“The Capri vibe, but not quite”

Mr. C Beverly Hills
Ranked #63 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Rooms are nicely designed with copies of modern classic pieces and immaculate. Views are very nice on the Beverly Hills side. Floor-to-ceiling sliders open up on to your balconies to allow you to take it in fully. Beds are very comfortable - although we normally prefer firmer mattresses, theirs was relatively soft, but we had no back pain issues and slept very well. Service in general was good, but nothing extraordinary.

Although we had a good experience here, we think many things could have gone very wrong had we stayed much longer.

The hotel premises are very well put together and maintained. We had a suite facing Beverly Hills side. If you get a room on the other side of the building, it opens up onto Pico Blvd, which can get very noisy. The Pico view itself isn't great and there isn't much sun. On the other hand, the entry to the hotel is on the Beverly Hills side, and if you're in the lower floors, be prepared to deal with noise and smoke from the entry area at night as party goers mill about there.

The hotel is supposed to be smoke-free. On the morning of our check-out, the smell of smoke infiltrated almost the entirety of our suite. The smoke was clearly coming from another room. We brought this up to the front desk and all they could do was apologize. Apparently they have a penalty for smoking, but this is clearly not well enforced and the policy is not brought to the guests' attention upon check-in. Rooms don't have much in terms of fabrics so smoke smells don't linger too long, but still very unpleasant to wake up to that.

Noise is also a potential problem. There are area rugs, but rooms have wooden floors. We were fortunate that our neighbors weren't walking around at all hours in shoes, but it was very easy to hear the clomping of shoes when someone was walking around. Also kids crying could be heard through the walls very clearly and we did not have any connecting doors.

Showers were low-flow. Jacuzzi tub wasn't working properly - kept going on and off by itself.

Service in the restaurant was questionable - they're trying to give you European 5* service, but they're not quite getting it right. You might spend 5 minutes explaining what you want, and they'll say they understand, and even repeat what you asked for, but then you get exactly what you said you didn't want.

Also, inquire about events. On several days of our stay, the hotel was buzzing with event activity, which even closed off the pool to guests. When they cater to the events, individual guests might get short changed on service.

Overall, it was almost there - almost as if they were trying to give you that vibe of a visit to the Amalfi coast. However, if you're accustomed to impeccable service in luxury hotels, and won't tolerate anything less, these little potential hazards might be a dealbreaker.

Room Tip: Beverly Hills view side way better than Pico Blvd side.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Wanderkinder

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Mr C is a very nice hotel located on the edge of Beverly Hills. We stayed in a premium room with a view of Bervely Hills. The room was white and very nice. We especially loved the balcony and the view of Beverly Hills. We could even see the Hollywood sign. The beds were also exceptional. Furthermore all of the staff were very nice and acommodating. I recommend booking a room with a view of Beverly Hills as the other side of the hotel faces a rather busy road. However the view did seem nice from that side as well as Mr C is one of the few tall buildings in the neighbourhood.

On the downside our room had a weird smell which we recognized every time we entered. We did not address this issue at the front desk as the inconvenience was limited. Furthermore the room was not ready when we arrived at 3.30 pm. It should however be noted that we were taken to the pool area in a nice cabana where we could wait for our room with some nice bellini's. At the pool party the next day the cabana's cost USD 200 each which we felt was a bit expensive. Would have given the hotel 4.5 if possible. Will definitely consider staying here again as it is excellent value.

Room Tip: Choose a room with Beverly Hills view to avoid traffic outside your window
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChristianMB
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Stayed here during the week for work and on a Wednesday night I had a bad prom nightclub rendition in my room until 12pm. When speaking with the front desk they said "we'll see what we can do." which consisted of nothing, so if you enjoy listening to every word and resounding bass from call me maybe in your bed please spend $400 a night here!

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank Ssbiztraveler1212
Mr C, Guest Relations Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

I am really sorry about your experience at Mr. C.

I know my response is late and I apologize for that.

Unfortunatly when there is an event on the 12th floor it could get a bit noisy on the high floors. But we have events less than once a month, and I am sure that on any other day, you would have a noise free stay. We would be extremely happy to have you back at Mr. C, and we would do our best to make your stay more pleasant and quite.

