“Avoid this place” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #268 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Qaninmawuti
“Avoid this place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2008

DO NOT STAY HERE. What a rip-off.
I made a reservation for three night over the phone because the phone rate was $40 LESS than Expedia's.
I secured the first night with my credit card as requested.
When I arrived, they could not find the reservation.
They gave me a room but charged me $12 more than the price I'd been quoted over the phone. The clerk couldn't look me in the eye but told me to talk to the manager the next morning.
He had assured me I had the room for three nights.
The next morning they said they were "full" the next two nights and I had to leave. I was furious.
The manager said I should have paid for the room in advance via credit card for three nights. I said, "Why didn't you tell me that when I made the initial reservation?" She couldn't answer.
The place was shabby anyway - dinky room, hair dryer didn't work, no drinking glass, paper-thin towels, bad lighting, old air conditioning unit up by the ceiling and hard to reach to adjust.
I left. I drove by later and they had the "vacancy" sign out. So much for being "Full."
DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank Qaninmawuti
Mgmt007, General Manager at El Patio Inn, responded to this review, 11 April 2009
The Gentelmen did not want to pay in advance & this property has only 16 rooms and during the busy season we do our best to accomodate everyone, however if a guest does not checkout as scheduled we can not evict them from the room!
That is why reservations are avalable.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
lavernec3
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2008

Check in 06/07/2008 and checked out the same day. I was told my hummer was not park straight enough. When I went to move the truck the manager Anna locked me out of my room #14. I had to call lapd in order to get back in the room to get my belongings and the still charged me $96.90 for the room on my credit card. Anna the manager has 2 dogs who barked the whole time that I was there and I am fight for a refund. Anna the manager ever refuse to give her last name or forward any calls of mine to there corp. office. Do not stay here unless you want to be scammed! This is the worst experience ever! LSC

Stayed June 2008
4 Thank lavernec3
This lady showed up mid day and rented the room & took the key and at 2am her son (underage) and the girfriend show up after the Prom and try to check in, the Manager on duty did not let them in the room and the mother was upset about that.

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Los Banos, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2007

If you are looking for an inexpensive place to sleep a few minutes away from Universal Studios and the Hollywood walk of fame - then this is the place for you. Though be warned, it is nothing more than what I described. The management speaks little to no english. The decor is rather tacky, and their idea of, "premium cable" is the local abc, nbc, and cbs affiliates. Oh and forget about the internet -- they wanted to charge me $10 for a single use of their WiFi !!! Needless to say, I told them where they could stick their ten bucks! I hate ending a review on a negative note. To their credit, the restrooms are a good size, VERY clean, and you cannot beat the location. Like I said, if your looking for an inexpensive place to sleep, shower, and shave, the El Patio Inn is the place for you.

• Liked — loscation
  • Disliked — wifi surcharge
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
14 Thank AnotherERdoc
Mgmt007, Manager at El Patio Inn, responded to this review, 17 April 2009
in response to the customer's review, this is a 16 unit motel that that has a certain ambience of the past as it was built in the early 1950's and owners have remodeled it to it's best condition possible and added various amenities for todays needs and it is economical on the scale and that it is in an expensive area of LA. jeverything is in good condition and functional and it certainly is not a five star hotel!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Central L.A
Tilt Hotel Universal / Hollywood, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
South San Fernando Valley
Holiday Inn Express North Hollywood - Burbank Area

Been to El Patio Inn? Share your experiences!