“Miyako LA”

Miyako Hotel Los Angeles
Ranked #46 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed here, mainly due to the proximity to the train station. Boutique spa hotel , room was large as well as the bathroom with heated toilet seat, Japanese style. Check in was proffessional, workers dressed in uniform. I must say the bedding and pillows were the best. Did have a great sleep. Our room was facing to Little Tokyo mall..We did have a delicious dinner here with reasonable price. Do recommend for those taking the train..

Room Tip: higher floors-better view-less noise
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tasilo

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Recently had a one night stop over at this hotel. Excellent little hotel, nice big rooms, comfy bed and quality sleep. The hotel is modern and fully furnished. We even had a heated toilet seat in our room. Every little helps. Super little hotel at a reasonable rate. Pity it had to be in LA.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mansionman1
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We were a LA for a short touristic stay, so wanted to be close to the historic city area and city center, and hotel Miyako was perfect for our needs! The hotel has clean, well maintained rooms - it was a delight to find that the bathrooms were actually equipped with the quintessential japanese toilet seats! The staff was courteous and helpful. There is Starbucks, a subway and a host of other restaurants and pubs closeby which can cater to all tastes! There are bus stops and a metro station too nearby the hotel. If you are okay to walk a little, you can actually walk down to the old city and spanish areas. Even the Walt Disney amphitheater and a few good museums are not too far. Overall a perfect hotel for a short touristic stay!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MeghaJain
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I spent my birthday weekend in LA and picked the Miyako for location. It met or exceeded all my expectations. I was traveling alone and wanted to be in an area of Los Angeles where I would be safe and comfortable. I also love Japanese food and wanted to treat myself to some of the best Japanese food LA has to offer. Additionally, I was seeing musicals at both Pantages and The Ahmanson and I needed to be close to public transportation to get to both.

Miyako was the perfect hotel for me. It was within walking distance or a short cab ride to The Ahmanson. A few blocks away was the Metro which I took to Pantages. Japanese food was everywhere as the Miyako is in Little Tokyo.

My room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I even got to witness the LA Marathon outside of my window on my birthday morning. Nice treat.

The Miyako is in a safe, quiet area of Los Angeles. I was able to walk around Little Tokyo at night and people watch and enjoy outdoor activities in the center of it all.

A review of the Miyako would not be complete without mentioning the excellent service from the staff. I felt like I was among friends. They were friendly, welcoming and accommodating. I look forward to a return visit to this charming hotel.

Room Tip: I enjoyed a room overlooking the street. I liked being able to see what was going on at night and d...
3  Thank Rebecca T
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed here in this hotel for a meeting and I thoroughly enjoyed the stay. The rooms were clean, and all the amenities a traveler needs. I love the location and the fact that it is adjacent to the Tokyo Mall. I will recommend to anyone and will definitely stay here again when I come back for business.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Wanderlust_rva7
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here at the hotel.
It is just a 7 min walk away from the train station. So it's not a problem to go do Hollywood or the Universal Studios. It's just a 30 min ride with the train. Really easy.
You can also book a tour with the guy on the tour desk in the hotel.

There is a self laundry and a spa in the hotel.
They also offer a karaoke and have a bar in the hotel area.
The hotel is in little tokyo so there are a lot of cheap places to eat around.
You also have free wireless internet access which is not very fast but okay.

The room is still clean and big. I got a room in the 4th floor with a good view.

Your bed is great! The hotel has great beds which are really good if you want to sleep deep and long. Perfect.
You also got a minibar fridge for your personal staff if you want.
The personal is really friendly and want to help always.

I can highly recommend to stay in this hotel again.

2  Thank kleenaMax
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stayed here two nights and was pleased with it. The room was very clean and had all the amenities. The clerk searched when I got there for a good room to suit my needs and I liked the corner room on the top floor. It had a flat screen TV and had a lot of HBO channels. There was a one-cupper so I could make coffee and tea. There also was a room safe and that is a big extra for sure. The most impressive was the valet who let me park while getting my room and then leave. He hustled after the car each time, which is more than I could say for "Kookie". He also gave good directions. This hotel is in the middle of a lot of Japanese restaurants and adjacent to th eLittle Tokyo Mall. I will return the next time I come to the area.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor to have less noise.
1  Thank Sliphorn