“Classy hotel with Excellent Service in Beverly Hills” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mr. C Beverly Hills

Mr. C Beverly Hills
Ranked #38 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Philadelphia, PA
“Classy hotel with Excellent Service in Beverly Hills”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed for two nights at Mr. C and had a very positive experience. The best feature is the service. From the bellhops to the wait staff, everyone was friendly and bent over backwards to take care of us. One time there was a mix up with the House Car and we had to get a cab. When we returned from the nights activities there was an apology letter in our room with some desserts and a large bottle of water. The rooms are nicely decorated and the patio is a nice feature with OK city views. We enjoyed lounging at the pool with the pool beds, which was generally quiet throughout the day. The food and drinks are great though pricey, but I'd assume that's LA. I also had a massage in the Spa which was great and reasonably priced. Overall we enjoyed Mr. C and would consider returning

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JustRelaxMan
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear JustRelaxMan,
Thank you for your review! It made our day to hear that you've enjoyed your stay at Mr. C and we hope that you will stay with us in your future travels to L.A.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Hotel was nice, it should be for the price, but I guess everything is higher in Socal. Pico was definitely noisy, but when the glass doors were shut it did shut out the traffic. Patio was nice to just watch the traffic go by and see downtown LA . Walls were thin, could hear neighbors shower, flush toilets etc.

Room Tip: Try to get a pool view. Pico rooms are noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kilimanjaro1
Dear Kilimanjaro1,
Thank you for your feedback! I'm happy to hear that your overall stay went well, and we hope that you will stay with us again in the future.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed for two nights with a friend, and overall our experience was pretty good. The room was very comfortable and attractively decorated, and the location was super-convenient for us too, since we were spending a lot of time in Beverly Hills and West Hollywood. We wanted to try the car service but weren't sure if it was still being offered--I discovered after we checked out that it was. Other reviewers have mentioned noise problems, but we didn't really notice any. The minibar and room service prices were kind of ridiculous, but I guess that's to be expected. There weren't any real downsides to our stay, and I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank bonnie_521
Dear bonnie_521,
Thank you for your time in sharing your feedback with us. Glad to hear that you've enjoyed your stay at Mr. C and we're looking forward to welcome you back!
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

Mr C is a typical LA higher end hotel that unfortunately doesn't live up to expectations.
- paper thin walls
- no outlets near the bed for phones or other devices
- can hear outside traffic at 11:15am
- everything is well used and needs either better cleaning or refresh
- patio lights shut off automatically at 11:30, so if you need to go to bed unusually early forget having complete darkness
- sink was clogged on arrival!

The hotel staff is otherwise excellent all around and pleasure to deal with.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank staying_zen
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear Staying_zen,
We appreciate your feedback and I'm happy to hear that you found our staff to be excellent. We will address your areas of concern, and I apologize for the inconvenience you've encountered during your visit. We hope to welcome you again for a better stay
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Stayed here with my wife and 2 year old for two nights. First night we had a room facing Pico Blvd. First thing I noticed when I got to the room was that it was really noisy from the street noise. I asked to change rooms, but front desk said they were sold out that night and that they couldn't give us a different room. That night my 2 year old woke up from her sleep about a dozen times and my wife and I didn't get any sleep (and I'm not a light sleeper). In my decade + of travelling around the world I have not slept in a more noisy room. Tired and pissed off about the situation, the next morning I asked nicely to move rooms to the other side of the hotel. The front desk unapologetically informed me that moving to the "other" side was considered an upgrade and we'd have to pay an upgrade fee of $50 / night. We were floored - really? So if we wanted a peaceful night's sleep, it would be an upgrade? Needless to say we paid the fee and decided we would not ever stay here again, nor any other LHW hotel. On a side note, the front desk staff were pretty unfriendly and unhelpful, but the rest of the staff (valet, bellboys, etc) were very good.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank outlierJ
Dear outlierJ,
Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for the noise issue you've experienced during your visit. If you consider staying with us in the future, which I hope you will, I would reccomed booking a room with the Beverly Hills view. I was surprised to hear that you found our staff to be unfriendly. I would gladly discuss with you any details that would help me understand better your concern.
USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Stayed here for a one night stay at the studio queen. The room was nicely decorated, and clean. I was expecting more amenities for the price but overall was pleased with the room.

A few things in the service were not right. When we asked for dinning utensils to the room we were given plastic forks and knives!!!

The spa was small but nice and clean. However massage was terrible! We asked for a deep tissue and it felt like a Swedish massage. Don't recommend unless going for an oil rub.

Overall we has a nice stay but for the price I would go elsewhere. Unfortunately with the right management this place has good potential.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank kitzizit
Dear kitzizit,
I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed our hotel for the most part. Please accept my apologies for the issues you've encountered. We will make sure to review these areas as we strive to provide each guest with an excellent stay. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future.
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

The staff at Mr C are for the most part, very friendly and competent. However, the details are wrong for a hotel that has so much character. The room smelled musky and strongly of leather - didn't smell clean. A luxury boutique hotel room should smell clean and fresh and neutral. The wood floors made for a really efficient echo chamber - ensuring that I heard heels click-clacking all night long from the surrounding rooms. My first night I was woken by the dinging of a car door that had been left open - at 3 AM. Finally, my worst review is reserved for the restaurant. I love Cipriani's in London because they execute food brilliantly from wonderful ingredients. The two meals I had in the hotel both fell way short of my previous Cipriani experiences. The toast was awful at both meals. They cut the crusts off (weird if one isn't a child to have that done) and the bread tasted like soggy styrofoam because it was neither crusty nor chewy. At least if they had used a toast rack, the toast would have remained crusty. The eggs were the worst - they were supposed to be soft boiled but were so hard boiled they were chalky. Then they forgot my napkin so I had to make do with tissues in my room because I didn't want to be even further delayed than the delay I'd already experienced. This is a hotel where they have the veneer and look right but got wrong the underlying details that make a proper, good boutique hotel. They need an operational review top to bottom. Also, no sustainability initiatives at all - they even threw out my perfectly reusable shower cap and made no attempt to manage towel or sheet use. Good toiletries - high quality, fresh smelling and neutral. I might stay there again but won't eat there again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank TallSuzy
Dear TallSuzy,
Thank you kindly for your time in sharing your feedback with us. While I'm glad to hear that you;ve enjoyed your interaction with our associates, I'm truly sorry to hear of the issues you've encountered and rest assured that we're addressing each area of your concern. In hopes that you will stay with us in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me personally as I would like to ensure a perfect stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Central L.A
SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)

Been to Mr. C Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!