“We Loved This Hotel !!!”
Review of Elan Hotel

Elan Hotel
Ranked #5 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lexington, Kentucky
“We Loved This Hotel !!!”
Reviewed 8 July 2010

I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. We stayed for 7 nights. The check in and out was very fast. The staff was wonderful. The valets were always friendly and very efficient at pulling your car around. I knew the rooms were smaller in size ahead of time, but was very surprised that the bathroom was very roomy. We did not take advantage of the breakfast or wine and cheese as we were always on the go. It seemed as if everyone enjoyed it though. The best thing to me was the location of the hotel. For us it was in the general vacinity of everything we had plans to do. There was a lovely resturant "Jan's" across the street that had great food and was very casual if we were to tired to get ready for a more upscale meal after a long day of touring. The free wireless was also a bonus and always worked! I will stay here when we come back!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Hebrew first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 July 2010

When business took me to Beverly Hills, and I needed a hotel close to my meeting's location but not way over the company's per diem, I was delighted to find the Elan Hotel Modern. The hotel has a great Beverly Hills location but, price-wise, is much more competitive with the general hotel rates in Los Angeles versus the expensive properties in Beverly Hills. I had a short stay (late arrival/early departure), but it was pleasant. My check-in was efficient, and my room, while on the small-ish side, was well-designed, clean, and had a comfortable bed, good lighting, and nice working area. The bath products were nice, and I appreciated getting a robe and slippers given the price of the hotel. The one annoyance was that a fair amount of road noise came into the room through the windows, but I still was able to get a good night's sleep. This place wouldn't be my first choice for the broader LA area, but if you need a hotel in Beverly Hills at a competitive price, you should strongly consider a stay at the Elan!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank brmusicman
england
Reviewed 6 July 2010

We spent four nights at the Elan - what a special hotel. The staff were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble. I arranged with William before we arrived to have a driver collect us from the airport and to take us to different places in LA, this worked out really well and made our trip even more enjoyable. The buffet breakfast and cheese and wine in the evenings were excellant with a great choice of food and wine, and gave us a chance to meet other guests. The hotel is spotlessly clean, and the rooms are very comfortable.
Nothing is too much trouble for the staff at this hotel, and I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.
The hotel is well situated, and as three women travelling together, at no time did we feel unsafe when walking around the area. Excellent new shopping mall round the corner, also some great restuarants.

Great find, would definately return

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank caroleregan
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2010

We had 2 days in LA before heading on to San Fran. We wanted to see Hollywood and Beverly Hills, as well as Santa Monica. This hotels location was perfect for this! Staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean and amenities as expected for the price. Would definitely recommend!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 June 2010

We stayed at the Elan Hotel for one night to break up our trip back to Australia after arriving from a flight from New York. We received great service from the staff at the hotel - staff were very welcoming and helpful. Room was very clean. The bed was a delight to sleep in. Great amenities. Clean bathroom. Complimentary continental breakfast and wifi.

2 Thank Australian12345
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2010

I always start my hotel stay by giving the hotel a 5 star rating and if I find anything wrong a star will be lost.

Firstly the hotel was really clean and air conditioned with the added benefit of Free Wi-Fi (inc. 2 terminals in reception) and Free Continental Breakfast (Muffins, Bagels, Fruit, Cereal etc.). There was also the lovely touch of a Free Wine & Cheese Reception each evening. The staff were very friendly and helped with requests and information when required.

The room was very nice if quite small. Not much room to swing a cat but I wasn't worried about this.

There are a few downsides though unfortunately. I had asked for rose petals to be sprinkled on the bed sheet upon arrival as it was a honeymoon stay but there was nothing. Not really a big deal but it would have been nice to have had some sort of acknowledgement of the fact.

The toilet was broken within the cistern which meant the bowl would never fill with water, you had to manually fix it each time you flushed the toilet. I had mentioned to reception and they said that they would send somebody to look at it. I don't know if anyone did or not but the toilet was broken for the entire stay.

The major problem however, was the air conditioning in the room. There is no individual console to adjust your room temperature as it is part of a multiple room console. As you can imagine having the air con on all day and night made the room very cold during the night and the mornings but the worse part was the vibrating air con pipes. The vibrations reverberated through the ceiling light making it vibrate and it also reverberated through the floor up through the bed and gave you a nice buzzing noise in your ears when trying to sleep. I had enquired at reception but there was nothing they could do as the air con was shared with other rooms. However, there was work being carried out inside the hotel during my stay and they were apparently installing air con on a room basis, so this will hopefully alleviate the problem.

Although there were problems I am still giving this hotel 4/5 due to the other good points.

1 Thank Killultagh
jmajorselan, General Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Elan Hotel and your comments regarding your stay with us. It is through your comments that we can improve upon our product and service to our valued guests.
I appreciate your nice comments regarding the staff and I will pass the message on to them.
Unfortunately, the request for rose petals in your room was not received by management and I am sorry that you were disappointed. However, I did give you a complimentary upgrade to an Executive King room at no additional charge.
I am sorry that there were some plumbing issues in the room and I have asked our maintenance team to take a look. Our rooms are on a regular program but sometimes these things can happen.
Your comments regarding the HVAC system have been taken very seriously. In fact we are currently undergoing a new HVAC installation which will replace all rooms with new mini-split systems which as very user friendly and more effective in cooling or heating a room. These are a much welcome upgrade to our rooms. The project is well underway and will be completed shortly. Thank you for your business as it is very much appreciated and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Kind Regards,

Joel Majors
Wollongong, NSW
Reviewed 22 June 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Elan in January and found it to be a great. The staff were helpful and advised us on bus routes etc. The hotel was spotlessly clean and beds were comfortable. Hotel is handy to shops and restaurants. A terrific place to stay when in Beverly Hills.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Downtown
Sheraton Grand Los Angeles
Sheraton Grand Los Angeles
#7 of 350 in Los Angeles

Been to Elan Hotel? Share your experiences!