“Never again”

Nite Inn at Universal City
Ranked #143 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We rented the hotel because it was so close to universal studios . The night was very terrible beds were very noisy . The pillows even worse . Hurt your neck.you could even hear people washing there clothes.to top it off my wife forgot her glasses on the bed. I called and told them about them and they did not see anything. And neither did the maid.they were prescription glasses...... Never again!!!!!!!! Had better experience and better service in Mexico

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Jmm619

Reviewed 18 December 2011

Four of us stayed here for 3 nights while attending the 2010 Rose Bowl Game. We had plenty of space in our double-queen room with refrigerator & microwave. It was very clean, freshly painted, clean carpeting, NO BUGS, (we pulled the sheets back & checked), thin towels, new sheets & blankets, comfortable mattresses. We all slept well each night. The continental breakfasts were quite adequate consisting of yogurt, sweet rolls, apples, bananas, oranges & good coffee and we all had our fill. All of the staff was quite helpful in giving us directions and tourist tips. They were friendly to us. My mom says "to have friends you must show yourself friendly". It works both ways. I can hardly believe these negative comments I read. I am not sure what people expected from a NOT 5 star establishment, but perhaps they should have gone across the street to the Hilton and paid 4 or 5 times what these rooms cost. For the price, (and for someone who travels all over the world), this place was very adequate with everything we needed. The best part of all, THE LOCATION, with the subway-transit system only a few blocks across the street which very cheaply took us right to the Rose Bowl stadium. It also connected with a line to get one of us to the LAX airport quickly & cheaply. No traffic snarls! I think we got the last parking spot and it was free, so we were thankful & not complaining! We will be driving a subcompact this year so it should fit ok. Two of us plan to stay here again because our beloved Oregon Ducks are in the 2012 Rose Bowl again! We expect everything to be in order and ready for our visit!

Room Tip: Ask about them! Look at them before you pay. Perhaps there will be a different one that will meet yo...
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank higgyhoward
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Our room was very small and the beds were really uncomfortable and noisy. The people of the hotel were really unfriendly and they sometimes treated you like nothing. The breakfast room was the office of the unfriendly host. For breakfast they only had donuts ( which were dry ) and coffee, which was hot water without any taste.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Dennis L
Reviewed 30 November 2011

The people of the hotel attend to you unwillingly and seem that they were doing a favor.

The room is very small and has a very disagreeable smell.

The following day I went to ask for the receipt and almost it strikes me because they do not have one.

For the breakfast the host was taking the donuts them with the hands.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bonedetuti
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Saw bugs every day we were there. Had to put air purifier in room to help out. Coffee and breakfast was cookies most days. Stale donuts on weekend.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Nan V
Reviewed 27 October 2011

The place appeared to be very clean. Our room appeared to be built from a carport or other part of building that is also the office. Our beds (2 doubles) at first seemed just noisey, but after tossing and turning several times I realized I was sleeping on box springs, not a mattress. The springs were making noise with each movement, we would have gone to office and checked out however it was 11:45PM and we had been up since 3:45AM. Had planned on awakening at 8AM and instead got up and checked out at 7. When turning in key, I spoke with person on duty, he did interrupt his phone call to see what I wanted, but only said he would inform the management and that he was on a personal call, due to his brothers death. Parking is very difficult, very small lot, only compact cars can park and even that was tight. I could write a book about this experience, but am limited.

Room Tip: Do Not Book at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Shirley P
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I stayed at this hotel back in August of 2011. I stayed for a couple of nights. I've been here a couple of times and I do like this motel because of their location. It all depends what you will be doing. I went to Universal Studios in the morning and then City Walk at night. I had no trouble finding my way, It's about a fifteen minute walk and you can take the tramp at the bottom of the hill to Universal Studios. On the second night i went to Hollywood. I got to say once again the location made it a pleasant experience. The subway is across the street from the Universal Studios tramp and it one stop away from Hollywood. Saved on parking and time. The staff is ok. It's a safe family motel. I enjoyed my visit.

Room Tip: I'm not sure how to go about choosing a good room. But i will add this tip. If you traveling b...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
North Hollywood
Colony Inn North Hollywood
Colony Inn North Hollywood
#100 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to Nite Inn at Universal City? Share your experiences!