“Best hotel we've ever stayed at in L.A.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Elan Hotel
Ranked #5 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia
“Best hotel we've ever stayed at in L.A.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

We have no complaints about this hotel - which is unusual for me. The room was modern and clean, the continental breakfast had a variety of items to choose from, our car was retrieved quickly, everyone was eager to help (even offered assistance when they saw us come back from shopping with an armful of bags), free wifi in the room, a wine and cheese reception everyday that surprised us with the quality of the wine and variety of cheeses, great location - and a room rate that couldn't be beat for given its location and the "newness" of the hotel. We stayed for six nights and booked a package that included free valet parking and a $25 AmEx gift card for each night of our stay. Next time we're in L.A., this is where we'll be staying!

3 Thank pkubacki
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read that the Élan Hotel is the best hotel you have ever stayed at in Los Angeles! Thanks for choosing us for your six night stay. I appreciate you mention of our amenities and the customer service that you experienced during your visit with us as well. The parking package that you selected for your stay with us is very popular. I hope that you were able to take in some shopping at the Beverly Center during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thanks for your review.

Joel Majors

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Hebrew first
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

I initially was not sure about staying here.

It turns out that I really enjoyed my stay. Rooms were nice, clean and comfortable. The small fridge was great to keep drinks & snacks. I initially thought (like many others) that the 5-7 wine/cheese thing was a gimmick, but I had some each evening and enjoyed in. There is a Target & Walgreens at easy walking distance just down the street. There is also a mall close by with a Macy's which I found convenient. If you are really lazy like I was one evening, there is a Taco Bell directly across the street ; it would not be any closer.

The valet service was quick and efficient. A quick call to the front desk a few minutes before I needed the car was sufficient. Wireless internet was free and fast ; I really liked that.

My only real beef is the lack of a gym or even an agreement with a nearby facility where they could have a few memberships that guests can use.

If you are in LA and need to be close to Beverly Hills & Hollywood, this is a very good location (although as with anything in LA, having a rental car is a must in my opinion)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Roombaguy
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Guest,

We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am happy that you enjoyed our amenities as well as our wine and cheese reception. It was nice that you could take in some shopping at Beverly Center during your stay with us as well. I appreciate your mention of the valet parking staff and will pass on your comments for them to read. We agree our location is one that is central to so much of what Los Angeles has to offer. Incidentally, we do have an agreement with a fitness center just two blocks down the street from the Élan Hotel. They offer us daily or weekly passes for a nominal fee and are a good value. Thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Leyland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

We've just returned from a tour of California, the last 2 nights of our trip were spent in the Elan Hotel and we were more than impressed.
The service from the staff at reception and the valet guys was fantastic, they really went the extra mile to ensure we were happy and had all the information/ advise that we needed.
The rooms are compact (as we expect from a hotel in a major city such as LA) but big enough, they're modern, well decorated with free Wi-Fi.
The free wine/ cheese reception in the early evening was a lovely touch. The continental breakfast also hit the mark.
Being from the UK, we aren't used to valet parking, having researched it prior to our stay it seems that $25/ day represents good value from the Elan when compared to the competition. It was really handy being able to use the parking on more than one occasion each day for the same charge.
The location is excellent, there are plenty of shops/ bars/ places to eat on your doorstep with all the other major attractions (& LAX) a short drive away.
I highly recommend the Elan - thanks to all the staff.

2 Thank KlausKlusener
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Guest,

We are happy to read that you chose to stay at the Élan Hotel for the last two nights of your tour of California and that you were more than impressed. I appreciate your mention of the customer service that you received during your visit. The staff enjoys the day to day interaction with guests from around the globe. They will appreciate reading your comments.
I am happy that you were able to attend our morning continental breakfast and evening wine and cheese reception and that you liked our amenities. We do offer 24 hour Valet Parking with as many in and out privileges as one may need. I am glad that you took advantage of it. In addition, our location is one that cannot be beat as we are central to shopping, dining, sightseeing, and nightlife. Thank you so much for recommending the Élan Hotel to your friends and family. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Lexington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed 5 nights and this place is as advertised and rated by others. The staff and service were excellent and the entire stay was completely convenient. Visiting for out-patient procedures at Cedars Sinai and between the daily breakfast and wine/cheese service, I never needed anything. The support staff working both were extremely pleasant and flexible as was the front desk. If I had to come up with one complaint, the mattresses are hard (or at least mine was). This is more a preference as I know some prefer it that way, mine could have used a pillow-top cover or similar to cut the edge a bit.

