Elan Hotel
US$334
  • Pool
Travelodge Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$239
US$319
US$256
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$297
  • Beachfront
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$565
US$333
US$309
US$635
US$360
  • Pool
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$398
US$302
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
1,473 results
All reviewsbeverly centerwine and cheese receptionvalet parkingwest hollywoodcedars sinai medical centercontinental breakfastbeverly connectionfarmers marketbagelsbeverly hillseach eveningtaco bellsmall hotelgreat boutiquewalking distancehard boiled eggsjunior suite
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I spent one night at this hotel on a stopover before the long flight back to Australia.
The hotel is in a very good location. One block from the Beverly Shopping Centre and walking distance to The Grove. The room I had was large and comfortable. I was on the ground floor and did not hear much outside noise. The bathroom was clean and looked as though it was renovated in the past couple of years. Breakfast was sufficient for my needs but some may prefer a cooked breakfast. The wine and cheese in the evening was very much appreciated.The free wifi work well and was fast. I emailed the hotel that I was expecting some parcels to be delivered and could they receive and hold them for me. They emailed back that it was no problem and would I like them to arrange a pick up at the airport for me. I replied that It would be appreciated as I had quite a bit of luggage and that was arranged and I was met at the airport on time. I would definately book this hotel when I visit Los Angeles again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Guest,

I am happy that you had a very comfortable stay with us on your stop over before returning to Australia. As you mention, we are in a central location to many shopping venues including the Grove at Farmer’s Market, The Beverly Center, and are just minutes from Rodeo Drive. We are glad that you enjoyed our complimentary expanded continental breakfast and the evening wine and cheese reception. We were happy to organize transportation for you as well as receive the parcels in advance of your arrival. Thank you for your review.

Kind Regards and Safe Travels,

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed here for our first trip to LA. Initially the Elan was recommended to us for it's central location, close to The Grove, Farmers Market, Beverly Centre and Beverly Connection Centre (for outlet discount stores).
The location was really good and we were also very impressed with the friendly service and genuinely welcoming attitude and help from staff . All of the staff were so (genuinely) nice and happy to help with all of our enquiries (we had a lot being our first trip to LA and USA). Being a smaller hotel (unlike the larger property chains) meant we saw familiar faces each day which was nice.
The Elan also provides lots of little extras that make it comfortable.Breakfast was included and between 5pm and 7pm at night there is complimentary wine and cheese served for guests. This is a great bonus if you are wanting to return from outings and have a break and recharge before going out again. The beds were very comfortable and the pillows were good quality (essential for a good sleep).
We will definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Alison S
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Alison S,

Thank you for choosing the Élan Hotel for your first trip to Los Angeles. We are pleased that you will highly recommend it to friends and family. As you mention, we are central to so much of what Los Angeles has to offer whether it be shopping, sightseeing, dining or nightlife.
I appreciate your mention of the friendly service that you received during your visit with us as well. All of the staff enjoys meeting our guests from around the world. As we are a 49-room boutique hotel it is easier to personalize the customer service to our guests in a hotel of our size. I’m glad that you liked our amenities and enjoyed the morning expanded continental breakfast. We appreciate your visit with us and thank you for your review.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This is my 4th review of the Elan Hotel in LA (West Hollywood). I return each November for medical visits at Cedars-Sinai. The first time I stayed there, it was a somewhat random decision to pick Elan. It was the right choice!
Elan has been a consistently excellent hotel in which to enjoy a quiet, nicely decorated room with all the amenities a modern traveler expects. In addition, a lovely breakfast bar begins each day and an evening wine and cheese bar is the perfect place to relax before retiring to one's room.
Joel and his staff provide a comfortable ambiance, one in which sitting in the lobby is a fun place to congregate and meet folks from near and distant places.
Elan is within walking distance to the elegant Beverly Center and 3rd Street, Robertson Street etc., where one can visit a variety of shops, galleries and eateries to suit modest or expensive style.
Melrose Ave. is not far and for a longer walk, neither is the Farmer's Market and Fairfax Ave. Of course one can take a bus or cab, however the area is safe to explore on foot. There are also sites to visit on Beverly BLVD, close to Elan.
It is worth repeating in each of my reviews, that the Elan Hotel is an excellent place to stay.
I'm looking forward to November when I visit again.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a patio.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Roxymusic4
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Dear roxymusix4,

We are happy that you chose the Élan Hotel on your first visit to Los Angeles four years ago! We are conveniently located near Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and other venues such as The Beverly Center for shopping and the Grove at Farmers Market. Just to mention, all of these are within walking distance as well.
I am glad that you liked our room amenities and were able to take advantage of our morning expanded continental breakfast as well as our evening wine and cheese reception. Both are a great way to meet guests from around the globe.
We appreciate your reviews and look forward to seeing you each year. Thanks for being a loyal guest of the Élan Hotel and a STASH Rewards member! See you in November!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

What a gem in West Hollywood! My sister and I enjoyed our stay here last month.

+Our room was ready at 11am! Even though check in is at 3pm. (And check out is at noon!)
+Free wine and cheese in their lobby every evening from 5-7pm! Unlimited!
+Complimentary breakfast every morning. Consists of yogurt, bagels, cereal, coffee, breads.
+Super customer service! Their bell boy helped us bring in all our stuff from our car. They poured our wine during the wine and cheese reception. They helped us with a smile everytime we went the front desk. Even the maid was happy to give us 3 extra towels when I only asked for 1.
+24 hr CVS and Taco Bell is right across the street
+Roomy, empty fridge in the room

-The only thing I didn't like about this hotel was the thin walls! Everytime our neighbor flushed the toilet it was really loud in our room, and I could hear them talking and stomping around in their room pretty easily. Luckily they were rarely in their room to create a problem for us.

The hotel offers $25/night valet parking in their underground garage. Or you can park on the street overnight if you trust your car on the street. During the day you can just keep putting money in the meters. Surrounding neighborhood only lets you park on their streets til 6pm.

I would definitely consider coming back to this hotel if we ever needed to stay in the Hollywood area again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Guest,

We are pleased that you consider the Élan Hotel to be a “GEM” of a hotel! We are always happy to offer early check-in at no additional charge if a room is available and we a glad that we could accommodate you! I am glad that you enjoyed our morning continental breakfast and that you were available to attend our wine & cheese reception.
Thanks for mentioning the customer service that you received during your visit with us! The staff enjoys the day to day interaction with our guests from around the world!
We strongly recommend using our valet parking at the hotel as opposed to parking on the street. Our valet parking is simple and convenient with as many in and out privileges as one may need per day. Thanks for staying with us and posting your review.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed for 4 nights having flown in from the UK. Very friendly welcome from the front desk, our room a little small maybe but well appointed and spotless. The complementary continental breakfast buffet was good, and the evening wine and cheese reception a nice touch. We asked for advice from the front desk staff and all were friendly and helpful. We used the metro bus and train system to get around - very good, and reception do have a small stock of TAP cards to get you started. Overall the hotel lived up to our expectations, and is great value.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear of the hotel are more likely to be quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Hugh P

We appreciate your four night stay with us and are happy that you liked our room amenities as well as our complimentary expanded breakfast, and evening wine and cheese reception. I appreciate your mention of the hotel staff as they are always eager to assist one with directions, sightseeing, restaurants, or nightlife. We are happy that we lived up to your expectations and that you felt the hotel is a good value for the dollar. I hope you were able to take advantage of or complimentary Wi-Fi as well! Thanks for your review.