“Splendid!”

Ranked #97 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
New York, New York
“Splendid!”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This was our third stay at the Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel. We had tried to save money by staying a little further down Wilshire at the Palamor, but a bad experience there bought us back to the Beverly Hills Plaza hotel, worth the extra money. The rooms are very spacious, some suites bigger than others, but all comfortable. There is a lot of space and value in the price. The pool is the centerpiece out in the open. Staff are very friendly and helpful. We are close to family when we stay there. Otherwise you need a taxi or car to get to anything (except a nice walk to Holmby Hills Park).

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from Wilshire
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ocean Ridge, Florida
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Here I am , back in Apartment 407 at the Beverly Hills Plaza, my home away from home. I cannot stress enough, the fact that this is a huge apartment with a full kitchen, dining room, gorgeous living room, huge bedroom, marble bath with jacuzzi bathtub, all gorgeously furnished and appointed, for less than the cost of most hotel ROOMS in the Beverly Hills area. Located on the corner of Wilshire Blvd and Comstock Avenue, the hotel is across the street from the gorgeous park in Holmby Hills where President Reagan used to come and sit every day. I still have fond memories of talking with him, while walking in this beautiful, shady park. Add that to the fact that I am less than 5 ninutes away from Rodeo Drive, 15 minutes to the beach in Santa Monica, and surrounded by rhe best restaurants in the world. Bottom line? NOTHING compares with the Beverly Hills Plaza for comfort, location, space, and especially price!! I will be back in June, and in a two bedroom, two bath apartment, so that my husband can have his own bathroom. Unfortunately, you can't have 2 baths without two bedrooms, so one bedroom goes unused, but for families, what could be be better than that.....I stay here when I am on a business trip, and I stay here for all my pleasure trips. I am here for 12 days this trip and will be here for 10 days next stay. I simply would not stay anywhere else! Love this property.....best staff in the world. Most important tip......go for the one or two bedroom luxury suites, and ask for the South side of the pool, off of Wilshire Blvd where is it quiet and serene.

Room Tip: Top floor is best as this is a property probably built in the sixties and the floors are wood under...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Cleopatra561
poole, england
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We've just got back from staying at the Beverly hills plaza for 11 nights and prior to going I had some reservations about the fact the reviews saying it was two separate hotels joined and the staff attitudes and the such like, but I can honest say that we could not fault it the whole time we were away.

Starting at the beginning when we arrived the staff were very friendly, the doorman/valet helped us unload the bags from our car and explained he would bring them up to our room if we wanted once we had checked in, we agreed to this and as I'll explain later it was worth every penny of the 3-4 dollars we paid him. Upon checking in the staff asked us if we had a car and would we be checking in we explained we would valet if we had to but if not we would park across the street (no problem as it is right opposite the hotel and there is a crossing 50m down from the hotel entrance) They had no problem with this at all.

Now the hotel I believe was two separate buildings at one time, we were staying in the building that was not situated around the swimming pool but around the Jacuzzi. There is a lift to take you to the floor where you cross over from one building to the other but when you get through there is stairs which you may have to carry your luggage up (see why $3-4 is worthwhile now!!)

The rooms are very nice (we had one with a separate lounge) and plenty of space for 2 people, there was a TV in each room and a small fridge/kitchen which came in handy for storing food /drinks. Housekeeping was very friendly and helped us out and came to see if we wanted the beds turned down every night.

Pool area was lovely with plenty of loungers (very comfortable padded sort) and there was a bar/restaurant if you wanted food/drink (it was quite pricey but you are in Beverly Hills)

If you are staying at the hotel you will need a car but then if you are staying in LA for any period of time you will need a car!!!

The only downside is the carts that housekeeping use to move their supplies/towels/etc. can make a lot of noise fairly early as it is concrete floors but there is not a lot they can do about this and I only noticed it a couple of the days we were there.

Having stayed at the Beverly Hilton and the Hyatt at century city before here I can definitely recommend this hotel as it was every bit as good, slightly more personnel and a lot more reasonable than either of the others.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank nick1981
North Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I just stayed at the Beverly Hills Plaza last week. Staff was very friendly and helpful in anything that I needed. The hotel was clean and up to date. The pool was quite relaxing. I was 20 minute drive from the ocean and a 2 minute drive to Rodeo drive. The rates were very good for this hidden gem. My room came with a full size refrigerator, stove and microwave. I would defiantly stay here again. My wife had her hair done in the salon which was very convenient. The beds are top shelf.

