“Very nice and fancy!”

Ranked #41 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Vienna, Austria
“Very nice and fancy!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My parents, my 12-year-old little sister and I stayed here for two nights and were very happy with our choice. When we arrived we were welcomed by a young gentleman who opened the door to our car, arranged our luggage to be brought inside and offered us a seat and a welcome drink (bellini) in the lobby. We only had to wait 5 minutes maximum until we were given our room cards. We had two rooms, both facing the hills of Beverly Hills with all its luxurious villas. The rooms were beautiful, very modern, fancy bathroom and a wonderful balcony with a great view!

About the pool area there is nothing to complain about either.
One thing, that we enjoyed the most, was the house car (a BMW 750 as far as I can remember) and its driver. He took us everywhere we wanted within three miles and was almost always available when needed.
Also, the hotels location close to rodeo drive is a big advantage!

All in all, we enjoyed our stay here very much - perfect location for good food and shopping!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CarolineIsabelleP
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear CarolineFlavio,
Thank you for your rating. We hope to welcome you in back on your future visits.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
SoCal
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We booked this hotel through hotwire, not having ever heard of it before.

We found that everything was stellar--the room was clean and the bed was sumptuous. We particularly enjoyed breakfast on the patio and a long soak in the bathtub.

I will definitely book this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jana R,
Great to hear of your experience while at Mr. C. Thank you for your review!
North Yorks
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We reserved a 4 night stay at Mr C's as the highlight and 'special treat' of our family (2 adults, 1 teenager and a child) holiday to California. With the notable exception of the valet staff - who were all superb - our experience was not a pleasant one. It was by far the most expensive hotel and - by a country mile - by far the worst.
Building works in the grounds start before 8 and measured 75db consistently on my iPhone. On no occasion did we receive any apology or acknowledgement from the management. Noisy guests also kept us awake until 4am on our first night and management refused our request for a room move claiming that they were fully booked.

We found - with the exception of the aforementioned valet staff - an air of pretentiousness which was most uncomfortable. As noted in previous reviews, the hotel appears to favour local guests. My rental car clearly didn't 'cut the mustard' in the parking stakes either and was quickly whisked off before it blocked the view of the Ferrari. Perhaps if I'd brought my own car from home we might have been treated differently?

The beds in the room were comfortable but small. There's no way that the room was a family room really with only a single wardrobe and very little drawer space. We didn't bother unpacking as a result.

We did order room service on our first night. It was just okay and overpriced with the "large carafe" of house red wine being a small jug which barely filled two glasses at $42++.

So, all in all, a great hotel if you live in Beverly Hills and fancy Sunday lunch with friends. For the rest of us, you can enjoy a much better - and quieter - experience elsewhere for less money and judgement. We were all glad to leave which probably sums our experience up.

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank R8SKM
Dear R8SKM,
We appreciate your time in reviewing your stay at Mr. C. I am disheartened to hear of your disappointing experience as this is far from what we're striving to provide our guests with. We appreciate your positive feedback and we hope that you will give us another try in the future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Mr. C on the last stop of our honeymoon and it was definitely the best hotel of our trip.

On arrival in our car, we were welcomed by 4 valets and the valet manager. Our keys were taken from us and our luggage was unloaded as we were escorted straight to the bar for a complimentary cocktail. We were then welcomed by the duty manager who checked us in while we drank our cocktail and handed over the key card. On entering our room our luggage was carefully laid out and we were ready to go. Absolutely seamless. Other hotels should take note.

We had a premium standard room which was well appointed, well decorated and very comfortable. The rooms have everything you need... A well stocked mini bar, a spacious balcony and other little touches like shoe bags, shoe horns, umbrellas, premium robes, slippers, and a fine selection of snacks.

The car valet service was excellent. Your car was ready for you in seconds and the staff were efficient and polite, even making sure the roof was down before they handed over the keys!