Please contact me directly if you have any questions or concerns

Sincerely

Clemente Attolico Trivulzio
ctrivulzio@mrchotels.com

Reviewed 17 July 2012

Mr c's is not the normal kind of hotel that I would afford to stay in, it is very expensive indeed, however we were on a trip of a lifetime and found a great on line deal. The hotel is truly 5 stars the service is impeccable the rooms are outstanding. With beautiful furnishings and fixings, the beds are massive and so very comfy! My wife and daughter and I enjoyed the huge size of the room which felt almost suite like. The room had two full size king size beds a living room area a dressing room / lobby and a massive bathroom, our room was on the front entrance side of the hotel which offered amazing views over Hollywood and rodeo, the Hollywood sign was present in the distant hills which was impressive, shame they don't light it up at night!! The food was fantastic both in the reastraunt and from room service. The pool bar and surroundings were truly wonderful, although the pool is quite small and often busy it is adequate but adequate, the poolside design and furniture beautifully complement the style and luxury of the surrounding.

Room Tip: I suggest a room on the entrance side where the valet is as you see all across Hollywood an look rig...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Shaun H
Reviewed 12 July 2012

It's unfortunate that this hotel really underwhelmed us as I was really looking forward to coming here. The valet staff, doormen and driver are great, really friendly and helpful so set you up for a good stay sadly it goes down hill from there we experienced many of the issues touched upon by previous reviewers and some more.
1. Twin room the beds are tiny my kids wouldn't share one so we moved them to a king with a roll away.
2. Internet so slow and poor quality it's a waste of time as it keeps dropping off.
3. Maitre D in the restaurant completely ignored my wife and I walking past 3 times as we stood waiting for a table in an almost empty restaurant in the end someone more junior came to serve us (must have been my shorts & tshirt)
4. I've never experienced before a hotel knocking at the door at 11pm to do a turn down service
5. Nor experienced a hotel whose policy is to provide a single 250ml bottle of water to share at turn down - I called the front desk to check if this was a mistake and they said no that's normal.
6. Curtains have no black outs and only just meet so forget sleeping before 11pm as the lights on your balcony stay on until after then and be prepared to wake with the sun.

Sadly very disappointing all in all and poor value based on the overall experience

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank buttieandpants
Mr C, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

It is disappointing that we did not meet your expectations on your last stay with us, and we apologize for the inconveniences that this caused

We strive for excellence everyday and on this occasion we failed to meet those expectations

Your feedback is critical to our ongoing success, I would like to personally request that upon your next visit to Los Angeles you contact me directly to assist with anything you may need.

Warm Regards,
Louis Vasquez
Front Office Manager
lvasquez@mrchotels.com

Reviewed 11 July 2012

I was actually disappointed with the hotel. Although it was very clean and the staff was nice, I found the room was on the small side without enough storage for an extended trip (we stayed 5 nights). The front desk had our check on the wrong date and then told us "sorry, we are fully obligated" so I spent my morning stressing out and correcting my check out date which I had to prove with my confirmation email that I received upon making the initial reservation. The pool was unavailable at least 3 nights of our 6 day stay because of private parties. Lastly, the pricing for food and beverage is extremely high. I drank a bottle of nectar from the room fridge and was charged $12. A large coffee to your room will set you back $22 and parking for your rental car is $35 a night, I will not come back. I love the London in West Hollywood which offers a ton of space for your clothes (a separate dressing area) amazing bathrooms (with tub and shower) and breakfast is included in your stay which is an assortment of delish food found in their restaurant, OH AND FORGET using the internet in Mr. C's. It was soooooo slow I swore we were on dial up.

Room Tip: Def book a room facing bev hills side.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank PamelaOBR

We apologize for your disappointment

We strive for excellence everyday at Mr. C Beverly Hills and we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

We value your feedback and will utilize these comments and short comings to continue to improve all our guest experiences

Warm Regards,
Louis Vasquez
Front Office Manager
lvasquez@mrchotels.com

Reviewed 6 July 2012

This is a great hotel, newly refurbished with quality service and amenities.

Hotel was booked out this time so got a room facing Pico Blvd, try and request a room on the Beverly Hills side, prettier outlook and quieter. Preferred the white decor to the brown.

Service is excellent everywhere but at the check in, where they tend to be less friendly and more off hand. As I was staying a second time in six months was disappointed that my request for a room on the Beverly Hills side was brushed off so easily. It is all in how you say things.

The staff that excel are at the concierge, Angel who drives the Hotel Car, Angel who collected our bags and all the guys outside in their suits who set high standards in customer service and friendliness. The restaurant is a treat and it is easy walking distance to Rodeo Drive. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a white room on the Beverly Hills side
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Central L.A
SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills
West Hollywood
The London West Hollywood at Beverly Hills

Been to Mr. C Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!