“My favourite place to stay”

Nite Inn at Universal City
Ranked #137 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Comfortable, clean, affordable, GREAT location, and friendly staff! I love Nite Inn! I love the location of Nite Inn! My friend and I stayed here last summer and the staff made us feel at home and were very accommodating. I just booked to stay here again and look forward to another wonderful time!
Susie

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Susie L
There are newer reviews for Nite Inn at Universal City

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The staff are very friendly and helpful. clean rooms so far so good.beds squeak even when you sit on them. Hope they are better to sleep in.Great location for Universal studios.easy walk to the studios and plenty of places to eat nearby. traffic is busy but that is the location.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Anne N
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay. I will visit again. Friendly and helpful staff they let me check in early and looked after my bags on checkout. Clean rooms and they were cleaned well everyday. The best location in la.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank shanas09
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Man & woman who run the Nite Inn were very kind, bringing clean towels when they didn't need to, and saving some valuables we had forgotten in the room and after a call saving them for us. Everything else was perfect except for broken knobs on the heating /AC unit in the room.That's the only reason I didn't give them a perfect score across the board.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank rockalien
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We didnt even stay here it was so bad! They tried charging us an extra $45 when we went to check in just because we have kids! As if they are liabilities like bringing a pet! Completely unacceptable and totally discriminatory! I absolutely DO NOT recommend this place! The lady also tried pushing the blame onto us by saying we should have said we had kids! Priceline didnt give us the option of putting in that we have kids and we explained that and she still said it was our fault! Horrible service! Not worth the close proximity to Universal Studios! Find a different hotel and get quality!!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank CheshireCatGirl26
Reviewed 15 March 2014

On the outside it looks fairly well kept and it is close to Universal Studios, but once you get inside it is apparent that unfortunately it is another “Middle Eastern" owned and operated property………………………..which means the entire focus is on profit without any investment………………..We had booked online and they couldn’t find our reservation and were rude beyond belief and we had prepaid and therefore we couldn’t cancel and get our money back we would have walked out. From there on out it was horrible but too late to do anything about it and fortunately we did not spend much time in the room. Had booked it for three people, which means two double beds however, there was only two towels. Found hair in the shower and room had not had a good deep cleaning for quite some time along with the furnishings being very worn. Breakfast consisted of coffee and prepackaged muffins…at least a step up from the last Middle Eastern owned place we stayed at , which had instant coffee and a toaster! Would not recommend this property and will not stay there again.

Room Tip: if you stay here take your own sheets and lysol!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank LR56789
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My adult son and I spent three frustrating nights here - 12/30 - 01/1, 2013-2014. The location was verygood for our purposes, but that was all that was pleasant. The room was smelly, dirty (black mold-like stuff on the aluminum window sills, dingy and old,old carpeting, a small clump of hair between the sheets on my bed along with crumbs) and the sheets had several stains, and the baseboards in one of the bedrooms were cracked, chunks missing and broken and the safety latch on the door was an old 'gate latch' type of sliding thing. There was no TV guide listing available channels and I could not find an on-screen guide to help. The office attendant didn't know about TV channels, either. There was no clock radio in the room, so I could not set an alarm for waking up. I went to the office about 9:00 PM and requested, in writing, a 6:15 wake-up call on January 1 in order to get to the Rose Parade. I received the call at 5:15 and called back to find out why and was told 'very sorry' - I lost the paper and remembered that you wanted to get up early'... The marked parking spaces are so narrow that one needs to get out of the car sideways if parked next to another car. Their Continental 'breakfast' starts at 8:00 AM (rolls and a gallon of orange juice and coffee. This is the first motel in my 50 or so years of traveling that has not had a continental breakfast available at 6:00 AM or thereabouts. For travelers who want to get 'on the road', this means no motel breakfast - sad.
No pool or any other amenities at motel, but several restaurants within walking distance.
This was the second worse motel I have ever stayed in (the worst was in a third world country) and I shall never return to it. If you book this motel, be prepared to 'rough it' - it is not up to current American standards, in my opinion. (And bring Lysol or similar germ-killer just in case).

Room Tip: Upper floor corner room would be best - we had considerable noise from room above us (we were on fir...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
North Hollywood
Colony Inn North Hollywood
Colony Inn North Hollywood
#97 of 352 in Los Angeles

Been to Nite Inn at Universal City? Share your experiences!