“Great hotel stay”

Ranked #54 of 349 Hotels in Los Angeles
Richmond, Virginia
“Great hotel stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed here in this hotel for a meeting and I thoroughly enjoyed the stay. The rooms were clean, and all the amenities a traveler needs. I love the location and the fact that it is adjacent to the Tokyo Mall. I will recommend to anyone and will definitely stay here again when I come back for business.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Wanderlust_rva7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here at the hotel.
It is just a 7 min walk away from the train station. So it's not a problem to go do Hollywood or the Universal Studios. It's just a 30 min ride with the train. Really easy.
You can also book a tour with the guy on the tour desk in the hotel.

There is a self laundry and a spa in the hotel.
They also offer a karaoke and have a bar in the hotel area.
The hotel is in little tokyo so there are a lot of cheap places to eat around.
You also have free wireless internet access which is not very fast but okay.

The room is still clean and big. I got a room in the 4th floor with a good view.

Your bed is great! The hotel has great beds which are really good if you want to sleep deep and long. Perfect.
You also got a minibar fridge for your personal staff if you want.
The personal is really friendly and want to help always.

I can highly recommend to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank kleenaMax
Springfield, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stayed here two nights and was pleased with it. The room was very clean and had all the amenities. The clerk searched when I got there for a good room to suit my needs and I liked the corner room on the top floor. It had a flat screen TV and had a lot of HBO channels. There was a one-cupper so I could make coffee and tea. There also was a room safe and that is a big extra for sure. The most impressive was the valet who let me park while getting my room and then leave. He hustled after the car each time, which is more than I could say for "Kookie". He also gave good directions. This hotel is in the middle of a lot of Japanese restaurants and adjacent to th eLittle Tokyo Mall. I will return the next time I come to the area.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor to have less noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sliphorn
cascadia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Once again, Miyako Hotel provided husband and i with comfortable lodgings in a great neighborhood at the wrap-up of our annual End of the Universe Tour to SoCal. The room we stayed in had some nice new touches--a blown-glass light fixture, new lamps and carpet. Bed was great, as usual. Black-out curtains are attractive, even. We discovered that fabulous noodle shop across the street that doesn't need any more business, since we waited till 11 PM to eat there, and there was still a 40-minute wait.

Didn't have time to use the spa this trip, but it's great as well. Shiatsu massage is nirvana.

Miyako is near the Japanese-American National Museum, which might be my most favorite museum ever. The tattoo exhibit there for the next couple months is excellent, and they have a wonderful museum store--only wish they'd had postcards of the tattoo exhibit.

Miyako is definitely a find anywhere, most especially in LA--close to trains, in a walkable neighborhood with great restaurants. And reasonably priced, very comfortable, with extremely accommodating staff. They checked us in at 12:30--check-in time is 3.

Thanks, Miyako, for another great stay!

Room Tip: Higher the better
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank arachne
Laguna Niguel, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed here the day of the LA Marathon - the night before we had stayed at the Millennium Biltmore. This hotel was a HUGE upgrade from the Biltmore. From the outside this hotel looks sort of sad. But, once you come into the recently updated lobby, you know you've made the right choice! The front desk staff was very welcoming and quick to help us and accommodate our requests. The room we had was a 2-queen updated room that looked out onto the street in front of the hotel. When you opened the windows you could hear the drums just down the street from some street performers... this noise was almost completely drowned out once the windows were closed - Awesome!!! The room was clean and spacious. Our ice bucket was missing, but once we informed the front desk of this, they were quick to send someone to remedy the situation. The product in the bathroom were better than most.

Little Tokyo is a great area to stay in if you want to be close to downtown without being in a "concrete jungle"

We took Uber everywhere we went - super convenient!!

We didn't use the spa at all, but I was told that if you want to use the jacuzzi, it's $15 for guests.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank aautera
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

The rooms are in need of an update, yes, but it was very clean and the staff was very friendly. We checked in really early and they were able to accommodate us. Also, checkout time is noon. The toiletries were Aveda which is nice, and there were plenty of nice towels. The bed was comfortable and I slept well. The free wifi was a nice surprise too.

The area is what made it so fun - it's right next to Little Tokyo village plaza which has lots of coffee shops and restaurants where you can sit outside and enjoy the day. Across the street from the hotel there's a Family Mart convenience store, and a bunch of restaurants. We ate at Daikokuya ramen which was amazing! In the hotel there's a small Japanese karaoke bar that turned out to be a lot of fun for a drink after work.

I didn't use public transit, but I was working at a place near the Staples Center and it was about a 10 minute easy cab ride from the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

My stay @ the Miyako was great. The location in Little Tokyo is excellent as it is located a block away from the Metro Gold station (which was located one stop away from Union Station).
I stayed here while attending the Feb 10th Monday Night RAW @ Staples. Transport to & from the Staples Center was easy & fast. Staying here was like being back in Honolulu as I am accustomed to Japanese food.
The room was great, as it had Direct TV & a mini fridge.
Internet access was also available.
The staff is trained in the Japanese way of doing business. I felt under dressed as i stood in line wearing my traveling clothes (t-shirt and cargo pants) with all the business suits.
The bellman was helpful when I asked directions for Marukai & Najiya.
I would stay here again as I would like to explore Little Tokyo more.
Promote Sami as she was very helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends