker).

Although Mr. C says it is in Beverly Hills, it is not, it is adjacent. There is a handy Ralph's across the road, but not much else. The shops and boutiques of Rodeo Drive are quite a few blocks away.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better. Men would probably like the brown leather rooms, women would proba...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Beverly Hills Marriott
#66 of 355 in Los Angeles
Central L.A
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills

Been to Mr. C Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!