“Moderate-priced property with convenient location. Good public transit access!”

Rodeway Inn Convention Center
Ranked #173 of 349 Hotels in Los Angeles
Strongsville, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

I have stayed at this motel on several occasions since April, 2008; the last being last weekend. I decided to return there because of previous good experiences. The owners are friendly, the rooms clean and comfortable, and a reasonable breakfast, including waffles, is offered. One main benefit, of which I have not previously taken advantage, is that it is located on a main bus line. At the last minute, I decided to cancel my one-day car rental and to rely on public transport. A wise decision; because of good schedules, even on weekends, and the 25-cent fare for senior citizens on weekends, I was able to make two trips to the heart of downtown, over two days, for a grand total of $1.25, instead of spending $51 for a one-day car rental. (By the way, had I used my first option, the motel does offer Free parking for guests.)
There are numerous nearby restaurants, both fast-food and sit-down, and the motel is located very near Koreatown. I will return there again!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank maestrolms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Dunfermline, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

Stayed for 2 nights after being in NZ for a month. Needed a place downtown and it looked good from the photos we saw online at olhotlels.com but the photos weren't from there although the prices and info was. Confusing at first and wouldn't look at their website again.

Wasn't happy when we arrived but Jason who was at the desk couldn't be more helpful and thought he was doing us a favour by giving us a room looking out onto Olympic Boulevard but very noisy and wouldn't recommend anyone staying in a room overlooking the street. Offered to change but not worth the bother.

Breakfast very good and the rooms although basic were clean and had everything you need.

Would recommend if you want a cheap place close to downtown LA.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the road as too noisy.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sheena S
Upland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

My wife and I stayed there one night because it was a very good value and because it was within walking distance of the Staples Center. We booked our room through priceline. We were pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of our room and the facility. The staff was very friendly, answering all of our questions, and we felt safe with the design of the location. We walked to a nice mexican restaurant a block down the street. Overall it was a very enjoyable experience and I am certain we will stay there the next time we visit the Staples Center. Thank you Roadway Inn! Sincerely, D. Buckner

Room Tip: Get a 3rd floor outside facing room for an excellent view of the neighborhood and the Vintage Homes...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank D B
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

I am not a big fan of writing reviews but I am encourage to do so because we had excellent experience during our 3 day stay at rodeway inn. After checking in and unpacked everything, I found out that the toilet was clogged. . I called front desk to have the toilet fixed. I was not expecting that a maintenance guy would come up to the room to fix the toilet immediately, but it was fixed in 10 min. Over all, we had a wonderful stay. The hotel is well-maintained and the manager and front desk were friendly and helpful. I wll definitely go back and stay in this hotel and definitely recommend it to my family and friends .

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank tamara w
Tucson
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

I needed to go downtown but I wanted to stay on Olympic because so many of the downtown hotels are difficult to drive into. I also wanted to have easy access to my car and not have to valet every time. On the positives the furniture in the rooms is brand new and the bed was very comfortable (four star bed ;-) ). There were also plenty of parking spaces so I felt safe leaving my car. Free internet and parking was a major plus too as you generally pay a premium for those downtown. The Internet connection also worked very well. On the negatives there were shady people staying here, very long waits at the desk, the exterior of the hotel is run down. I felt safe and secure inside my room but not really walking around the hallways. It was okay because someone else was with me but I definitely wouldn't stay alone as a young woman (maybe if I were a man). If you wanted somewhere cheap near downtown and you were with a group it would be a good option but the Ramada across the street is more hotel like and the same price but it was sold out. There are also a lot of food options in the area, whereas at the fancier hotels downtown often the only choice is room service.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

I was on a business visit to LA and my client location was in Downtown. I stayed in Rodeway Inn for nearly 2 months (November and December) and this hotel is 5 mins away from downtown, also near to LA Metro line. It is not a high class hotel, but it is a very good. Rooms are clean, bed was comfortable, room cleaning everyday, free wifi, breakfash and parking. Employees were friendly and really helpful. Only negative is that there are nothing to do around, but there are few good restaurents near by. If you are looking for decent hotel in downtown with less price, I would recommend this.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank PhaMad
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013

If you're looking for a luxurious hotel, look someplace else. But if you're looking for a cheap, clean hotel 5 minutes away from downtown LA, this is the place. Plus, with free wifi, breakfast and parking, the rate we got was a steal. There were also very good restaurants a minute away from the hotel, so we were happy to not have to take the car for a late supper after a long day in LA.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends