“HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!”

Ranked #106 of 349 Hotels in Los Angeles
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I booked our hotel stay at this fabulous, upscale hotel in the heart of Beverly Hills for our anniversary. We highly recommend it. They had great customer service to ensure your stay is the best. Our room was definitely more than what we had expected, very spacious, cozy, with a lovely indoor pool. If you're ever in LA and looking for a great hotel, this is definitely one to book.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alaze X
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 18 September 2014
Hope you and your husband had a wonderful anniversary, Alaze! I'm glad you could spend it with us. Thank you for your amazing recommendation -- will we see you again the next time you're staying in Beverly Hills?

Warmly,
Sai Yang - Director of Sales and Reservations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with the family for 5 days while in the area. good because had a kitchen, pool, and plenty of space. could have been cleaner and was difficult to get all the cooking basics we needed - e.g. strainer. Complained but little result. Other than that, it was a decent stay and served its purpose. Nice pool area with good drinks.

Stayed August 2013
2 Thank David K
I'm disappointed to hear that you had any trouble whatsoever getting what you needed from our staff, David. There should have been no question about getting you a strainer or anything else promptly. I'll definitely be having a conversation with the team about this. Thanks as well for your feedback about the cleanliness -- we have extremely high sanitation standards so it's important to make sure they're being upheld. I am glad to hear that you got a good night's sleep and enjoyed the pool -- and I know that if you give us another chance the next time you're in town, we can leave you with only good things to say.

All the best,
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed 5 nights in June 2014 and was not disappointed at all. Infact for the first 3 nights, we had little to complaint and were rather impressed by the hotel. Our room was in a good condition and was spacious enough for us to unwind. Front Desk was accomodating and accepted our inter connecting room request which didn't happen anywhere else on the trip. Room service shuts at 10 pm but there are lots of delivery options and we used Berri's which was excellent.

The major negative was that our room had bed bugs (discovered on 3rd night) which dampened the entire stay and for some reason the front desk didn't seem to be to bothered by this. Since we complained after 10 pm next day (4th night) and the house keeping is outsourced and not on site, we were literally given fresh linen and asked to make our own beds! When this didn't resolve the problem we had to change rooms at 5:30 am and the entire staff seemed to think they were doing us a huge favor.

We ate only our breakfast from the restaurant which was good so don't have anything to complaint on that front.

Overall, this is a good property to visit LA if you have transportation as there is nothing in its vicinity but everything is a short drive. The decor and layout is upscale and with a little refurbishing in the rooms they can resolve the issues that seem to be common with most stays.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Rohan B
Longmont, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I have to admit to being suckered into booking this after getting a very low listed rate on a major booking site (not this one) and the pictures do look fabulous - because they're mostly of the lobby and pool area. The other reviews touch on the issues of the outdatedness of the rooms, but I do feel it was very clean and the rooms very spacious. If I were going to stay for a longer length of time or for business in the area, I think this would be a decent choice. Because it is not near a major commercial area, it was also very quiet (we had a room off the street) and the beds are comfortable.

We stayed over a long holiday weekend and wanted to do the major touristy sights along the coast and in Hollywood. For those purposes, it was great - we felt like it was a quick drive (10 - 20 min) east or west and we could be at Santa Monica, the Getty, the Hollywood Bowl,Chinese theater, etc. There is nothing nearby the hotel itself, it's in a residential section of Brentwood, so either plan to eat breakfast in the hotel or drive a ways for it. Also, other reviews mention the parking charges, but we simply parked our rental car on the opposite side of Wilshire and we never had any problems getting a spot - just don't park in front of the well-marked hydrants.

Like many luxury hotels around the country, the Plaza has bought into the belief that it is somehow luxurious to make your patrons pay daily per device for Wifi, as if we have all suddenly been transported back to the days of dial-up AOL and bandwidth metering. Being a digital native, I don't see internet access as a perk, it is a utility. Asking guests to pay extra is like advertising you have a plumbing system and charging extra for the water. I know this is not how hotels see it, but that doesn't mean I can't complain about it. :/

Overall, I feel like this hotel perfectly mirrors the general aesthetic of Beverly Hills - it's had a little work done, mostly up front where you'll notice it, but underneath, it's a little charmingly saggy, like your grandma.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank poorteach
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
I'm glad you came to stay with us, and also grateful for this feedback. The internet fee is something that other guests have mentioned as well, and it'll be something we'll have to look into in the future. For now, though, I'm glad you enjoyed our homey Beverly Hills charm, and we hope to see you back if you're ever in the area.

