“hotel in the middle of nowhere”

Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel
Ranked #103 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Stayed here in April 2013 as part of our wedding anniversary. Arrived from Las Vegas in a hire car late in the afternoon which required return prior to us heading to a Lakers game. Staff were helpful at checkin and we were in our room in no time. They do have a hire car but it is $60 each way to the Staples Centre whereas a cab each way is about $60 all up.

The hotel is located in Beverly Hills which is lovely, but is in the middle of nowhere. It is a 15 minute walk to a Westfield Shopping Centre which has various restaurants and shops. There is a grocery store there also. All tourist attractions are about 1 hour away.

The room is nice but outdated. The bathroom is tiny and it is an awkward to use the toilet. The bed is nice but I woke up one morning with a horrible neck ache from the pillows which took a couple of days to get rid of. Kitchenette is handy.

Asked for a wake up call the night before departure as we had an early flight. Luckily I had set my alarm as they forgot to call us.

Biggest drawback was no Wifi. Considering the hotel has nothing around it, Wifi would be advantageous to locate places to eat, etc.

Overall wouldnt stay here again as the price was too high for what it was.

Room Tip: Ask to be around the pool otherwise you're put out the back and feel like you're not even st...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LukeKass H

Reviewed 12 April 2013

I stayed at the Plaza for business and was impressed by the large rooms, complete with kitchenette and lounge, and comfortable beds. The daily service of the rooms was of high quality and the turn down service meant that you come back from dinner to the blinds drawn and chocolates by your bed. Nice touch and certainly something that has long disappeared in the UK! The pool and spa seemed very pleasant with lots of lounges and table settings around the pool on various levels. It made the break out sessions from my meeting very pleasant indeed. The restaurant and bar is a little pokey but the service was fast and efficient. The one detraction, which the hotel can't do much about, is the location, which is relatively isolated. It would be fine if you have a car (and hey, this is the caar capital of the world) but a taxi ride to Santa Monica will set you back $45 or so and Downtown will be around $50-60. Colleagues had worked out how to use what seemed to be an efficient bus network but without even a local store within walking distance, you are forced to use the little lobby shop which is relatively well stocked with essentials but with the usual hotel mark-up.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Nigel W
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I was really impressed by the hotel itself, its beautiful from top to bottom. I was in a king suite with a full size kitchen, dining room and living room. HOWEVER, the bedroom faces Wilshire Blvd and ALL night long, I heard traffic, I felt like I was sleeping on the freeway.

The room service opens a 7am and closes at 9pm. The baked chicken was dry and tasteless. It took about 10 rings for the front desk to finally answer my call in the morning and according to Gordon Ramsey, it should only be 2 rings.

Overall, I would not stay here again and since I travel to LA on a monthly basis for business, I will continue my search for a comfortable hotel, where I can get a good night sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not on Wilshire Blvd.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank KimK729
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed here for one night on our recent coastal California trip...The hotel was a welcome stopover...We didn't want to leave. We stayed in a one bedroom suite, that was enormous!...it included a bedroom, a full sized kitchen, a luxuriously large bath with the best shower ever, a dining room, and a huge living room...my only complaint was the old fashioned drip coffee maker, which didn't really work very well...a Keurig would be much better. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: rooms in the back are quieter
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2013

upon check-in I was fully charged for the whole 6 days which, so I learned afterwards, was then fully charged to my AMEX card.
Upon check-out it turned out I was overcharged.
The manager refused to refund in cash although I explained that I would both receive a poor exchange rate + cover charge from AMEX..

Room Tip: Old building; generally noisy construction; rooms outdated, beds OK. Insist rooms top floor and not...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kroft01
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Once again, I just spent a marvelous week in a gorgeous, huge one bedroom apartment at the Beverly Hills Plaza. As always, everything was perfect, from the wonderful front desk staff, Valera, room service, maid service, to the secure parking and perfect location. I was in suite 405 at the BACK of the hotel. This is important because it was very quiet, and I am easily awakened. Taking one of the one bedroom luxury suites over the smaller suites in the west section of the hotel is worth the extra money. They are HUGE, beautifully decorated, and SO CLEAN. I will always return to this hotel. Nothing else can compare. This is real luxury for less than the price of a tiny room at any other hotel nearby.

Room Tip: Go for the luxury suites in the main hotel, on the south end and away from Wilshire Blvd.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 February 2013

We stayed in a apartment suite here and were really impressed with the incredible service. The staff couldn't have been friendlier and the price was quite a bargain.
The ability to wash our clothes in the laundry was incredibly helpful and the bed was super comfortable!
The hotel is in a gorgeous part of Beverley Hills, however, not super close to main attractions. We had hired a car, so it was fairly accessible for us. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills
Century Park Hotel
Century Park Hotel
#111 of 354 in Los Angeles

Been to Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!