“Tiny rooms, overpriced restaurant, no amenities”

Mr. C Beverly Hills
Ranked #43 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
New York City, New York
“Tiny rooms, overpriced restaurant, no amenities”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Let me say that the hotel staff was lovely and that is where the positive remarks end. Mr C is all style and no substance. Everything looks expensive and chic but guest comfort and convenience are low priority. You'll get a Bellini upon arrival and then have to pay through the nose for everything else. The first morning we had a $130 breakfast in the dining room with terrible coffee and cold bagels. The second day we set up to lunch by the pool but after we were served $14 margaritas in 2 oz wine cups, we headed down the blvd to a kosher pizzeria. There was not one salad or sandwich on the poolside menu. Also be aware that none of the double-bed rooms have bathtubs and there is not even a single drawer for your drawers. There are far better hotels in Beverly Hills for the same price or less...stay there!

Room Tip: You need a high floor not facing Pico
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank AbbyN104

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I had a business/vacation trip to LA and wanted to find a place to do biz in the beginning of the week and have my wife visit for the weekend. Mr. C fit the bill perfectly. The check in was amazing and easy. Their polite men in black whisk you in and give you a free cocktail and nuts at the bar. Then you are checked in from the bar. Great experience after a long flight. I entertained clients both at the bar and the restaurant and again impeccable service and one of the best meals I can remember. My wife and I ate there the next night and again were blown away by the amazing food and service.
Brandon and all of the valet staff were attentive and always greeted you with a water and a smile. I stayed for 5 nights and did not want to leave. This is not an inexpensive place to stay, but the service and incredible staff make you feel like you are a welcome guest in their home. Everyone greets you by name and are never pretentious. I travel to LA four times a year and will never stay anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
Dear Scott W,
We're excited to know that you had a fantastic visit and stay at Mr.C. I will make sure to pass your commendations to Brandon and the rest of our team. We're looking forward to welcome you back next timie you're in the L.A. area.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 31 March 2013

My husband and I stayed at Mr C this past week and it really was top notch, but two things were missing that would have made it an incredible stay.
There was no coffee shop within walking distance so it would be nice to have a complimentary coffee bar each morning. Instead I had to pay $7.39 for a coldish, small, and not so tasty cup of coffee. It would just be a small thing that would make a lot of difference.
Secondly the pool was unavailable to us and they had the date wrong of when it would be ready so we got all ready to head to the pool and it wasn't ready. They had set up reciprocity at the Intercontinental, but when we got there no one had a clue what we were talking about and once they did figure it out we had to get a spa attendant to come let us back in the pool if we had left to use the bathroom. It was a bit messy and not convenient and for two people coming from cold Minne'snow'ta we were excited about that pool!! Also we should have been notified about the pool right away when we arrived, it was a buzzkill to find out roaming around the hotel in our swimsuits:(
This is a great hotel, great location, but a few things updated and it would be perfect.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alexis G
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Dear Alexis G, Thank you for your feedback! I'm excited to hear that you found Mr C. Beverly Hills as a top notch option for your stay in Beverly Hills. In regards to a coffee shop around the hotel, there is a great local coffee shop, popular in L.A. just a block away from the hotel. I'm not sure how we missed telling you about it. Also, we do serve complimentary coffee in the lobby each day until 7am. My apologies about the swimming pool being closed during your visit and the inconvenience of having to go to our neighbour hotel. We hope that on your next visit we will have all the amenities and services you expect to make for an excellent stay.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 29 March 2013

A friend and I travel to the USA regularly for holidays. A month long trip was planned for February/March 2013 with the last 2 days (23 & 24 March) to be spent in LA before flying home. In January 2013 I made a booking for a double/double room through booking.com which was confirmed on 09/01/13. We arrived at the hotel on 23 March 2013 to be advised there was a problem with the booking and that due to over booking a room with 2 double beds was not available. We were advised however we would be upgraded to a corner suite with one king bed. We advised this was unacceptable because as friends were not going to share a bed under any circumstances. It was later arranged to have a single rollaway bed delivered to the room. Management appeared to be oblivious to the fact this was unacceptable. We were advised there would be a double/double the following day after 5pm which was also inconvenient as we would have had to pack up again and move late in the day. I complained again the following morning and the alleged upgrade was mentioned, it appeared to be lost on management that it wasn't an upgrade when one is sleeping on a single rollaway bed at the edge of a room. Ultimately $100.00 was deducted from the total bill which didn't cover taxes and checkout was extended by 4 hours. If you want a double/double room DO NOT book this hotel. I note a previous reviewer who experienced the same problem so it's obviously not an isolated incident. I emailed Booking.com as well and of course they denied all responsibilty.