Room Tip: rooms not face the street are quiet
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Bruce f
Berkshire
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We stayed here for a week in early February to celebrate my husbands birthday and had a great time. We upgraded the room to a suite which was really nice and spacious with a small kitchenette. The bed was very comfy and big and the bathroom was modern and spotless.

The suites seem to be in a wing to the side which my friend (who lives in LA) descibed as being "just like Melrose Place" which summed it up quite well! There is a side entrance straight out to Wilshire Boulevard from this wing so you dont have to traipse back through the main hotel every time. There is a hot tub (awesome), a koi pond (pretty) and lots of greenery so I really liked this wing. It felt like having your own apartment.

The location was great. LA is not a walking city but you could walk to Century City or Rodeo if you wanted, it's maybe 20 minutes. We parked our car directly opposite the hotel most nights for free (one night it was busy so we parked just around the corner, again for free) and avoiding the $28 nightly valet fee at the hotel. Everything is easy driving from this hotel - Bev Hills, West Hollywood, Santa Monica, shopping etc.

The staff were friendly and polite. We paid for one days worth of wi fi (about $15 I think) and had no problems.

I would stay here again for sure - the rooms were super clean and big, the public areas of the hotel were well kept and cared for and the location was perfect. We didn't use the pool but it looked great. The hot tub we did use and it was excellent.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Perth
Reviewed 9 February 2012

My Family of 4 stayed here in January it was our last stop after a four week stay in the cold climates of London Paris and New York, so not only were we a lot warmer but walking into our apartment was a joy, the kids who had their own apartment next to ours were ecstatic, these apartments our gorgeous and luxurious and soooo reasonably priced! I have recommended them to our friends already. The staff were nice and friendly and greeted us with a smile every day, the pool area is lovely and water is heated too, there is a small bar and restaurant but we
The pool area is lovely and water is heated too, there is a small bar and restaurant that looks cosy, but we preferred the room service so we could enjoy the apartment, the menu is the same. There is also a day spa on the premises but it seemed quite expensive and a hairdresser. The hotel is on Wiltshire Boulevard which is very long, but away from the main centre near Rodeo Drive, we travelled by taxi, it was totally fine and convenient for us.
There is bus stop out the front of the hotel as well if you don't like to travel by taxi, if you like walking there is a great shopping centre called Century City which takes about about 15 mins
by foot. We dined at a fantastic restaurant called Rock Sugar at Century City, you will also find two department stores a grocery store and lots of designer and fashion stores.
We will definitely stay here again if ever we get back to L.A!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Stayed for business for 6 days. Checkin took forever as they were seemingly figuring out where to put me. The hotel has 2 sides - the upscale and the converted apartment building. I was put in the old side, and while it could be considered a "suite hotel", the actual size of the room is pretty standard. They are just narrow and long. The bellman showed me to my room (since there is no elevator on the old side), but did NOT take my bag, which I thought was odd. After climbing many stairs (only option), I settled in to find the only "desk" was taken by a desktop computer which cost $15/day. There wasn’t even a coffee table, so if I wanted to do work, it had to be in my lap. The bathroom was also very small, with very little counter space, and the bathroom amenities are outdated. The mouthwash was nasty. The room had 2 flatscreen TVs (non-HD), but the cable was "being worked on" for a few hours so it was out. The kitchen consisted of a small sink and basic kitchen items. Cheap countertops and cabinets.

After 3 nights of poor sleep from the sun shining in (no blackout shade and the shade did not cover the whole window) and the pounding from upstairs, I switched to a top floor room. Again no help with my luggage even though the stairs were the only option. Cable went out 2 more times. It seemed like they were covering up problems/mistakes, not fixing them.

Another HUGE disappointment was the internet. For $15 for 24 hours, you get slow service on ONE device. I had 2 computers for work, so I had to pay $30 per day. And if I wanted to have my phone connect, it would have been another $15. Really? And you have to call the front desk to get a code to log in. Seems very outdated and cheap. Didn’t even work properly all the time.

Housekeeping was fine, the morning newspaper was nice, but no breakfast, and staff seemed burdened when I had a question/issue.

In short, there are 2 sides to the hotel: nice and cheap. The lobby is nice, but the property is not well maintained. No desk to do work in the rooms. Card reader to get in the more convenient way did not work. Fitness center was about 20 years out of date. Staff was not so good. Walls/roof are very thin. Valet costs $28 per day when you can park across the street for free. Internet is $15/day for one device (no disconnecting/connecting to new device). Not really walking distance to anything special.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Beverly Hills
The Beverly Hilton
The Beverly Hilton
#7 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!