“Good hotel in Beverly Hills”
Review of Elan Hotel

Elan Hotel
Ranked #5 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Canberra, Australia
“Good hotel in Beverly Hills”
Reviewed 28 June 2009

Before arriving in Beverly Hills I was worried about the location of the Elan Hotel, but it was in an excellent location close to everything in Beverly Hills. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Although the room wasn't large, it was clean and comfortable which was more important. The hotel is modern and not so big as to be impersonal (but it does have an elevator, which some hotels don't have). It has free interent. Value for money was outstanding. My criteria for a good hotel is to ask myself the question: would I stay there again? The answer is yes, I certainly would stay at this hotel again. The only negative comment is that our room was not serviced until late in the afternoons after we had had tiring days out sightseeing and were looking forward to coming back to a clean, serviced room. Overall it was a very good stay at the Elan Hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fun2travelCanberra

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Hebrew first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 25 June 2009

Great hotel, nice and very well located. The rooms are a little bit small, but everything is new, clean and modern. The hotel offers free internet access at the lobby and a very good breakfast. The only complaint is about the room service, which was a little slow when we ordered food. The lobby attendants were all nice and very helpful. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LordBY
Minas Gerais
Reviewed 14 June 2009

Great location in beverly hills, you can do a lot of thing on foot from here. Internet and breakfast free.(also they have a wine/chesse free at 17:00)
Parking was 19.00/day.
The hotel is charming and service is great. The room is not too big.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tcarrijo
Brisbane Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2009

From the moment our taxi pulled to the curb the Elan staff were there to help. We arrived at 9.00 am in the morning for a 3.00 pm in checkin and we were lucky enough to be able to get into our room. Checkin was smooth - and the room was outstanding.
But it was the personal level of service that we received that made this motel outstanding. The desk was managed 24 hours a day so it didn't matter what time you stumbled in the door or out - someone was there to greet you and answer questions and solve problems.
The morning breakfast was a perfect start to the day - enjoyed in a beatifully appointed lobby. You could sit and talk with other travellers - swap notes and ideas or just read the paper. And each evening was rounded off with a wine and cheese get together for interested guests.
Elan was an excellent launching pad for Los Angeles - it is across the road from the Beverley Centre - has restaurants in the street (the italian Trattatoria was superb), and the bus to "anywhere" is on the corner.
We used public transport for all of our adventures - and loved the 25c dash! Travelled comfortably to Universal Studios and Santa Monica using the buses and trains. And each day the Elan staff answered our questions - printed out timetables, maps and schedules and even helped us with elusive change for the bus!
If you are looking for a central location in beautifully appointed accommodation, with friendly, personal staffing support at an affordable price - Elan should be the first place you research.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jmintouch33
New South Wales
Reviewed 27 May 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Elan on two separate occasions in the past 10 days and were totally blown away by the extraordinary level of service provided by the staff and manager of the Elan. From the moment we arrived, (earlier than we should have), everything happend smoothly and nothing was too much trouble for the staff to arrange for us. (like car hire, tourist bus tickets, luggage storage for a few days, etc, etc).

The immaculate presentation was a delight to find and the complimentary 'wine and cheese welcome' held each evening in the lobby was excellent.,.. a great way to break the ice and meet some fellow travellers.

The Elan is just a stroll from the Beverley Centre shopping mall and various restaurants (including the superb sushi cafe just 100 metres away),. and the hop-on-hop-off tourist bus service which is also brilliant.

So if you are looking for a great location to base yourselves in LA, we cannot rate the Elan highly enough in such an otherwise expensive city. It is outstanding value and we will be staying there again. Our congratulations to Joel and his staff,..this is one hotel we will defintely recommend to all our friends! Mark Currie. Pacific Palms, Australia.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank markandsuec
Canada
Reviewed 18 May 2009

What a gem of a hotel!!! Can't say enough good things about my stay there. Booked 4 nights at the begining of May and enjoyed every minute. Great staff, location,room, super clean, great breakfast every morning and the hotel is small so not noisey or too tourist-y. Wine and cheese every night was a great way to start the evening. Perfect location for shoppers or those sight seeing. Look around for less expensive rates-they are out there. But, for LA the hotels rates are not that bad! You should check it out if you are going to LA .

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank YvesCanada
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
Reviewed 15 May 2009

First of all I would like to thank HopSkipJump for making up my mind on the Elan in W Hollywood instead of the Celebrity hotel, I am sooo glad I did not stay in Hollywood. The hotel is one block from La Cienega Blvd where you can catch buses any where in the city, believe me I went everywhere; weekends though are lousy for taking buses, sometimes they don't come at all. The hotel is small, not really a boutique hotel, just small, but you feel like a part of a family unlike say staying at the Sofitel up the street, paying more than double and not having anyone notice your existence.

Omar at the front desk is a sweetheart, always a smile and a hello when he saw me come in in the afternoons. Check-in no hassle at all. Room 206 one queen bed, inside room VERY quiet. Room is small but I was alone so it was fine. Great bed and bedding, 4 great pillows and 4 throw pillows besides and an extra one in the closet. Iron and ironing board in closet too. Desk and chair and internet connection and a large flat screen TV. Small bathroom but adequate with very nice toiletries. Yikes!! no hair dyer and I didn't take one!! No problem, I told Karla the housekeeping girl that I had thought I had read there were hair dyers in the rooms, she said she'd see what she could do and of course when I got back that afternoon there was the needed item. There is also a free in-room safe which I didn't use, I just locked everything in my suitcases and it was fine.

Having breakfast included is heavenly. If, however, you need eggs over easy or pancakes or anything substantial you'll do better going across the street to Jan's Restaurant, more on that in a minute. The buffet breakfast has yoghurt, granola, cereal, milk, orange juice, coffee, hot water for the lovely teas they offer, danish, muffins and bagels and yes, they have cream cheese. There's a toaster and a microwave and oh, on a couple of days they had the most heavenly freshly baked banana nut bread. They also have a fruit bowl with bananas, apples and oranges. Breakfast is from 6:30-10:30am. There is also a little outdoor terrace for breakfast for you smokers or those wanting to enjoy the morning sun. I never got around to the wine in the evening, I always got back to the hotel late after siteseeing and shopping. They also have one computer in the little lobby so you can check your email at no extra cost.

Jan's Restaurant is right across the street, but of course you have to walk a block one way just to cross and then a half a block to reach the restaurant. They serve breakfast all day and night so one night I went all out and had a big breakfast and on my last night I had dinner there; prices are fair and the food is decent.

Take a bus from La Cienega to Sunset and you have all the hot night spots and restaurants or stay on the bus and it will take to straight to Hollywood. Walk a couple of blocks to 3rd street and hop a bus right to The Grove, or go the other way and head to Rodeo Drive. You can get any where you want from the Elan by bus.

For you shoppers you have within 3 blocks of the hotel, Beverly Center with Macy's and Bloomingdales as anchors; Lohmann's Men across the street and a block up Lohmann's women's. There is a Grand Luxe Café where I ate twice, expensive but I was on vacation.

Not only is this a great hotel but ALL the people that work there are so very nice and you can't beat the price and it includes breakfast. I would definitely stay here again if I am ever in LA, the area is so much nicer than the Hollywood kitsch.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo