“I'd stay at the Elan if ever in LA again”
Review of Elan Hotel

Elan Hotel
Ranked #5 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Melbourne
“I'd stay at the Elan if ever in LA again”
Reviewed 17 October 2009

Terrific, friendly and helpful staff. Rooms had everything we needed. Great location, yet quiet rooms. 3 x computers in the lobby with fast internet access + 1 printer. Happy hour is put on by the hotel each evening serving Aussie wines + cheese at no extra charge. A yummy breakfast is included in the rate.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank suzmcon
ElanMGR, Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this review, 21 October 2009
Thank you for your kind review of the Elan Hotel. We appreciate your patronage and hope that if you do ever come to LA again all the way from beautiful Melbourne you look us up! (That's quite the flight, from Melbourne to LAX!)

Again, thanks for your time with us! Our staff works very hard to ensure that our guests leave with a positive feeling and assurance that the Elan delivers excellent hospitality.

Cheers,
Elan Hotel Management and Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Hebrew first
Medford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 October 2009

I'll start with the positive, but ultimately, I'll need to end with a big negative--one that will prevent us from ever staying here again.

The hotel lobby is lovely, obviously recently renovated to pass for 2009 chic. The staff, while sparse, is friendly and helpful. The neighborhood, while slightly seedy on the surface, is close to the Beverly Center and a few blocks from Melrose and Santa Monica Blvd. Our room, while VERY small, was clean and stylish.

And now, the bad. Our room was located on the first floor and abutted Beverly Blvd. I've never stayed in a more noisy room. The noise from the traffic and passersby was unbearable; we hardly slept all night.

On one hand, the price is right, which is why I suspect this hotel is so highly rated here. Our room, with a AAA discount, was $152. On the other hand, you get what you pay for. If you can't sleep in a hotel, then you've chosen the wrong one.

We chose the wrong one.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mcourt83
ElanMGR, Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this review, 21 October 2009
Oh no! This is not the kind of review we like to see on TripAdvisor, and first and foremost we would like to extend our sincere apologies for your LOUD visit!

We believe we are more highly rated on TripAdvisor than many other Los Angeles properties because of our commitment to an exceptional service experience. We want to deliver a seamless package, and we try our hardest to ensure that our guests do enjoy their time with us through our value, amenities, facility, and our social breakfasts and wine hours.

I need to let you know that noise is an issue that management is taking every possible step to address, though this can often depend on events going on through our stretch of Beverly Boulevard. We have installed noise-resistant double-paned windows to try to prevent this issue from occurring and bothering our guests.

We do hope that you will give us another chance to extend our hospitality to you, and to ensure your stay is how we designed it to be- seamless and excellent.

We welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Kind Regards,
Elan Hotel Management and Staff
Texas
Reviewed 15 October 2009

