“Since there isn't a 0, I give them a 1. Stay away!”
Review of El Patio Inn

El Patio Inn
Ranked #259 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Charming exterior, dangerous room, management doesn't care. Manager barley spoke English. Bed crammed into a corner, so if there are 2 in the bed, expect problems escaping. Also expect bottom sheet to come off with the pad and you will wrestle an octopus all night on a smarmy mattress. The shower door did not keep the water inside the mold and mildew infested shower box, so when I stepped out, the entire bathroom was covered in soapy water. Two "towels" mopped most of it up, but turned the floor into a slip & slide. I fell and injured my leg. The cold water in the sink would not turn off, so it's a water waster from a faucet that was installed in the 1960's with mineral deposits all over the handle. We checked out the moment the office opened after not getting much sleep. She didn't care that we had problems, she just wanted to charge me more for staying only one night when we planned to stay for 3. I have stayed at motels that are $33 / night that were perfect. This is a dump. Try Marriott Courtyard Burbank. It's $90 more than this dump, but it's a real hotel.

Room Tip: Don't go there! Room 5 sucks!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Wally T

Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay. The place was not luxurious, but for a semi late booking and for the price, it was money well spent. People need to get off their high horses. Location was perfect. Every thing worked great; AC/Heater, hot water, fridge, etc. The towels are very thin however, but there is a Marshalls in walking distance. my girlfriend and I enjoyed it very much and would go again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eric E
Reviewed 8 November 2013

OMG. I don't know where to start. What a terrible service and smelly rooms. We were going out of town so my husband booked the reservation. When we got there within 1minute of being inside the room I almost passed. The room smelled, carped was dirty, bed looked nasty, UGH.
So within few minutes I approached the front desk manager Anna Garcia who spoke no English. She did not even let me in to the lobby so I had to talk to her from a little whole that was on the door. I asked for money back as I was not going to stay there and how bad the room smelled, she just looked at me and said "there is nothing I can do". I kept telling her the room smells bad and it's not habitable or healthy for me to stay there, she kept saying how she did not care. She was so RUDE I can't believe she's the manager.
Then she started telling me I'm a lier and what was the room booked for. Is she crazy???? Then she said if u have a head ache was is he(my husband) smoking next to me. WHAT????
I mean I travele a lot, I've never seen anything ridiculous like this before not had been aske personal questions. Ugh I was mad of her negligence and service. DO NOT waste your money even if it's less the $100.00. We went to the BLVDHOTEL yes it was $180 but it's service worth it. I was so upset that the clerks at BLVDHOTEL offered me complentary drinks, late checkout and gave me a discount.
Anyhow don't waste ur hard earned money. If you want to save money I get it, don't save it booking this from el patio in.
ugh it was nasty and gross.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank Ayvazyan
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I booked a 2 night stay here to save money during labor day weekend of 2013. I already know it's a motel and didn't expect much. But upon entering the room, we found that the carpet, sheets, and towels were stained. There is no door to the shower, I had to use their fleece throw as a cover for privacy. The towel rack is broken and there was a foul odor in the room.

I called to ask if they found a charger that I left there and a kid picked up the phone and said that I need to call the company but doesn't know what the company's phone number is. Is there really a different company behind this, I thought it's privately owned? He/She had no Idea how to handle this and kept asking me to call back when the manager is back. I was fed up and hung up after 3 tries to locate my charger. How hard can it be to locate a lost/found item?

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank TQH2782
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We feared the worst when we booked the El Patio. We booked late and it was pretty much the only place left in town.
When we arrived, we were actually pleasantly surprised. There are only around 15 rooms, all arranged around the central car park.
It is fairly easy to find, with a large sign on Ventura Boulevard. The access road creeps up on you quite quickly though, so be prepared! (The road is actually just before the sign)
The room itself was in a good state of repair, possibly in need of a lick of paint, but nothing major. There were two double beds, as well as a fridge, microwave and flat screen TV. Despite the window facing directly on to the main road, noise was not a problem.
Bathroom was nice and large, and perfectly functional. Shower always had plenty of hot water.
Wifi is available free of charge and is fairly fast and reliable. We could only pick up the signal close to the front door, but this was not an issue.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TheIntrepidExp
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Oh My where shall I start. I read the reviews before booking and thought it cant possibly be that bad, besides I just needed somewhere close to Universal Studios thinking it was in a short walking distance, although it's NOT. Be prepared to walk about 2 miles for that. The AC barely kept the room cool, and the place was as uncomfortable as can be, not to mention dirty and out dated as hell, dont get me started on the roach stalking me all night. The bath towels were stained, it stunk, no coffee maker. I had to sleep fully clothed afraid of catching something from the bedding as it was stained too. The only good thing about it was it had a fridge, even though it froze my soda pop. The continental breakfast was a JOKE! me and my partner couldn't stop laughing when we realized what they considered continental breakfast. To sum that funny moment for you.... We walked into a small room maybe the size of a small apartment closet. it had a fridge not for people staying there though. It was a cramped corner with a basket of the 99 cent store brand mini cinnamon buns, one coffee pot above the basket which didn't even taste like coffee, and half empty container of warm Sunny D. drink. My advise is spend the extra $30.00 at the next place!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank To D
Reviewed 1 September 2012

This may be the cheapest motel, not worth of your money. If you book online you will be totally surprised to see the rooms. My tavel agent called them suites and is not worth of a avg motel room.
I don't recommend this a family, esp with kids.

• Stayed: August 2012
Hollywood
Saharan Motor Hotel
Saharan Motor Hotel
#196 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to El Patio Inn? Share your experiences!