Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$216
  • Pool
Viceroy Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
US$612
US$468
US$437
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$425
US$275
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbeverly hillswest wingwilshire blvdrodeo driveliving roomfull kitchensmall kitchenettepool arearoom servicethe main hotelbeautiful pooldining tablebeautiful hotelsanta monicaper nightbit datedvalet parking is
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 July 2014

When we arrived, the rooms we had booked were not available. Not sure if the hotel or the booking agency screwed up. Ater a manager was summoned, we were upgraded to a spacious suite.

After the initial screw up, staff were friendly and helpful, and the room was great.

The breakfast was good, but this is Beverly Hills, so nothing is cheap ...

Beware of the Business Center .. it requires a credit card to operate, and it is a Mac that emulates a Windows machine ... it couldn't read my USB stick, and messed up the formatting of my print outs ... In the end one of the staff took pity on me and used his personal laptop to get me what I needed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2015

I'm glad you had a good time with us, but I wish we could have knocked it all the way out of the park for you, David. Thanks for letting me know about your frustrations with the computer because now I can work to make sure that future guests don't have to deal with the same difficulty. I hope you'll give us another shot to earn that fifth star the next time you're staying in L.A., because I'm sure we can do it!

Cheers,

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I booked our hotel stay at this fabulous, upscale hotel in the heart of Beverly Hills for our anniversary. We highly recommend it. They had great customer service to ensure your stay is the best. Our room was definitely more than what we had expected, very spacious, cozy, with a lovely indoor pool. If you're ever in LA and looking for a great hotel, this is definitely one to book.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alaze X
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Hope you and your husband had a wonderful anniversary, Alaze! I'm glad you could spend it with us. Thank you for your amazing recommendation -- will we see you again the next time you're staying in Beverly Hills?

Warmly,

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here with the family for 5 days while in the area. good because had a kitchen, pool, and plenty of space. could have been cleaner and was difficult to get all the cooking basics we needed - e.g. strainer. Complained but little result. Other than that, it was a decent stay and served its purpose. Nice pool area with good drinks.

Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank David K

I'm disappointed to hear that you had any trouble whatsoever getting what you needed from our staff, David. There should have been no question about getting you a strainer or anything else promptly. I'll definitely be having a conversation with the team about this. Thanks as well for your feedback about the cleanliness -- we have extremely high sanitation standards so it's important to make sure they're being upheld. I am glad to hear that you got a good night's sleep and enjoyed the pool -- and I know that if you give us another chance the next time you're in town, we can leave you with only good things to say.

All the best,

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed 5 nights in June 2014 and was not disappointed at all. Infact for the first 3 nights, we had little to complaint and were rather impressed by the hotel. Our room was in a good condition and was spacious enough for us to unwind. Front Desk was accomodating and accepted our inter connecting room request which didn't happen anywhere else on the trip. Room service shuts at 10 pm but there are lots of delivery options and we used Berri's which was excellent.

The major negative was that our room had bed bugs (discovered on 3rd night) which dampened the entire stay and for some reason the front desk didn't seem to be to bothered by this. Since we complained after 10 pm next day (4th night) and the house keeping is outsourced and not on site, we were literally given fresh linen and asked to make our own beds! When this didn't resolve the problem we had to change rooms at 5:30 am and the entire staff seemed to think they were doing us a huge favor.

We ate only our breakfast from the restaurant which was good so don't have anything to complaint on that front.

Overall, this is a good property to visit LA if you have transportation as there is nothing in its vicinity but everything is a short drive. The decor and layout is upscale and with a little refurbishing in the rooms they can resolve the issues that seem to be common with most stays.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Rohan B
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I have to admit to being suckered into booking this after getting a very low listed rate on a major booking site (not this one) and the pictures do look fabulous - because they're mostly of the lobby and pool area. The other reviews touch on the issues of the outdatedness of the rooms, but I do feel it was very clean and the rooms very spacious. If I were going to stay for a longer length of time or for business in the area, I think this would be a decent choice. Because it is not near a major commercial area, it was also very quiet (we had a room off the street) and the beds are comfortable.

We stayed over a long holiday weekend and wanted to do the major touristy sights along the coast and in Hollywood. For those purposes, it was great - we felt like it was a quick drive (10 - 20 min) east or west and we could be at Santa Monica, the Getty, the Hollywood Bowl,Chinese theater, etc. There is nothing nearby the hotel itself, it's in a residential section of Brentwood, so either plan to eat breakfast in the hotel or drive a ways for it. Also, other reviews mention the parking charges, but we simply parked our rental car on the opposite side of Wilshire and we never had any problems getting a spot - just don't park in front of the well-marked hydrants.

Like many luxury hotels around the country, the Plaza has bought into the belief that it is somehow luxurious to make your patrons pay daily per device for Wifi, as if we have all suddenly been transported back to the days of dial-up AOL and bandwidth metering. Being a digital native, I don't see internet access as a perk, it is a utility. Asking guests to pay extra is like advertising you have a plumbing system and charging extra for the water. I know this is not how hotels see it, but that doesn't mean I can't complain about it. :/

Overall, I feel like this hotel perfectly mirrors the general aesthetic of Beverly Hills - it's had a little work done, mostly up front where you'll notice it, but underneath, it's a little charmingly saggy, like your grandma.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank poorteach
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

I'm glad you came to stay with us, and also grateful for this feedback. The internet fee is something that other guests have mentioned as well, and it'll be something we'll have to look into in the future. For now, though, I'm glad you enjoyed our homey Beverly Hills charm, and we hope to see you back if you're ever in the area.

Cheers,