Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel
US$334
US$325
US$273
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
US$239
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$398
  • Breakfast included
US$335
US$309
  • Pool
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$297
  • Beachfront
US$592
US$452
  • Pool
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$695
US$565
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$469
US$411
  • Beachfront
All reviewsbeverly hillswest wingwilshire blvdrodeo driveliving roomfull kitchensmall kitchenettepool arearoom servicethe main hotelbeautiful pooldining tablebeautiful hotelsanta monicaper nightbit datedvalet parking is
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Reserv. pd. ahead. Day before credit c. stolen & had 2 cancel it. At check in clerk wanted a c. c. 4 incidentals & I didn't have 1 & was asked twice how much money did I have in my pocket by front desk Frank? I felt it was rude. Next the reserv. mgr, Sai, stated I needed a c. c. & I explained & was asked the same question about cash. Guests were around & it was embarrassing. Finally I gave $500 & $2,000 the next day. They looked at me like I was nothing. I had requested a quiet room on a high floor because I was starting a new job. I got to the room 2 c the minibar being rolled out & a room that was noisey. I was so upset that I called my trip planner who spoke w/general mgr., Zair, who next day moved me 2 a new room w/o a minibar. Later I ordered room service & after it arrived was told that I had 2 pay. I stated the hotel had $2500 of my money & was refusing 2 allow the restaurant 2 get paid $19 for a meal! My planner spoke 2 a clerk who stated he couldn't allow the meal 2 be paid 4 & she suggested he call g.m. After waiting she called him back & he stated it was taken care of & the "notes" weren't clear. I was so glad 2 leave this place that my checkout was done by my planner who Reserv. mgr. stated needed a signed letter from me 2 return my cash balance & room inspection 4 any damages. Even after I gave the front desk the note she left instructions 4 me 2 sign it again in front of them. After 3 weeks I was happy to leave & my checkout took over 1 hour because front desk couldn't do the checkout correctly, housekeeping had to inspect my room & they had charged me twice 4 Internet on 1 day. No apologies & very rude service. Also, they wanted a misc. charge slip for $2500 signed instead of a refund slip for $2271.39 after my incidental charges.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank JabaJ
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

I'm very sorry that there were complications with your reservation and your incidentals. As you've probably concluded, we generally hold a Credit Card for incidentals. Most CC companies overnight a new card immediately upon cancellation due to theft, thus it is quite unusual for our guests to request a cash-only incidentals policy.

That said, there is no excuse for anyone on staff to be rude to any of our guests, and I sincerely apologize if that was the case. This situation aside, I hope you were able to enjoy the property.

Take care,
Sai Yang - Director of Sales and Recreation

Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

The hotel is great for the pice but not quite what I would have expected for "the plaza". We upgraded to the king luxury suite by the pool. Rooms were large but old and kind of stuffy. Kitchen was absolutely nothing special but the bathroom and bedroom was very nice with French doors opening to Wilshire. Pool was pretty and quiet. Shampoo products were crap. Ok for one or two nights but wouldn't want to stay longer. We had just came from the Beverly Hilton and would much rather stay there, they welcome u back every time u arrive, they give u complimentary water in your car, service is great and rooms were beautiful and large. Also the plaza offers NO free wifi the Beverly Hilton at least offers it free in the lobby.

• Stayed: July 2013
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our property. I'm happy to hear that you were pleased with the suite and that you were able to relax at the pool!

As for the elements of your stay that were less satisfactory, I certainly apologize, and I encourage you to give us another shot next time you're in the neighborhood. We're consistently making upgrades and continually taking into account the requests and comments of our guests in hopes of improving your overall experience. I hope to have you back again soon — I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Thanks again,
Sai Yang, Director of Sales & Reservations

Reviewed 27 June 2013

As soon as we drove into the Valet...we were greeted with the upmost care and hospitality. The lobby was absolutely stunning....front desk agents were extremely nice and helpful and prompt in assisting us during our check in time. We were early but had to wait a bit for our room to be ready, they were gracious enough to seat us in the lobby while we waited and offered us a drink while we waited. They were kind to inform us that check in time was not until 3 pm but they we going to work diligently on getting our room ready for us as we had a long flight into LA. It didn't take long for us to get our room, we booked a suite by the koi pond it was small but was fine because we loved that it had a kitchenette for us to use and a small frig for us to put our drinks or left overs in since we were hardly going to spend much time in the suite but needed a place to sleep so the small suite worked out great for us.

