“Average hotel.”

Ranked #103 of 349 Hotels in Los Angeles
Paphos, Cyprus
“Average hotel.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I chose this hotel, because I wanted a quiet area in Beverly Hills for my honeymoon. The room was nice, with independent living room and kitchenette. The bathroom was good, but not new. I would say that this hotel is overpriced and everything it offers is also expensive. 10 dollars or maybe more for 24h wifi?

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
We want everyone to feel like they got their money's worth when they stay with us, Lenos, so I'm sorry to hear that you weren't as impressed as you could have been. I wish we could've put a better foot forward, so please don't hesitate to call me if you have any questions about why things cost what they do. I'd love a chance to make things a bit clearer.

Sai Yang - Director of Sales and Reservations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Malibu, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is a Donald Sterling hotel and it is managed in "that way"...it was a terrible experience.

Aside from the fact that the furnishings in the rooms are extremely outdated, the "full kitchen" as they listed has absolutely no cookware so unless you travel with cookware, the kitchen is useless. The racism is obvious, (not subtle!) and the rooms are overpriced in comparison to much nicer hotels in the actual city of Beverly Hills, which this hotel is not. It is actually in Westwood.

I do not recommend at all!!! Definitely not worth the money at all!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel if you desire quality.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank summertravel2014
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2014
Thank you for your input. This property is very diverse with employees of various ethnicities from all different backgrounds. All kitchens are equipped with cookware. We are always looking to improve in all aspects of operating this hotel and appreciate your feedback.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I found this hotel to be quite charming. There was a photoshoot of a Pomeranian dog going on in the foyer… I guess you know you have made it when your dog has it’s very own stylist??! The staff were lovely and the room rate value for money. I didn’t find the décor outdated, I think it is well represented in the photos. The room was huge and had everything we required.
I think it is important to note the incidentals, it is $3000 incidental rate which will be held on your debit/travel card (or for cash), or $80 if you have a credit card. If you stay here, take your credit card! Don’t get caught out.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks so much for this lovely recommendation, and I hope we can welcome you again someday soon. We look forward to it, and I'm positive we'll give you another relaxing, memorable experience.

Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Do you love the golden days of Hollywood? Then this place is for you!.. because it hasn't been updated since! We stayed here 2 nights while in town for a wedding and I hated every second staying here. The place is beautiful from the outside and the lobby has some updated, stunning touches, but that is where the luxury ends. This is certainly not a Holiday Inn, so I'm not sure why the staff is trained like it is... but once you get to your room, the place is a dump. The classic glamour of the lobby stays in the lobby. The rooms haven't been updated since this place was built. The furniture is old and while once stylish, it is now beat-up and so dated. There was a fax machine in our room!! LOL. The hair dryer circa 1970 was completely ineffective. I was in a rush since I was going to a wedding in an hour so I called the front desk to see if they could bring me another. What I got was a lecture by the staff on how they COULD bring me one, but it would create a hold on my room and they would issue no room service or other amenities during the hold. After the lecture they asked if I still wanted the hair dryer. Seriously? The cheap conair that they brought up was hardly worth the lecture. I also thought it was ridiculous that there was no latch or chain on the door. I was watching TV and didn't have the Privacy light on and maid service just walked right in without knocking. Didn't realize I needed to have the light on 24/7? I had just checked in, wasn't my room already clean?? I also had about an hour to relax from the time I checked in after a long day of travelling until my dinner reservations and was hoping to lay down for a bit. Nope. Tree trimmers the entire hour outside of my window. I called the front desk and they just told me that it would be another 30 minutes. Gee, thanks. The location is okay. Walking distance to a really cute cafe called Clementine and it was very easy to get a cab whenever we needed one... but overall I hated the experience and I can't recommend this place.

Update: Sorry, I forgot my favorite part. Wifi is $10 PER device. Seriously. This place is only for your grandparents.

Room Tip: No elevator to a lot of the rooms. If you are mobility impaired, let them know when you book.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank travelcal033
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
As I said on Yelp, I'm very sorry that we weren't able to impress you and win you over. We are working diligently to make updates in all of our suites, and I apologize for any issues you had with noise, the cleaning staff, and the amenities. As for the WiFi charge, many hotels charge for connectivity (SLS Beverly Hills charges $14.95 per 24 hours). Once again, I'm terribly sorry. Thank you for updating your feedback, and perhaps someday we can welcome you again and earn another couple of stars.

All the best,
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

If you plan on staying at this hotel, I hope you like rude, arrogant staff, lots of stairs, and over-priced everything! From the moment we arrived, this shi* show began. First off, they have the audacity to charge $28 for parking!!! Wth?! (There's free parking along the street- best way to go). Then we check in with the rudest woman at the concierge desk. No warmth, friendliness, and clearly no hospitality knowledge at all. That goes to all of the staff at this hotel. If you don't like people, why work in this industry? The stairs are a pain in the butt, too. The rooms are fine I guess; except the overly Febreezed scent that hits you like a train every time you enter the hotel room. Beverly Hills is filled with gorgeous hotels to choose from, so no need to stay at this place. Save yourself and run. Run fast.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank travelgirlll96
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 13 April 2015
Of course it's always difficult to read negative reviews, but this one is especially hard to swallow. I take a great deal of pride in the wonderful, hard-working staff we have here, and I know that everyone has an off day here or there, but it's very hard to imagine that no one treated you with their usual warmth and hospitality. If that's truly the case, I'm sincerely sorry. As for overnight parking, $28 per night for both Valet and self parking is quite generous. If you call around the hotels in this area, prices range from $34 and above & Valet parking has a higher price than self parking. I do hope you'll consider giving us another chance someday so that you can experience what so many of our regular visitors have.

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Nice hotel in Beverly Hills area - close to Universal Studios etc. I was there for business purposes - and hotel chosen by company visited! Well known for foreign celebrities to stay comfortably!
During my stay even an Saudi prince also stayed at the hotel !

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank Trygve Hermod B... T
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thank you for sharing this great review, and for choosing to stay with us. I'm so glad you were comfortable, and I hope we'll have the honor of hosting you again someday!

Many thanks,
australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Front desk arrogant, paid good money for the room and offered nothing, worst place I have ever stayed in for service. Room great size but had to wait in shower five minutes to get hot water! 15 minute walk into Beverly Hills, if you want to stay at a good location stay at four seasons right amongst it. Would not recommend this hotel,! Old and lifeless.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank cocopopsdog
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
I'm sorry you felt this way, and I assure you this is not the impression we leave on most of our guests. If you'd care to share additional details about when you stayed and what issues you encountered with the staff or your room, please feel free to contact me. I hope you'll consider giving us another opportunity to impress you down the road.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
The Beverly Hilton
The Beverly Hilton
#7 of 15 in Beverly Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,424 reviews

Been to Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!