All reviews little tokyo union station downtown la ramen japanese american museum japanese village plaza within walking distance olvera street parking structure close to downtown hotel room nice room coffee maker staples center bidet japantown lobby
Reviewed 7 October 2015

We were in a very quiet room, nicely furnished and comfortable. Beds and pillows were great. Staff was very nice. We ate dinner in the restaurant which caters to Japanese (it is located in Little Tokyo). We were hesitant about the food, but it was delicious! Different, very tasty. Meal cost $25. each. The hotel would not budge on giving us a AAA discount on our room even though it advertised such. They also would not give us a free breakfast like many others who were staying there. We had to have breakfast and so paid their outrageous price of $23. each. We should have eaten fruit and muffin in the lobby like the young adults who were staying there. There is a nice snack shop in the lobby and a gift shop. No English papers or books. Bring your own! In the heart of the Japanese district and many Japanese tourists. Quiet and comfortable. Valet parking is $22. with in and out privileges. Staff very nice and helpful but would not budge on charges!

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2015 via mobile

I only stayed one night as planned and I'm glad that I did. I've never spent much time in DTLA and enjoyed it very much. The hotel staff was very nice. The hotel room was not a renovated room so it was just a little rough. The bed was comfortable as was the provided chair and ottoman. I was on the ninth floor so with the window closed it was quiet. Unless there wasn't anyone staying in the rooms around me the walls weren't thin. I went to the spa and although it was small it was very well operated and clean. I will return.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2015

Good hotel, good location, good employes. And, clean too. What else do you need. It's tha simple. Easy to park but you pay for it. We checked in late and the staff got us in and in bed right away. But o love it when you check the bill is exactly right. No hassle..

Date of stay: July 2015
Reviewed 25 September 2015 via mobile

My husband and I came here for our honeymoon and we had an amazing stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the rooms were perfectly cleaned and maintained. The hotel is located in the Little Tokyo district so there is plenty of good Asian cuisine and shops to choose from right outside the hotel. The hotel also has a very nice restaurant and bar, where the bartender was very friendly and funny. There's also a small cafe in the lobby that has great croissant sandwiches. We have absolutely no complaints about the hotel and will definitely stay here again the next time we visit L.A.!

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank SarahJEvans
Reviewed 22 September 2015

I stayed there in September 2015, one week. It`s modern hotel with Japaniese spa. Also I like the location:10 minutes to Metro Station, near Walt Disney Concert Hall and Music Center (15 minutes by foot). The staff was kind and helpful.Especially girl on the reseption, her name Francesca. She always communicated with smile. The room was clean always and it was with view on the mountains . Near the hotel are lot of Asian caffees and restaurants, Asian shops with food and gifts. This is clear area around hotel and next time in LA I will stay here again.

Room tip: Hight floor with the view on the mountains
  • Trip type: Travelled solo