“Goood Hotel”

Elan Hotel
Ranked #5 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Very helpful staff, great location. Really close to Hollywood, Rodeo, CVS Pharmacy really close.
Doorman did a good job with the luggage. Moderately priced for W.Hollywood. Staff didn't mind or know if you got food from buffet for later.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank faithnglory

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The Elan Hotel has a pretty great location if you want to go to Beverly Hills or West Hollywood, and nice service, particularly the free wine and cheese reception every night from 5-7 pm (!). The employees were extremely welcoming and helpful. Our room was very clean and modern, and I liked the touch of having little hard candies. But it was hard to sleep because the walls were so thin, and we could hear a lot of noise from other guests particularly when heading to the breakfast. We were on the ground floor, so perhaps a higher room would be quieter?

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Desilina
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We are in a very good location which is very close to many of the venues that Los Angeles has to offer. I am glad that you enjoyed our wine and cheese reception and hopefully you had a chance to join us for our complimentary expanded continental breakfast as well. I appreciate your mention of our staff and will pass your review on for them to read. On your next visit we will reserve a quiet room on the back of the building. Recently, we have taken measures to help reduce the room to room noise and a great improvement has been made. On your next visit we will reserve a quiet room on the back of the building for you. Thanks for your review.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My partner and I decided to stay at the Elan based on the reviews here and we were not disappointed. From the beginning, the experience was enjoyable. The staff at the front desk were always helpful and looked after us.

We took advantage of the wine and cheese nights and the daily continental breakfast. The rooms were comfortable and I was pleasantly surprised that I could not hear the traffic noise on the second floor.

The hotel is a short walk from The Grove and the Farmers Market, as well as great restaurants such as Nobu and Koi. A good tip is the 217 bus, which runs along Fairfax Ave (a short walk from the hotel). It will take you straight to the Walk of Fame and will cut out a lot of your travel time. LA unfortunately is a very car centric city so this bus was very important to us on the days we did not have the hire car.

I would definitely recommend the Elan!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mic213
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to read that you choose the Élan Hotel based on the reviews that you have read on Trip Advisor. I appreciate the mention of your enjoyable experience.
The staff at the Elan Hotel is eager to please! Whether you are looking for directions, information on shopping or sightseeing, restaurant suggestions, or nightlife, the staff is well trained to assist with your inquiry.
I am glad that you found your room to be comfortable and that you enjoyed our morning continental breakfast and evening wine and cheese reception.
As you mention, the public transportation in Los Angeles is a very convenient and inexpensive way to get around the town and explore the local sights. There is a local bus stop on Beverly Blvd just one block from the hotel.
Thanks for recommending the Élan Hotel to your friends and family. We appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I found the Elan Hotel to be a wonderful little gem. I felt like I was away at home in this cozy boutique hotel. The hotel is centrally located, walking distance to main attractions, or an inexpensive cab ride away from other points of interest. The wine and cheese reception was always welcoming and the complimentary breakfast offered a good start to the day. I felt safe and comfortable and will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pjslinkee
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to read that you felt right at home at the Élan Hotel. As you mention we are central to so much of what Los Angeles is famous for! I’m glad that you enjoyed our wine and cheese reception and the morning Continental breakfast. It is a good way to start your day by having a cup of coffee while surfing the internet on our complimentary Wi-Fi. We look forward to you return visit. Thanks for your review.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel is in a great location. The rooms were nice and clean. There is a happy hour with drinks and chess as well as a nice breakfast in the morning. The service was good. Its a cute boutique like hotel with a great vibe.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is the second time my wife and I have stayed at the Elan. This time it was for four nights. The previous time was in 2012. I was very pleased to see that the high level of service and amenities has not changed, if anything they have improved.

The hotel is conveniently located on Beverly Blvd in West Hollywood. It is about two blocks from the Beverly Center and with walking distance of both the Grove and the Beverly Hills shopping area as well. There is valet underground parking available which I used with no issues whatsoever.

The staff here are excellent. It is significant to note the familiar faces from our previous visit. Low staff turnover is usually a good sign. Everyone from the front desk, to housekeeping, to the very friendly lady who assists during the evening wine and cheese offerings was pleasant and knowledgable.

The rooms are well appointed with all the various amenities one would expect. Our room was on the second (top) floor facing onto Beverly. We found the noise level to be minimal with the only sounds of note were the odd emergency vehicles. The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. One item of note worth mentioning is the damper on the doors to the rooms. There is nothing more annoying that the sound of room doors slamming shut at various hours. While the damper on the Elan doors requires a little more time for them to close, it goes a long way to reducing that type of noise.

The hotel offers a selection of wine and cheese inn the early evening. This is a wonderful opportunity to relax with a glass of wine, cheese and crackers before preparing for a night out.

My only pet peeve is the hard boiled eggs provided at breakfast. There are ways of hard boiling them that would allow the shell to be removed much easier that what is currently offered. Outside of that there is the usual selection of breakfast items such as baked goods, bread, cereals, fruit etc...

This is an excellent hotel. The overall experience is superb. My wife and I have stayed here before and we would stay here again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MisterCheeky
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Our goal is for all of our guests to experience exceptional service. The staff goes through a training program to insure that a high level of service is constantly offered. They enjoy the day to day interaction with our guest from around the world. In addition, many of our staff has been here since the original opening date of the hotel.
We are happy that you like our room amenities and that you felt that our rooms are well appointed. We do upgrade them from time to time and our guests have come to expect these welcome changes! Our morning continental breakfast and evening wine and cheese reception are a great way to meet people. Many guests have made new friends here.
I am glad that you experienced a superb stay with us and thank you for recommending the Élan Hotel.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We had stayed at the Elan years ago and so looked for it specifically for our recent one night stay. It is still a lovely boutique hotel and in the very heartbeat of LA-Beverly Hills. Perfect location only a few blocks to great restaurants and shopping at the Beverly Center.

Everything was very clean and they have new offerings like wine in the late afternoon and a simple breakfast in the morning. I was uncomfortable in the bed as it was very firm. I was exhausted though and slept with an extra blanket beneath me. The next morning I told the staff and was immediately told they had fluffy mattress covers to use if I had called. Darn! I never would have thought to call them re: mattress style. Now I know and so do you. Frankly I think the staff is great and they worked hard with me on the best rate they could offer. In the end they gave me a deeper discount upon my arrival. I

I will stay at the Elan anytime I travel to the LA area. Great little secret!

Room Tip: Be sure if you need a less firm mattress to let the staff know. They have options for you.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Denise T
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Guest,

We are happy that you selected the Élan Hotel for your recent one night stay in Los Angeles. As you mention our location is on that is central to so much of what Los Angeles has to offer. Whether it be shopping, dining, sightseeing, or nightlife there is something for everyone.
I appreciate your mention of our room amenities and we are glad that you were able to join us for our morning continental breakfast and evening wine and cheese reception. We do offer a pillow-top mattress for those guests who prefer a less firm mattress. Please let us know in advance next time and we will have the room ready for you upon arrival. Thanks for mentioning the staff. They enjoy meeting our guests from around the globe. Thanks for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.