Room Tip: If you want a double/double roomfind another property.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rosemary W
Dear Rosemary W, We appreciate your time in letting us know of your experience at Mr.C. We truly apologise for not being able to provide you with the room type you've requested due to unforseen events that led to this situation. It is our everyday goal to ensure that each of our guest has a fantastic experience. Our management team tried to compensate for the inconvenience caused by providing a suite which can accomodate a rollaway bed, providing credit towards your stay, setting up a room move for the next day along with extending a complementary late check out. We do understand that we didnt meet your needs and we hope that next time you're in L.A. you will contact me personally as I wish to ensure that your visit will exceed your expectations.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 March 2013

As you may have determined from my reviews, I travel a lot. About 30% of the time on business. I liked my stay, for leisure by the way, at Mr. C's. The pool isn't finished nor is the spa (and that's why it only get's a 4-star rating) but the room was terrific. Service was great. The bed was a bit soft for me but one can order a bed board. Towels were soft. Nice get away for me in Los Angeles.

Room Tip: Don't spend the extra money for the Beverly Hills view. Who cares? All you see is buildings on...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear TankPolank, Thank you for your nice review! We're thrilled to know that your stay at Mr.C Beverly Hills was wonderful and we're looking forward to welcome you back next time you need to get away from your daily business schedule. The SPA indeed is not open yet, but I'm glad to inform you that it will open at the end of April. Our swimming pool, known as the Yacht Club is open and we hope you'll be able to enoy it on your next stay.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I visited the hotel for business with a colleague mid-March. The hotel was beautiful, and the decor lovely. Great location also. Major issue: phoned in advance (a month in advance) to book a room with two double beds - the person I spoke to left a note on the account. Despite this, when I checked in, there was only a room with a double bed waiting for us. We had to have a roll-in bed added. There was nothing offered to us to compensate for this, despite our having (politely) complained. With so many hotels to choose from in the area, I would not stay at this hotel again unless given a complimentary night's stay - a hotel that charges this much should be able to accommodate so simple a request. Customer service is everything for me, and in this area, I found the hotel lacking.

Room Tip: Make sure you speak to more than one person and confirm their name / employee number when making spe...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Angeliina
Dear Angeliina, Thank you for your time in providing us with your fedback. While we're excited to hear that you've enjoyed the beauty of our hotel, we're disheartened to know that we weren't able to accomodate your request. Providing excellent customer service is at the heart of each of our staff member, and we're sorry if you feel your concern wasn't addressed properly. I recall that you have placed a request for a room with two beds, and a notation was made on your reservation; however knowing that this accomodation was not available we tried our best to facilitate your stay with us. We hope that you will give us a second chance in the future to provide you with the service and accomodations that will exceed your expectation.
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I stayed at Mr. C Beverly Hills for my birthday with my husband. It was such an amazing stay. I loved the retro glam feel of te hotel. The rooms were absolutely stunning and beautiful. I loved the view. The service was great! Concierge did a great job in informing me about the area! The valet service was absolutelt stellar! They really know how to take care of a guest! Brandon and James were especially helpful and made sure we had a five star stay! I can't say enough about this hotel! I will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank worldtraveler4532
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Dear worldtraveler4532,
You just made our day by giving us such a nice review! Here at Mr. C we do believe that a 5 star service comes from 5 star employees, and we're glad to know that you received the service and amenities that made for an excellent stay. I will make sure to pass on your commendations to our staff members. In hopes to see you next time you're in the L.A. area, we send you our best wishes!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
The London West Hollywood
The London West Hollywood
#3 of 19 in West Hollywood
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,621 reviews

Been to Mr. C Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!