“great service, location, and value”
Review of Elan Hotel

Elan Hotel
Ranked #5 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 August 2010

We stayed at Elan as part of a week long trip down the California coast prior to dropping off our son for his freshman year in college. We chose Elan based on Trip Advisor recommendations and we were not disappointed.

The location of the hotel is excellent and was a quick drive to some of our sight seeing destinations such as the Santa Monica Pier and Disneyland.

The rooms were pretty spacious. The decor was a bit dated and the carpet somewhat worn, but everything was clean and well taken care of. The water pressure in the shower was fine, something I'm always particular about. The hotel offers free wi-fi and the connection seemed faster than most hotels.

Complimentary breakfast is served in the lobby and was decent, offering cereal, yogurt, pastries, coffee and juice. No hot food like eggs or pancakes.

The hotel service was outstanding. For example, I left my Blackberry charger at the prior hotel. The front desk person asked around among the other service people and found someone with a charger so that he could charge my Blackberry with enough use until I could go out and get a replacement charger. The valet was very good with advice regarding some of the places we were visiting, including unsolicited (and appreciated) advice about wearing some warm clothing in the evening near the beach.

Overall, a very sound and relatively economical choice of hotel. Would definitely come back

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Elan Hotel

Reviewed 15 August 2010

I just stayed at Elan during a 3 week trip around Western USA with one friend & stayed at various nice hotels through out our trip. Elan was our favourite. The customer service/staff are excellent - very helpful. The rooms have good sized bathrooms, are clean, the flatscreen tv has non pay tv - great as some hotels we stayed in were pay per view only! Free internet is another bonus. For those not familiar with travelling in the US without a laptop believe me it gets expensive in most hotels. There is a good complimentary breakfast in the morning as well as wine & cheese from 5pm - 7pm. It is a 5 minute walk to the Beverly Center & there is a 24 hour pharmacy/CVS across the road. I would return here in a flash & in fact very much hope to do so! Thank you Elan for making my trip to LA so enjoyable

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2010

This hotel and its staff set standards; room was perfect, comfortable; I slept well and that's all I ask for. Breakfast was good - parking was arranged and I was even directed to a local dive when I asked. There is a good sushi cafe just up the road for a quick snack. A taxi was arranged in accordance which a special request I placed. As I said - everything was perfect.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2010

My husband and I have stayed exclusively at Elan for the four years we have been coming to LA to visit family. We are always treated like family at Elan-which is why I had no qualms about staying there this month when I had to travel alone.
The staff can't do enough for you- and the room is well decorated, yet comfy. The complimentary breakfasts and wine hour are a perfect addition.
If you can get a room in the back on the second floor of this two-story hotel, you'll have a nice view of the Hollywood Hiils. That was a nice treat this visit! Can't wait to stay at Elan again!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Donna047
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Great boutique hotel. I arrived 27th July with a tooth infection which caused my cheek to swell.. The hotel staff and manager ( Joel ) could not have been more helpful. Joel made an appointment with his own dentist for me within 30 minutes of my arrival, took me there himself in his car and then came back for me when the appointment was over. I don't think you would get this kind of personal service at any of the larger hotels...will always stay at this hotel whenever I visit LA

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 1 August 2010

Arrived early morning after long train journey from Chicago, hotel location on busy road and exterior quite plain but once inside what a revelation. On the desk was Lancelot whose greeting was warm and friendly, we explained our early arrival (it was only still about 9.30am) he explained that this was not a problem. Whilst checking in Joel the hotel manager was introduced to us, he upgraded our room and asked us if we wished to take breakfast whilst our room was prepared. Despite location the rooms were quiet,comfortable and very clean affording a good nights sleep. The continental breakfast was excellent , and what a surprise to be invited to Joel's early evening cheese and wine tasting, a lovely touch. Well Done. Joel and Staff.
Location almost opposite the Beverley Centre where the tour buses can be picked up. Tickets can be purchased from the Desk.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2010

I stayed at the Élan Hotel for around 3 weeks in a King Suite room and really couldn't have had a better experience.

The staff working at the hotel were definitely the highlight! So lovely and more than willing to help with anything I asked. Breakfast was utterly delicious every morning (try the chocolate chip muffins!) and at after sunset they light up the lobby with candles which created the perfect atmosphere for a quiet read or just catching up with the emails on the business centre computers.

Very central location, we could walk almost everywhere we needed to go. Beverly Centre, The Grove, Farmers Market, Melrose Ave shopping.......

Every need was met and I never felt as though I was asking too much.

If only every hotel experience was this fantastic!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Downtown
Sheraton Grand Los Angeles
Sheraton Grand Los Angeles
#7 of 352 in Los Angeles

Been to Elan Hotel? Share your experiences!