“Convenient location”

Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown
Ranked #102 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Recently got back from staying in LA for a 3-4 days (end of April). Booked through hotwire and at first was disappointed to find out that we got super 8 as we assumed that we would get cheap, crappy motel standards but when we go there we were pleasantly surprised. it was not bad at all. we got the room that faced the 2 major intersections, so it was a bit noisy. other than that, loved the free breakfast. one of the better continental breakfasts we've had (make your own fresh waffles). convenient location, staff was always friendly. wifi was fast, free parking. room was spacious and clean. not the most modern but we didnt mind as most of our days were spent out. not a lot of good restaurants nearby (not within walking distance), we rented a car so it worked out. little tokyo/downtown area was short drive away.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear guest:
It is truly rewarding to hear great feedback from a valuable guest that you are to us. We work really hard on a daily basis to make sure we meet all of our guest expectations during their stay.
Please feel free to contact us directly for future reservations 213-250-2233.
Thank you again and looking forward to your next stay with us.
Sincerely
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed here for 3 days. This is a decent hotel.
Only issue we had was the area/surrounding. It is bit lonely and there is nothing much around.
The person at the reception did not know much about anything around and we felt helpless many times. We had to walk a lot to find a eating place. This seemed a different side of LA.
Overall the stay was ok. Their breakfast is good and rooms are comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Flavy_Sequeira
Dear guest:
Thank you for taking the time to let us know your experience at the Super 8 Los Angeles. We are located on a metropolitasn area and we are right in between Hollywood/Downtown LA.
Let me apologize for the lack of information from our desk clerk, I will definetely go over and make sure this issue gets corrected.
Hopefully you choose us as your destination hotel on your next visit to Los Angeles and give us the opportunity to make your future stay as pleasant as possible.
Please feel free to contact us directly for future reservations 213-250-2233.
Thank you again for your business and looking forward for your next stay in the near future.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I always read reviews before booking a hotel. And this hotel has lived up to the standard. I booked this hotel for 2 nights 28/02/14 and 01/03/14 on the first two days of my arrival. There was a blackout in the area due to heavy rains. Their check-in system therefore was down but they were happy to offer me to a refund to book alternative hotels. So I was quite happy with their flexibility. I decided to stay there and found out the room was very clean and spacious. Bathroom was well maintained. Breakfast was nice. Front desk was helpful. They required me to record my room key every day. This has received negative comments among other reviews. But to me it's not a problem at all. I don't see what people complain about. Overall, it's a 2 star hotel with very good value (price quality ratio is high). Obviously if you don't want to pay for a five star hotel, this hotel is a good choice. You won't regret.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear guest;
It is truly rewarding to hear positive feedback from our valuable guests. Please feel free to contact us directly for future reservations 213-250-2233.
Thank you for your business and looking forward to your next stay soon.
New York City
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stayed in January 2014 at the Super 8 Motel, 1341 West Sunset Boulevard, not far from downtown Los Angeles. I had made arrangements for a late check-in, and they obliged my request. They required payment in full up front, but that was not a problem.
The room was quite comfortable, and included cable TV and a fridge. (They also have wi-fi access, but I didn't have a laptop with me.) Continental breakfast is served daily in the lobby.
Bus to downtown is right across the street, and runs frequently. Numerous shops and restaurants nearby. Staff was friendly and courteous.
Drawbacks: they change the combination to room lock daily. Requires going to the desk to get the new lock card every day. That is a nuisance.
And: they have a policy: NO VISITORS. Now, I wasn't expecting any visitors; but even if I had, that should be my business, and not the management's.
All things considered, I would recommend this Super 8 motel without hesitation. At less than $100/day, it's a bargain.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CotedesNeiges
Dear guest:
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and let us know about your experience at the Super 8 Los Angeles.. Our prices vary depending on the time of the year, but our average rate is $79 + tax and of course including the continental breakfast, parking,and wifi. We strive on a daily basis to provide all of our guests with the best customer service possible.
Please feel free to contact us directly for future reservations 213-250-2233.
Looking forward to your next visit soon.