“exactly what we were looking for”

Super 8 Los Angeles Airport
Ranked #164 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 2 May 2011

long story short. my bf visited me in bermuda dunes, goes to school in germany. so we NEEDED to make sure we got him to his flight on time, and we werent . this super 8 is literally a 15 min drive from LAX. we booked it 3 hours before arrival for $80 (1pm check-3pm checkout). it was clean, nice stand-in shower, marble countertop, plenty on table space, and we were a smoking room. it was quiet, and difficult to hear between rooms. only downer was the vending machine was broken, but theres a 7eleven 5 minutes away too. and most food places in the area (via grubhub) were free delivery. spent like $75 each of us. nice.

Room Tip: hotels.com
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Los Angeles Airport

Reviewed 14 April 2011

The reason I chose this place was the price, free parking, free airport shuttle. It also had cable and free wi-fi. We stayed here for one night as my son had a flight first thing the following morning. This is a no-frills place and definitely needed some cosmetic upkeep, but overall it was fine for what we needed and for the price as we didn't arrive until 8:00 at night. We basically needed a place to put our heads down. It's so close to the airport that the planes have their landing gear down as they're flying over. We were on the bottom floor so the planes did not affect our sleep. There were vending machines outside as well as an ice maker. I cannot comment on the pool or continental breakfast and I did not utilize them. I thought that the staff was very courteous and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jrleeper
Reviewed 22 March 2011

We stayed here the first and the last night of our USA-trip because of its great location to the airport. We rented a car with Avis and the hotel was right across the Avis parking lot. Very convenient! We stayed in 2 different rooms and they were both VERY clean, there were NO BEDBUGS, good shower, lots of TV channels and the private parkingspace is very usefull. We used the shuttle service on our last day and he was right on time. We arrived at our terminal in about 15 min. You hear the airplanes, altough at night there are hardly any and I was never awaken by them. The breakfast (included in the price) was very basic, but I guess it was good enough if you consider how cheap this hotel is.To me, this is the perfect location for a one night stay when you arrive in/leave LA. If I ever go back to LA, this will be my first night stay again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EmmaBelgium
Reviewed 20 February 2011

I arrived at LAX quite late and called Super 8 for a room and a shuttle service. The shuttle pick up was unclear and I had to wait quite a while for it. The outside of the motel looks dodgy as it is situated on a main road but my room was impeccably clean and I had one of the best nights sleep ever. My room was spacious, the shower hot and the breakfast was simple but it did it's job. The heater and air conditioner worked well and the television had a lot of stations. The staff were lovely as they helped me navigate my way around town by giving me a map. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank AngelenePenguin
Reviewed 19 February 2011

bed bugs, beg bugs and more bed bugs.
the essential, thing one need in a motel, is a bed to slee, but if one ways up the next morning with welts and scratching, it is a disaster.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank johnatmaverick
Super8LAXAirport, Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2011

Dear Johnatmaverick,

We appreciate the feedback. To prevent future guests from experiencing the same thing, it would have been recommended to inform any of our staff of your incedent rather than us finding out through the internet. Your review raised health concerns and we immediately investigated your claim. We inspected and cleaned each room thoroughly and there have been no other complaints like yours nor did we find anything. Since you failed to inform anyone at the hotel we find it hard to believe that our property is the one you are actually reviewing. We have forwarded you an email address at which you may reach us directly.

Manager

Reviewed 17 February 2011

Stayed here for one night as I had an early flight to catch the next morning. Close in proximity to LAX. Rooms were huge, clean and comfortable, and a great price to boot. Breakfast was dissapointing, but I would recommened this property for an overnight stay...

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 January 2011

It was a clean hotel where we weren't initially planning to spend three days but later on seeing the service and cleanliness of the place, we ended up sticking to it.
Near the Airport, great Tours of the City available from here; must try to travelers...

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
Value Inn Worldwide
#9 of 33 in Inglewood
Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport

Been to Super 8 Los Angeles Airport? Share your experiences!