My sister-in-law and I stayed here for a long weekend (3 nights) in October '09 and were quite impressed with everything about this hotel.
It is a small (2-story) boutique hotel in a great location. When we first entered the front doors, we noticed the beautiful lobby area. The hotel is within walking distance to many nice restaurants, stores, and a very nice huge (3-story) mall just one block down Beverly Blvd.
When I stay in hotels, it's all about "cleanliness" to me. I am the pickiest of anyone I know when it comes to cleanliness, and I was definitely satisified here. Our room (and bathroom) was immaculate! Our beds were some of the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in with very nice (and very expensive) sheets. Great fluffy pillows too! Our room had a nice big flat-screen tv, large desk with re-charging outlets for cell phones, and free wi-fi. Nice fluffy bath robes, house slippers (new in plastic packages), ironing board w/iron, and blow dryer were also provided . A refrigerator is also in the room which we used for our bottled water. Our room was on the bottom floor, and we were never bothered by any outside noises, i.e., traffic, etc. It was very quiet and relaxing.
The bathroom was big and roomy with a good "strong" shower head and lots of hot water! (No low water pressure here!) A few added extras were the lighted swing-out make-up mirror mounted on the wall and the full-length mirror on the inside of the bathroom door.
Every morning a free "continental" breakfast is served in the lobby area. It was one of the best continental breakfasts I have ever had. They had a large selection of pastries (croissants, donuts, muffins, bagels, fruit-filled pastries), several cereal choices, fresh fruit, and for drinks: coffee, orange juice, and milk. I normally don't partake in these free continental breakfasts, but this one was "over and above" the standard.
Also in the lobby is a computer center (with several computers and printers) which is available free of charge to hotel guests. I never utilized them since I had my laptop with me, but I noticed other guests using the computers frequently.
The hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating. They were all very professional (& professionally dressed!) and always greeted us with a smile.
Regarding finding a place to park, you must valet-park in their parking garage. There are a couple of street parking spaces on the side street that runs alongside the hotel, but you must move your car by 8am. I didn't want to have to run outside to move my car each morning (and where would I move it to???), so for $19/day (plus tips to the valets), you just pull up to the front door, and they will move your car to their underground parking garage. Each time we left, they brought our car to us within 5-10 minutes. I normally don't valet-park, but you don't have much of a choice here. Plus, I knew my car was going to be safe parked in their "valet-parking only" garage where no other guests or outsiders had access to.
Another plus with being a guest here is the daily 5pm wine and cheese reception in the lobby......and did I mention that it is "FREE!!!"
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting L.A. that wants to stay in a nice clean & quiet place, wants to stay somewhere centrally located (15 minutes to beaches, Hollywood Hills, just minutes to Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive, Sunset Blvd., good restaurants, shopping, and many other fantastic L.A. sights), and wants awesome service!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Leuven
Reviewed 13 October 2009

I stayed here for three nights in september 2009 and I just have to confirm what everybody else wrote about this hotel. This is just an excellent hotel. If I would return to LA, this would be the place! Friendly staff, always available for any information. Close to the Beverly Center, if you want to do some shopping and a great sushi restaurant (café sushi) 1 block away... Extra's: Internet-pc's, Wi-Fi in the rooms, complimentary wine reception from 5pm to 7pm.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
Franklin, WI
Reviewed 5 October 2009

This hotel is centrally located, had all the amenities we wanted, inculding an outstanding staff.
We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank golfskimel
Devon England
Reviewed 4 October 2009

I mainly booked this hotel based on the reviews and location and price and wow we werent disappointed. Great location, great rate for such a location. The rooms are nicely appointed abeit not massive but then you re in LA so you are not spending much time in your room and if you dont care if the hotel has lots of facilities then this is the place!! The staff are very friendly and accomodating here. The wine and cheese party is a novel idea and to my surprise esp as it is free they serve you good wine too! The breakfast is excellent. Only thing this hotel lacks is a pool. Apart from that i would recommend it to anyone and will def stay there again if back in the area. Dont be deceived by the outside of it either as it is a lot nicer inside. EXCELLENT ALL AROUND!

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cabbie61
Sydney
Reviewed 4 October 2009

My daughter and I stayed for three days (two nights) last week and were very impressed with all aspects of the hotel. The location, cleanliness and value for money are great but what absolutely sets this hotel above others is the outstanding commitment to customer service. As this was my first visit to LA I did quite a lot of research and chose this hotel due to the positive reflections in other reviews. After booking I made enquiries from the hotel regarding getting from LAX to the hotel. William suggested a fixed rate option with a taxi and made all transport arrangements for us with the whole process going like clockwork. We were met inside the terminal by Caesar (taxi driver extraordinare!) who collected our luggage from the carousel and whisked us into LA to be met at the door of the Elan by Paoulo who took our luggage direct to our room. The service remained at this standard for the three days with any request, from just general info to tour bookings responded to immediately with no fuss. The room was very quiet and clean with two double beds so just perfect for us. The bathroom was modern and spotless. The complimentary wine and cheese at 5pm each day was delightful and a nice way to unwind before dinner. We also appreciated the weather forecast delivered to our room when we returned to the hotel in the evening as we could plan clothes for the next day. This was particularly helpful as the temperature increased by 12 degrees (to 88) on our second day. Overall, I could not fault any aspect of the hotel and would highly recommend the Elan to any traveller. It will be the only place I stay in LA.

• Stayed September 2009
Downtown
Sheraton Grand Los Angeles
Sheraton Grand Los Angeles
#7 of 350 in Los Angeles

Been to Elan Hotel? Share your experiences!