“Exceeded expectations!”

Ranked #53 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Sydney, Australia
“Exceeded expectations!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I found my stay at the Miyako fantastic. The beds are very comfortable and the room was an adequate size for one. All staff were very friendly and check in and out was a breeze. Location was also unbeatable with everything you could possibly need right at your doorstep. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank 22Elizabeth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Bangalore
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights. Excellent location. Close to the subway station. For the room size the price was on the higher side. The Wi-Fi was not good enough. Check-in and check-out was fast.
Would consider staying here next time.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Richmond
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This hotel was the least expensive option in downtown LA. I had a meeting in a government building downtown and needed to spend the night . The room was clean and well appointed. The shower head was more air than water but that is a function of local water saver code. I would recommend bringing your own shampoo, the 'organic' stuff they provide smelled like a barnyard on a summer day. They have a parking garage they charge extra for but you are allowed to come and go all day at no extra charge. They is some sort of coffee bar for breakfast in the lobby with fancy SoCal crap that would no doubt make me ill as half of it looked raw and the pastries looked like pressed twigs and were overprice. There are no regular restaurants close by. All asian food.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Ridgecrest, California
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed here for one night before an appointment the next morning. Staff was polite and efficient. Despite the room looking out over 1st St, it was quiet, and the bed was good and firm. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank terjemar
Highland, California
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I was in Los Angeles to speak at a conference at the Miyako was the host hotel. It was close to the conference venue and reasonably priced, so I figured why not? I was pleasantly surprised.

When I arrived, I was impressed by the design of the lobby. Very light, clean and modern. I had a small mix up at check in that almost prevented me from staying at the hotel (despite having a reservation and pre-paid room), but the front desk clerk went to their manager who took care of everything.

The room is nicely decorated...nothing fancy, but it was clean and well kept. Some parts of the room showed age (thermostat, light fixtures, baseboards) but everything was ok. The bathroom was a decent size and all the bathrooms have heated toilet seats & bidets, which kind of surprised me given the price point, but it was nice. Unfortunately, the bathroom light burned out in the middle of the night (found that out the hard way when my boyfriend was taking a late night potty break). Bathroom was decent, but as I mentioned about the room, showed some age.

The best part about this place though is the karaoke bar on the second floor. Its called Ohjan and it is a real Japanese karaoke bar. We had so much fun! Locals and hotel guests were there and everyone encouraged each other to sing.

Honestly, I probably would never of stayed here had it not been for my conference. Not sure how soon I'll return but its nice to know of a reasonably priced, decent, comfortable, clean hotel near downtown.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank penceyprep
San Diego, California
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We have stayed several times at the Miyako. The rooms are very quiet. The beds are comfortable. I love Little Tokyo. This is a great place to relax before taking in a concert, since the valet is open late. I recommend valet parking only. It is totally worth it, especially since it's hard to maneuver around otherwise. We love their little coffee shop downstairs. The front desk lobby personnel are very attentive, courteous, and polite. Security keeps the riffraff out. We like browsing the shops in the neighborhood and eating at the Korean BBQ place across the street. There is a temple nearby (totally cool!) where we made contact with a monk who truly didn't speak any English. It was a very decorative temple where you felt blessed. The Miyako is the only place I will stay in Los Angeles.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good that we've had.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ocean S
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed here while in Los Angeles for my nephew's graduation from USC. We enjoyed exploring Japan Town, including the Japanese American museum. The bed in our room was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in. Family members staying in other rooms agreed. Nice place at a reasonable rate for LA. Our air conditioning wasn't working the first day so the front desk sent up a repairman and he fixed it right away -- great service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family