“Wonderful”

Ranked #52 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Los Angeles, California
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 28 March 2013

As you may have determined from my reviews, I travel a lot. About 30% of the time on business. I liked my stay, for leisure by the way, at Mr. C's. The pool isn't finished nor is the spa (and that's why it only get's a 4-star rating) but the room was terrific. Service was great. The bed was a bit soft for me but one can order a bed board. Towels were soft. Nice get away for me in Los Angeles.

Room Tip: Don't spend the extra money for the Beverly Hills view. Who cares? All you see is buildings on...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Dear TankPolank, Thank you for your nice review! We're thrilled to know that your stay at Mr.C Beverly Hills was wonderful and we're looking forward to welcome you back next time you need to get away from your daily business schedule. The SPA indeed is not open yet, but I'm glad to inform you that it will open at the end of April. Our swimming pool, known as the Yacht Club is open and we hope you'll be able to enoy it on your next stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I visited the hotel for business with a colleague mid-March. The hotel was beautiful, and the decor lovely. Great location also. Major issue: phoned in advance (a month in advance) to book a room with two double beds - the person I spoke to left a note on the account. Despite this, when I checked in, there was only a room with a double bed waiting for us. We had to have a roll-in bed added. There was nothing offered to us to compensate for this, despite our having (politely) complained. With so many hotels to choose from in the area, I would not stay at this hotel again unless given a complimentary night's stay - a hotel that charges this much should be able to accommodate so simple a request. Customer service is everything for me, and in this area, I found the hotel lacking.

Room Tip: Make sure you speak to more than one person and confirm their name / employee number when making spe...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Angeliina
Dear Angeliina, Thank you for your time in providing us with your fedback. While we're excited to hear that you've enjoyed the beauty of our hotel, we're disheartened to know that we weren't able to accomodate your request. Providing excellent customer service is at the heart of each of our staff member, and we're sorry if you feel your concern wasn't addressed properly. I recall that you have placed a request for a room with two beds, and a notation was made on your reservation; however knowing that this accomodation was not available we tried our best to facilitate your stay with us. We hope that you will give us a second chance in the future to provide you with the service and accomodations that will exceed your expectation.
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I stayed at Mr. C Beverly Hills for my birthday with my husband. It was such an amazing stay. I loved the retro glam feel of te hotel. The rooms were absolutely stunning and beautiful. I loved the view. The service was great! Concierge did a great job in informing me about the area! The valet service was absolutelt stellar! They really know how to take care of a guest! Brandon and James were especially helpful and made sure we had a five star stay! I can't say enough about this hotel! I will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank worldtraveler4532
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Dear worldtraveler4532,
You just made our day by giving us such a nice review! Here at Mr. C we do believe that a 5 star service comes from 5 star employees, and we're glad to know that you received the service and amenities that made for an excellent stay. I will make sure to pass on your commendations to our staff members. In hopes to see you next time you're in the L.A. area, we send you our best wishes!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel. The rooms are a little larger than normal with a dressing table and mirrors outside the bathroom. Doubles as charging point!
The balcony faces out and you can see over most of Hollywood. Ask for a room on the entrance side floor 5 and above to see it.
Almost 5 star service on the reception and concierge did well too. Enjoy the free Bellini on arrival and relax!
The club sandwich beats the burger any day.
Not too sure about the bar area .... Just not the place to chill over a beer so went to more relaxing restaurant area. Ps change the music.
free wifi makes a change too!

Farmers market is a 20 fare.
For first timers the suggested tour was great. 4.5 hrs was just right glad did not go on the longer one!

Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank marcopolo101
Dear marcopolo101,
Thank you for your nice review. We're glad to know you found our hotel services and amenities as an excellent choice for your visit in L.A. We hope that next time you're visiting Southern California you will stay at Mr. C Beverly Hills once again. Best wishes!
ST ALBERT
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Firstly, I noted before we left last week for this hotel, that its ratings versus other Beverly Hills Hotels had dropped, with a number of recent reviews being negative. This Could have been a very good to excellent rating, and this is a very nice property. However, when we arrived our room wasnt ready. No problem. we toured Rodeo Drive for about two hours. Still wasnt ready and the staff seem uncoordinated. Got to our room, and had to phone twice for our luggage. Went to the conceirge for instructions for a city tour. I explained what I wanted but in all fairness he had only been in LA for two days, and we were offered a really expensive tour or a really glam tour. Kinda frustrating. Stopped at the lounge. The waitress didnt know the price of my drink. Finally our experience at the restaurant wasnt great. We were totally ignored, good not great. I talked to one of the bell men, Levi ( who is great by the way) and the manager of the restaurant showed up to our room with desserts, fruit and champagne. A nice touch. The next A.|M a different conceirge showed up and I believe he was much more experienced and was a great help for our tour. the last two items stopped us from going to another hotel, as I was booked for 4 nites. Anyway, the rest of the week went well. The service levels was generally very good with staff very nice and professional. It would appear to me that there are a lot of new staff which really affected the rating. The facility is wonderful, and in a very quiet and safe part of Beverly Hills. A good place but again, attention to detail was lacking. ( Didnt even change the clock in our room to reflect DST!!)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Riderbill
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear Riderbill,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Mr.C Beverly Hills and we appreciate your time in providing us with your feedback. I'm glad to know that our hotel and staff left an overall nice impression on you, and I do apologise for the issues that you've encountered during your visit. We take your comments to heart and rest assured that we will make every effort to correct the mishaps you've encountered. We strive for excellence as each of our staff member takes pride in providing each guest with stellar service. In hopes that you will give us a second chance, we look forward to providing you with the service and experience you deserve.
canada
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We use this site to diligently look for people's honest reviews before booking. So I take it seriously when giving a review....my main criteria are looking for cleanliness, comfort or the bed and service. This hotel met all criteria and more! We thoroughly enjoyed this hotel's quirkiness. The designer did a FABULOUS job creating an old hollywood glamour feel. The service was A +++ we felt like celebrities ourselves. The hotel room was spotless- as in, meet our obsessive standards spotless. The valet was so convenient and quick and courteous. A tip- pay the extra for the better view so that you are facing the front of the hotel. The view is so nice! Hotels don't usually become the highlight of our vacations but this one made such an impression! Well done, Mr C!

Room Tip: We paid extra to get the view at the front of the hotel, but not to have a higher floor. We were on...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pookins122
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Dear pookins122,
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit at Mr.C Beverly Hills and would like to say thank you for your nice comments. I made sure to pass on your commendations to our staff and everyone was excited to know of your feedback.
We're looking forward to welcome you back next time you're in the L.A. area!
Alberta
Reviewed 28 February 2013

A very nice hotel, but seems like they don't watch the details like a 5 star hotel should. When I first checked in there was a big sticky spot on the hardwood floor in my room and the sink had hair in it. The dark blue carpet in the hallway never looked very clean and there was usually a bunch of ugly vacuums piled up in the hallway outside of my room.

All staff were helpful, but the valet guys never gave me the impression that they were happy to be at work.

Was a good stay overall, but just not impressed like I expected to be.

Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Dear WorldTraveller570,

Thank you for your time in providing us with your valuable feedback. I'm glad to hear that your overall stay went well, and I'd like to extend my apologies for the things that didn't meet your expectations. We're striving for stellar service here at Mr. C Beverly Hills and we hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with the service and presentation that will meet your expectations. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you need assistance with your future reservation as I would like to personally make sure that everything is to your satisfaction.

Best wishes, Cristian.
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Central L.A
SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)

Been to Mr. C Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!