I would highly recommend this hotel and stay again. Beat all prices of comparable hotels and while Sofitel down the street is more posh, I would take Elan over it any day. (Have stayed at Sofitel in NYC before as a comparison).

Room Tip: I asked for off the main street (Beverly Blvd) and received one pointing the 'Courtyard.' I...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank D S
Glasgow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

I spent 15 nights at this hotel over Xmas & New Year, and wasn't sure what to expect. Previously I have stayed in the Sofitel Hotel, the 'W' & the Redbury, which are all quite big hotels, but I was really pleasantly surprised by this little gem. The room was really small, no place to put my cases but it was clean. Also I had a room at the back & had no sunlight/ natural light during day so stayed out of room as much as I could as it seemed really dark & i love natural light. The breakfast is a nice touch, as was the wine & cheese at night.
The hotel was quite noisy, but I guess that is to be expected. The staff are very nice, & the valet guys were stars!!! I don't drive, but they were always on hand to open doors etc for you. And always done with a smile. The location is fabulous. I had a great time discovering what was around, & you don't need to spend fortunes at the Beverley Centre as there are loads of fab shops in surrounding area. I found a great juice bar a 5 min walk away down Orlando, opposite way from Beverley, a great Dry Bar (blow dry salon) & other great little places. You have a CVS across the road also & if you walk along Beverley boulevard towards Robertson there is an absolutely fabulous place 'the Urth cafe' that sells the most wonderful meals, sandwiches, soups etc, & all natural & organic, and not expensive either. I would defiantly stay at the Élan again, just hope the TV's work a bit quicker, but good choice of channels. Shower left a little to be desired, I'm 5,8" & couldn't adjust shower, so had to bend a little, & bath really low with only shower curtain, but minor complaint. All in all, good value for money.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Judy A
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Guest,

We are happy that you choose to stay at the Élan Hotel for your fifteen night stay over the Christmas and New Year’s holidays! We do have several different sizes of rooms to choose from including an Executive King Room and a Jr. Suite and would have been happy to upgrade you had we known you needed more space. In addition, our rooms on the south side of the building offer plenty of sunlight for those who desire more natural lighting. I appreciate your mention of the amenities that we offer and I am happy that your enjoyed our morning breakfast and evening wine and cheese reception. I’m glad that you were able to do some shopping during the holidays and found our location to be central to your needs.
Your review has been forwarded to the entire staff at the Élan for them to read. Thanks for mentioning them! We appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Cape Elizabeth, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

The Elan is the perfect hotel. The rooms are nicely appointed, the atmosphere calm, great location, wonderful complimentary wine and cheese each day, a full continental breakfast. We loved our wine server Aironne (surely have spelled her name incorrectly). Staff is helpful and inconspicuous. We intend to stay here whenever we are in LA again.

Room Tip: There isn't a restaurant but it is close to some good ones...Bao a dumpling place is a good choi...
Green Features: Loved that they recycle their used soap to improvised third work countries.
2 Thank Lilybay
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your mention of our rooms and the amenities that we provide. We are in a great location central to so much of what Los Angeles has to offer. I hope you were able to explore some of LA's sights and do some shopping during your visit. I will pass on your comments for the staff to read and give Arione accolades due to her. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you for your review.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

We recently spent 9 nights here. King room was ok; junior suite was great! The suite was spacious, comfortable and clean. Enjoyed both the continental breakfast and the wine and snacks served each evening from 5 to 7. (Our schedule only allowed us to attend the happy hour 2 evenings, but both were enjoyable.)

Staff was friendly and courteous at all times. Seemed committed to helping guests enjoy their stay.

Convenient location to many LA attractions, and price is reasonable.

Would highly recommend this hotel; no negatives at all.

2 Thank Sally C
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate that you spent your nine nights in Los Angeles at the Élan Hotel. I’m glad that you liked our Jr. Suite as well as the amenities that we provide with the room. I appreciate your mention of the staff and will pass on your comments for them to read. Our location is central to so much of what Los Angeles has to offer whether it is shopping, dining, sightseeing, or nightlife. Thank you for staying with us!