The decor and the garden side was very peaceful and beautiful....I've read reviews complaining about the stairs but we actually didn't mind the stairs. We also read reviews about how thin the walls were but we actually didn't hear anything from the rooms next to us. The hotel was very clean, we were very happy about the maid service! Everyone was very nice and helpful! The suites by the poolside was very very big and next time we stay here we will spend more money to stay on the suites by the pool area....

We only ate once in the restaurant and their breakfast was superb for hotel dining. We expected the price to be much more expensive but definitely got our money's worth and not as costly as we had anticipated. I had some time to kill so i booked a spa treatment and it was spectacular! I got a special for $99 and it was fabulous!

Best part is that all the rooms have kitchenette or full kitchens, its perfect for families who have little kids and need to store their milk or heat up food for your kids...most hotels in this area does not offer this so being here really helped us out!

Room Tip: Definitely spend the money and book the large suites by the poolside...we booked a non-refundable reservation so we just stayed in the suite we reserved. Next time we will stay by the pool area because these rooms are apartment size suites and maybe even bigger than most apartments!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mivntxhais

First of all, thank you so much for this wonderful review! I'm so glad you had such a lovely stay. It means a great deal to us that you feel relaxed, comfortable, and well looked-after when you're here, and getting this feedback makes all of us really pleased — I'll be sure to share it with the entire team.

I'm glad you were able to make good use of your kitchenette, and that you made it to the spa and the restaurant. Overall, sounds like a great trip! We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family again, and we'd love to set you up in a suite by the pool.

Thanks again!
Sai Yang

Reviewed 13 June 2013

The hotel was randomly selected due to little availability in downtown LA. Location was just outside of downtown BH. Gorgeous lobby and very nice pool area. The suites are huge and quiet but a little dated. Staff was very helpful. Did not try the restaurant/bar but it looked like an nice intimate spot. Due to the dated nature of the rooms it is closer to good vs. very good, but it does not deserve 3 cricles as it far from average. A very pleasant option if you are in the area.

Not to overstate it, but with a remodel to the rooms, this hotel could be be outstanding.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

This is excellent information, and we truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I'd like for you to know that we're constantly working to improve everything about our property, and I encourage you to come see us again to enjoy the positive upgrades. I'm so glad you thought so highly of the lobby, pool, and staff. Next time we'd love to have you dine with us! Thanks again for this review — we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

All the best,
Sai Yang

Reviewed 31 May 2013

Nice hotel located in a residential area of Beverly hills. The hotel is a very nice hotel, the room we had was clean, spacious and comfortable. The pool area is fabulous as you will see from the pictures on the website. The staff were pleasant and courteous. The hotel itself I cant fault in any way and for somebody looking for a quiet retreat I would recommend this hotel.

The room we had was located beside a water feature which was noisy especially at night but a minor issue for us. Also wifi is $10 per day.

For us we wanted to see as much of LA as we could for the 4 days we were there. The hotel is located a long way from everything, even though LA is well spread out we felt we were in the middle of nowhere.

The closest shops/restaurants were a 15 minute walk away in the Westfield Century City Centre. Some nice restaurants and shops in that centre also. Public transport like most of the USA was very good but when on holidays I personally don't want to be on a bus all day everyday. Some bus trips to where we wanted to visit were long trips. Taxis into these locations were expensive also. i.e Santa Monica pier

Where I cant fault the hotel or staff I just feel that the location of this hotel may not be suitable for similar travellers to us. It may be more suitable to business people or people with a hired car.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank holidayjob

We're so grateful that you spent your Honeymoon with us, and I'm so glad that you were happy with your suite, the pool, and the staff. I do apologize if you had any transportation issues getting around LA. As you mentioned, it is a sprawling city, and while we value the quaintness of our location, it's a few minutes' walk from the hustle and bustle. We do think of it as a "retreat," and I'm glad you agree. I hope you'll come back to visit us if you ever return to LA!

All the best,