Cheers,
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed here in mid-June for 3 nights. This was my first time in the BH area, so I don't know how this compares to other hotels in the area. The hotel is located right along Wilshire, so don't go too fast or you'll pass it. There's no parking lot, simply a veranda for dropping off your car with valet, and it only has room for a few cars, so you'll have to be efficient in getting in/out of your car or you'll cause a backlog (as I did, unintentionally while getting directions on my phone). The valets were friendly and provided some ideas on local places to eat dinner. The front desk staff were also nice. For as expensive as this place is, I cannot believe wifi is not included. The lobby is over-the-top fancy, with this weird gold-plated clock on feet that was rather creepy. The layout of the hotel is quasi-resort like in that there are multiple levels (not floors) distributed around a centrally located waterfall structure. It's not that bad, just not practical. There's an elevator to the 2nd floor, but I had to haul my luggage up 5 half-flights of stairs to get to my room.

The room itself looked somewhat fancy, but as soon as I stepped in, I could tell the building was very very old. The entire floor creaked and was a big distraction. I could also tell that although the floor was covered in carpet, it was very uneven in spots. As mentioned by others, the kitchenette was a little odd. It had a microwave, mini fridge, an a mini oven, sink, and dishes. I didn't see anything to use with the oven, but I did use the fridge, microwave, and the dishes quite a bit. No big complaints there. The bathroom seemed faux fancy with tons of towels, robes, slippers, and soap/shampoo etc. No big complaints there either. The main room of the suite had a large window that faced another building and trees. But there were only sheer drapes, and no blinds on the window! It just seemed odd. The window in the bedroom also had a window that faced another building that seemed to be 10 feet away. It fortunately did have blinds. The bed and pillow comfort level was average.

I'm rating this place average because, in my opinion, for price, I would have expected more. I'm also not a fan of outdated places with creaky floors. If that's your thing, you might like it.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, ask to stay on the same level as an elevator.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
I'm sorry to hear that you felt like you got less than what you paid for. Our building is old, and we like to think that it's history is part of the charm, but I understand if that's not your thing. Regardless, thank you for this wealth of useful feedback. We are always searching for ways to improve and serve our guests better.

Cheers,
Paphos, Cyprus
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I chose this hotel, because I wanted a quiet area in Beverly Hills for my honeymoon. The room was nice, with independent living room and kitchenette. The bathroom was good, but not new. I would say that this hotel is overpriced and everything it offers is also expensive. 10 dollars or maybe more for 24h wifi?

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
We want everyone to feel like they got their money's worth when they stay with us, Lenos, so I'm sorry to hear that you weren't as impressed as you could have been. I wish we could've put a better foot forward, so please don't hesitate to call me if you have any questions about why things cost what they do. I'd love a chance to make things a bit clearer.

Malibu, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is a Donald Sterling hotel and it is managed in "that way"...it was a terrible experience.

Aside from the fact that the furnishings in the rooms are extremely outdated, the "full kitchen" as they listed has absolutely no cookware so unless you travel with cookware, the kitchen is useless. The racism is obvious, (not subtle!) and the rooms are overpriced in comparison to much nicer hotels in the actual city of Beverly Hills, which this hotel is not. It is actually in Westwood.

I do not recommend at all!!! Definitely not worth the money at all!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel if you desire quality.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank summertravel2014
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2014
Thank you for your input. This property is very diverse with employees of various ethnicities from all different backgrounds. All kitchens are equipped with cookware. We are always looking to improve in all aspects of operating this hotel and appreciate your feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
The Beverly Hilton
The Beverly Hilton
#7 of 15 in Beverly Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,424 reviews

Been to Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!