“Always the best! Home away from home!”

Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel
Ranked #109 of 358 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Once again, I just spent a marvelous week in a gorgeous, huge one bedroom apartment at the Beverly Hills Plaza. As always, everything was perfect, from the wonderful front desk staff, Valera, room service, maid service, to the secure parking and perfect location. I was in suite 405 at the BACK of the hotel. This is important because it was very quiet, and I am easily awakened. Taking one of the one bedroom luxury suites over the smaller suites in the west section of the hotel is worth the extra money. They are HUGE, beautifully decorated, and SO CLEAN. I will always return to this hotel. Nothing else can compare. This is real luxury for less than the price of a tiny room at any other hotel nearby.

Room Tip: Go for the luxury suites in the main hotel, on the south end and away from Wilshire Blvd.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 February 2013

We stayed in a apartment suite here and were really impressed with the incredible service. The staff couldn't have been friendlier and the price was quite a bargain.
The ability to wash our clothes in the laundry was incredibly helpful and the bed was super comfortable!
The hotel is in a gorgeous part of Beverley Hills, however, not super close to main attractions. We had hired a car, so it was fairly accessible for us. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank BecM_11
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I stayed at the Beverly Hills Plaza because my regular stay hotel was full, it seemed like a nice hotel on line. I had a room on the second floor over away from the center courtyard and the room was alright, set up like an apartment with segregated rooms within the room, kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom.... but the rooms are all very small and it makes it feel like you are renting someone's apartment. I like a flow through of everything where I can see it, and this is not it. The outside noise was very annoying, children running up and down the outside areas and either the room next door or maybe above me until almost 9 at night thumping around and yelling, not at all a quiet place. Its also right on Wilshire so the traffic noise was also in the background, but the most annoying thing was the noise of kids running and banging around, so the rooms are not at all sound proof. It was not the kind of hotel I like, and it is probably great for families traveling because of the set up, but that's another reason I wouldn't stay here again. I like a quiet adult oriented place and this is most definitely not it, at least when I stayed. Maybe if there wasn't a family of extremely noisy people this close to me I would have a different impression. They also charge for both parking and internet so take that into account when you book.
Definitely would never stay here again....

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank montecoreOregon
Reviewed 26 January 2013

We stayed at this hotel last weekend and it was really nice overall. For the price, you get access to an elegant outdoor swimming pool and the prettiest hot-tub I even seen. The entry hall is very elegant. There was is a little waterfall with rich vegetation to get to our room. We didn't need to access to our room through the hall, and then walk up and down a lot of stairs, since there is an additional entrance door closer to our room. The service was exceptional. We ordered room service five times and everybody was smiling and very professional. The eggs benedict were to die for. Our room was large, including a bedroom and separate kitchen/living room, although the furniture was very simple.

We asked for a quiet room, as we took this vacation in part to recover from hard weeks of work, and we needed to sleep. The first two nights we slept great. The last night there was a family with a baby near us, and the baby cried a lot that night. We could hear everything and didn't sleep much. Since the hotel did not seem full at all, I don't understand why they needed to put a family with a baby next to our room.

Overall, we had a 5-star experience, until, at the time of getting the bill, we found out that we were charged for the internet every time we connected with a different device from our room. We used internet just for one day, and I did not mind to be charged for it, but I found it very unfair to be charged every time I connected with a different device, and not just once a day for my room. When I explained to the lady at the front desk that their website did not not explain this when I was about to authorize the charge from my computer, they said I was wrong. I wouldn't have mind the extra $10 if they were transparent about it, but since they were not, any other place would have reimbursed it. It felt bad leaving this place feeling so nickled and dimed after such a positive experience. Be careful if you, like us, go to this place with your laptops, iPad and smartphones.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank capthecat
Reviewed 25 December 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful. However, for what the room was, completely overpriced. The bed was one of the most uncomfortable beds I've ever slept in (a top priority for a hotel in my opinion). On top of that, wifi cost $10 more for one night, I find that completely ridiculous. No complimentary anything, very disappointed overall. It is a beautiful hotel, nice pool, and incredible decorations within the hotel. Though, I will not stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Zoe M
Reviewed 24 December 2012

Hello! As my friend has no a potability to use Internet now, I'll write from his name. He was visiting this Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel and was very satisfied. Staff was very pleasant and friendly, room was very tidy with a great view. He was very impressed and satisfied. He wanted to say Thank you to everybody and he hopes he will come again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 November 2012

For our first time in Beverly Hills, I was dissapointed. This hotel certainly is beautiful but the bar and so-called restaurant is tiny, (with a disengaged and inattentive staff). We were with my in laws who have health restrictions and our rooms were up several flights of stairs-the bellman are required to even carry luggage up and down these many levels! It does make it private with lots of little sitting areas and abundant landscaping but it should be stressed that most (if not all) rooms require outdoor access and limited elevator access. The guests must be impressed with themselves because most were rude and pretentious, one little boy even blocket my way through a hallway and stood in front of the ATM while I tried to use it while the front desk clerks and his mother all looked on-I was mortified! Also-this hotel is not convenient to walk to any restaurants we wanted to try. I will definitley stay at one of the many alternatives on my next visit.

Room Tip: Limited elevator access to many rooms-inquire before booking if stairs or outside access bothers you
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
#14 of 358 in Los Angeles
Century Park Hotel
Century Park Hotel
#115 of 358 in Los Angeles

Been to Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!