“Looks OK from the Outside”

Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown
Ranked #108 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 23 June 2014

First impression was that this hotel is clean and safe. Looks good from the outside and the lobby was clean and nicely decorated. The room, however, was marginal. Not the greatest smell in the room and the carpet, furniture and linens were well worn. I was here on business and the location met my needs. The hotel is also located fairly close to some good local neighborhoods with restaurants and nightlife.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear guest:
We strive on a daily basis to provide all of our valuable guests with the best customer service and product possible to try to meet their expectations.
Please feel free to contact us directly for future reservations 213-250-2233.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Unauthorized charges to my credit card. I placed a reservation on my card for a relative and she paid with her own credit card once there and a week later they charged two charges on my credit card totaling $774.08 without my authorization. I still have not been credited the money...and they took no responsibility for the charges and told me I had to make a claim through my bank---even though they were clearly responsible for the charges. Also, even though I left several messages for someone to contact me back regarding this issue...management never called me back. I had to keep calling to try to speak to someone regarding to issue when finally one of the regular clerks told me to file a claim through my bank. I am very disappointed in how this was handled.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank LuciaMeow

Dear guest:
Thank you for taking the time to let us know the concern in regards to the charges on your credit card. Let me explain to you that we never charge more than what we are suppose to charge on a credit card, when a guest checks in with a credit card, we pre authorize it for the total stay room and tax, upon check out we give you a receipt with the actual total amount that the credit card will be charge, also when making a reservation we require a credit card to guaranteed the room, on the day of arrival that credit card is pre authorize for the first night room and tax only to make sure we can continue to hold the room, upon check in if guest decides to pay with a different credit card, that authorization is inmediately voided and it normally takes 3 to 5 business days before you see that hold release on your account.
Hopefully this explains the confusion on the charges on your credit card.
Thank you again for your business and looking forward to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a total of 8 days. It was a very quiet location. The first thing I noticed was the out dated carpet, tv and curtains. The mattress hurt my back so bad that I woke up on Easter morning in agonizing pain. After a hot shower I had to buy pain medication just to make it through the day. The breakfast was average until I encountered a rotten orange. This hotel needs to spend money on upgrading their beds. They advertise this hotel like it's close to Hollywood. It's actually about 8 miles away. Their is Wifi but only through your phone or Ipad etc. No computers in the lobby. I didn't see the pool. It's within walking distance from Dodgers Stadium. They did a good job in printing out our priority tickets that we needed to attend a TV show. Over all not that bad at all.

Room Tip: The 1st floor has bigger rooms with good views of outside
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear guest:
First let me thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was at the Super 8 Los Angeles.We will be going thru some changes which includes changing all our matresses. Hopefully you will choose to stay with us on your next visit to Los Angeles once we are done with this process. Please feel free to contact us for future reservations 213-250-2233
Thank you again for your business.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights so as to see a Dodgers game. You could not ask for a better location. Minutes to walk to and from the game. Minutes drive from many scenic areas: including Mulholland Dr and Hollywood. Easy access from the freeway. Bars and food nearby. Very clean, staff friendly. Continental breakfast more than adequate No issues with on-site parking. The area seemed very safe and walkable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear guest:
It is truly rewarding to hear great feedback from our valuable guests. We strive on a daily basis to provide all of our guests with the best customer service and product possible.
Please feel free to make future reservations directly by calling us 213-250-2233.
Thank you again for your business and looking forward to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Travis M

Reviewed 10 June 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Downtown
Hilton Checkers Los Angeles
Hilton Checkers Los Angeles
#62 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown? Share your experiences!