“Uber Hollywood Glam”

Ranked #53 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Portland, Oregon
“Uber Hollywood Glam”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Gorgeous, high quality outfitting throughout. Very 1940's Southern California feel in natural stone, woods and shades of pink. Spacious, comfortable room with stunning marble bathroom--I've never had a rain shower head dump so much water on me in so short a time!

Fine service, in an LA sort of casual/non-professional way. Paid a quarter of a thousand on Hotwire and another fifty for taxes. Bellinis at check in is a nice touch, but maybe a little pretentious.

Location is, IMHO, poor. It's a rehabbed Holiday Inn or something like that. Pico is busy and there are strip malls across the street. For me, staying in a nice hotel is also about staying in a nice neighborhood. I wouldn't stay here again.

I give four stars rather than five for two reasons. First, no in-room coffee/tea; it's only available from 6-7 in the lobby and thereafter it's a purchase in the over-priced restaurant. I hiked a block down Pico for my double latte and bran muffin at CBTL.

Second, dinner in the restaurant was expensive and a notch above mediocre. There were glimmers of stardom (the dessert) but the rest was just fine and over-priced for the quality (a common theme, I'm finding, in this part of town). I'm certain that the New York venue would never get away with serving the lukewarm, oily Veal Milanese I was given. I would not eat here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Dear timopdx,
We appreciate your feedback and thank you for giving Mr.C a try. I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed the looks of our hotel and sorry to hear that the location didn't work out for you. I hope you will consider giving us another chance and may I suggest booking a room with a Beverly Hills view. I think you will enjoy it.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Where to start. Check in took forever! Really, forever. They only reason I survived was the complimentary Bellini you get when you come in. My room wasn't ready so I went out shopping and came at the time my room should have been ready. It wasn't. So more waiting. Reception staff are absolutely useless and take ages to complete one task. The rooms are beautiful but the bathrooms way too tiny and teh ameneties are not that nice either. It took me ages to find out how the lights work which I really hate when I'm in a hotel. It should be the easiest thing to figure out. Nobody helped with luggage, no rooming or explenation of outlet opening times etc. I bet the receptionist was a trainee or something. There is so much staff running around the hotel all the time but it seems like nobody really knows what they are doing. Upon check out, my bill was incorrect and top it all off they charged my credit card althouigh I paid cash and left $900 deposit when I checked in. Not going to stay here again unless I have to.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 2 June 2013
Dear HotelsAreMyWorld,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Mr.C. Beverly Hills. I only wish that your experience was a much better one. I was surprised to read the many issues you've encountered which are atypical for our hotel and I'd like to offer my heartfelt apologies for your experience. As we strive for stellar service to each and every one of our guests, I hope you will consider giving us another chance in the future so we can restore your faith in the service that our hotel is truly known for.
Dublin
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Pros:

Nice location in a leafy residential part of Beverly Hills
Beautiful furniture
Very attentive staff
Free bottles of Evian whenever you get your car from the valet
Free wi-fi
Comfortable bed

Cons:

No bathtubs in any of the rooms except the suites. This was a huge con for me, in fact had I known it in advance I never would have booked this hotel.
No blackout curtains - my room was east - facing and from 6:30am onward the room was filled with blinding light even with the curtains closed. I tried to sleep with the pillow on my head. That didn't work. Bring an eye mask.
Valet parking expensive as hell - around $35 a day
Drinks in the bar expensive too and served in the smallest glasses I have ever seen

Bottom line: I go to a hotel for luxury and comfort. I like to take a bath, read a magazine, and then get a really amazing night of sleep. I couldn't do any of the above in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank dgelbard
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Dear dgelbard,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'm truly sorry to hear that your stay with us was not what you've expected. I am however thankful for making a note of our attentive staff as we strive to provide our guests with stellar service. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future, and please don't hesitate to contact me directly as I wish to assist in ensuring your possible stay will restore your expectation in our commitment to provide our guests with a fond experience.
Sydney
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We stayed at Mr C again for a few nights on our way back to Australia from Chicago, and our first visit was not a fluke - this really is a chic, classy and lovely hotel with brilliant staff and a delightful atmosphere. The beds are unbelievably comfortable, we had the best nights sleep of our whole trip at Mr C.

We enjoyed our second stay at Mr C, it is definitely our number one choice in LA. Especially handy for last minute shopping with Rodeo Drive, Beverly Center and The Grove all nearby, perfect for gifts etc.

House car service is awesome, so handy for quick trips to nearby restaurants and the drivers are friendly and professional.

Really cannot fault this hotel, and can't wait to visit again soon.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Fussy123,
It was lovely to read your comments and learn that your return stay at Mr.C was just the way you expected it. We're honored to know that we are your favorite hotel in L.A. and we're looking forward to welcome you back next time you're in the area.
Sydney
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

Our stay at Mr C came at the end of a 4 week trip in the UK and the US. We wanted to book a luxurious hotel to relax at the end of the holiday and Mr C did not disappoint. The staff and service was exemplary and the room was wonderful - I don't think I have ever slept in a more comfortable bed. The location was also convenient for LA, only a 10-15 minute (pleasant) walk to Rodeo Drive and plenty of shopping and dining options. We accidentally left a bag of laundry at the hotel when we left, and the staff were incredibly helpful in a follow up email exchange regarding return of the items.

We would definitely stay again if we were back in LA.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Linnie22,
Thank you for your time to share with us your experience at Mr.C Beverly Hills. We're happy to know that you enjoyed your visit and appreciate your kind remarks. We hope to see you again next time you're in L.A.
New York
Reviewed 9 May 2013

What an experience. All hotels and staff should make you feel the way Mr C does- like you are stepping into your own home away from home. The minute you walk-in you are greeted by extremely polite valet staff and the service becomes more and more personalized throughout your stay. Cosmin at the concierge is just fantastic. His knowledge of new restaurants, clubs, and art openings seem to be unparalleled. He is very profesional as is the entire front desk crew.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank JB B
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Dear JB B, We were excited to read your nice review and made us happy to know you received the treatement you deserve while staying at Mr. C. Cosmin will be delighted to hear your commendations as well as everyone in our team. Thank you for choosing Mr. C Beverly Hills and we hope to welcome you again in the future.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Mr. C is a great place to stay when in Los Angeles. Whether business or leisure travel, this hotel welcomes you with open arms. It is in a great central location. The rooms are beautiful....many with awesome view of the Hollywood hills. The staff provides excellent and friendly service from the moment you arrive offering you a complimentary bellini cocktail. Check in and check out is easy and the staff is very knowledgable in recommending places to see, shop and dine.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for a spectacular view.