Other areas of service were also excellent. I left my room with my ice bucket on a mission to find the ice machine and I was immediately confronted by a member of staff who assured me that 2 floors was far too far to go on my own and insisted that they would go and get the ice for me. I drank all the beer in my mini bar and with one call a chap was up to re stock it in minutes. Later I treated myself to a shoe shine which was a reasonable $10 and left my boots absolutely gleaming.

I cannot say enough about this hotel. By far one of the best hotels I have stayed in.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Simon P,
What a lovely review! We're excited to hear that you've experienced a "perfect service and comfort" while at Mr.C; this is our goal for every guest. We hope to see you in the future.
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Where should I start. I booked the hotel using a travel agent that requested a twin beds ( two beds) for 10 nights. I arrive to the hotel coming from half way across the world to find that the room has king size bed and that it was a request not a guarantee to get a twin beds. I stayed in the SLS Beverly Hills, Hilton Beverly Hills and Hyatt Century hotel and I never heard of a request not guaranteed. They wanted us to pay for another room in order to guarantee two beds or get an extra bed which is horrible for the amount I paid for this tiny room (above $300 a night). We had no choice but to settle for an extra bed, since we didn't have extra money to get another room. The door for the room is disgusting (see the pic) painted poorly and dirty. When we entered the room there was a horrible smell...look at the table I told them to remove it cause it was all dirty (pics attached) and the room pictures look at the dirty old furniture. There is construction going on outside near the room (See the picture). God I hope the construction does not wake me up in the morning. I planed for a relaxing vacation not all this.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank irshoud
Dear irshoud,
Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding regarding your reservation. We do our very best to accommodate our guests's requests (in this case for a double room) however requests are honored upon availability. I'm glad that we were able to provide a room move into a double during your stay and hope that you will stay at Mr. C in the future for a better experience.
western qld
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We arrived very early in the morning feeling very jaded and very jet lagged to a very warm reception and very helpful staff. We managed to check into a beautiful room at 9am and were so grateful for the hotel staff efforts. All staff have been exceedingly friendly and go the extra mile to look after us. Recommend this hotel very highly.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on a higher floor and this request was granted together with a request for a ver...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear CathyC46,
Lovely to hear of the "excellent service" you've rightfully received during your stay at Mr.C. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to L.A.
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The good. Very clean. Concierge Solomon is top notch in every way, very much a 5 star level of service. Staff is all friendly though many are quite young and undertrained, they all try. Room is attractive. Location is extremely convenient to all of the upscale restaurants and shopping. Valets are on the ball with the doors, helping with luggage and so on.

The bad. Very tiny room. There was no place to put clothes in drawers and only a tiny closet so we had to dig through our suitcases and line clothing up in piles. We were told in order to get a place to put our clothing away we needed to upgrade all the way to a suite. Bathroom fixtures needed some work (loose handle, slow drain). Traffic noise is very loud on the 4th floor. View was terrible (CVS and a seedy bus stop) They keep bright halogen lights on the room balcony at night and you can't turn them off until they go out by themselves at 11. Turndown service = they make up the bed, not 5 star turn down by any means. Dining was very mediocre. There was a very strange bad smell like vomit and chemicals in the elevator that lingered for both days we were there.

We came to the hotel for a romantic getaway and the room was not conducive to romance even in the least. However, I will say if I come to LA on business, I would absolutely stay there. It is a good solid 3 star hotel and above average for a single traveler on a short trip who wants to be pampered a little but doesn't need the full services of a real boutique hotel. But I see it offered as a 4 or 5 star luxury hotel and it isn't close.

Room Tip: Choose higher floor levels to avoid loud traffic and depressing view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CBB907
Dear CBB907,
We appreciate your review and thank you for giving Mr. C a try. While we're grateful to hear that you've enjoyed some parts of your visit with us, I must apologize for the things that didn't go so well. I hope that should you decide to stay with us in the future, you will contact me as I would like to make sure your stay goes as you expect it.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
The London West Hollywood
The London West Hollywood
#3 of 19 in West Hollywood
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,621 reviews

Been to Mr. C Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!