“Noisy rooms in the front of the hotel”

Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown
Ranked #105 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Los Angeles, California
“Noisy rooms in the front of the hotel”
Reviewed 3 October 2010

I chose this hotel based on the good reviews I read - its location, cleanliness and friendly staff. I found all of this to be true - it was a five minute drive to the Garment District, Bonaventure and Walt Disney Concert Hall. Our room was clean, the beds comfortable, the staff friendly, no frills for a decent price for downtown LA. However, we were given a room in the front of the hotel which is on a busy noisy intersection. Trucks and motorcycles all night long. I wore earplugs and could still hear the traffic noise. I would stay here again, but ask for a room toward the back of the hotel. You will still hear some noise, but not like you would staying in those front rooms.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this review, 9 October 2010
Dear Guest:
First let me thank you for your time to let us know how your stay was at the Super 8 Los Angeles, Definetely the rooms in the back are less noisier than the ones facing Sunset but all of our rooms have the same accommodations. We hope to have you stay with us again in the near future again.
Magaly Zapata

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
North Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 22 September 2010

I stayed here last week and first of all the service was horriable no one knew what was going on and our room didnt have hot water the bed was itchy and the worst was they said i stole a towel now tell me why i would want a itchy dirty towel and couldnt dry anything so i am taking advise from towlie "don't forget to bring a towel" because they will slap you will fees galore STAY AWAY or pay with cash only!!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank societyinchaos
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this review, 25 September 2010
Dear Guest:
First, let me thank you for taking a few minutes of your valuable time to write about the experience you had while staying in our hotel. Unfortunately, when you check in by signing the registration card you agreed to our terms and conditions in the hotel, part of these terms and conditions are clearly specify that by signing you are fully responsible for any damage or missing items in the room. Hopefully, this will not keep you from staying at any of our chain hotels.
Once again thank you for your business.

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Saint Louis
Reviewed 8 September 2010

Although the hotel is a bit 'off the beaten path' from the Santa Monica/Hollywood areas it is worth the extra driving to sleep in a very clean, quiet, well run hotel at an economical price including free parking.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this review, 9 September 2010
Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to write this review to let us know how delighted you were with your stay at the Super 8 LOS Angeles. Comments like yours are very rewarding and hopefully you choose us as your future destination hotel on your next visit to Los Angeles.
Please feel free to contact us directly for future reservations 213-250-2233.
Looking forward to have you stay with us again.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 18 August 2010

I visited LA for a music festival and was looking for a nice hotel while still meeting my budget. This particular Super 8 was perfect. The staff was very, very friendly and helpful, the room was clean and in nice condition and it was also in close proximity to everything I needed (echo park, state historic park, etc). The continential breakfast wasn't extraordinary or anything, but I did not expect it to be. It had all you would need: coffee, juices, cereal, danishes. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is just staying a couple of nights and not looking for a luxury resort to stay at. I was very pleased.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kellcc
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this review, 24 August 2010
Dear uest:
First of all let me thank you for taking the time to let us know how pleasant your stay was at the Super 8 Los Angeles.Hopefully you keep us in mind as your next destination hotel in the near future, taking in consideration that we are centrally located only minutes away from the famous walk of fame in Hollywood and also Downtown Los Angeles, now if you are a baseball fan as you might of notice,we are just walking distance to the dodger stadium.
Please feel free to contact us directly for future reservations 213-250-2233. We will be looking forwardto have you stay with us again.
Province of Benevento, Italy
Reviewed 1 July 2010

nice experience. clean room,nice location. everything is good.

Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this review, 16 July 2010
Dear guest:
We want to thank you for taking a few minutes from your valuable time to let us know how satisfying your stay was at the Super 8 in Los Angeles. It is very rewarding to hear complete satisfaction from a guest. Hopefully you consider us as your destination hotel in the near future. Please feel free to contact us directly for reservations 213-250-2233.
We will be looking forward to have you stay at the Super 8 Los Angeles again.
Sincerely.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2010

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel in April. We are from Australia so had no idea of the different parts of LA and because the address of this hotel is Sunset Boulevard we thought it would be central to everything (we found out that Sunset Boulevard goes for miles!). When we got there we discovered that it is a predominantly Mexican neighbourhood which was an eye opener for us. We felt like outsiders when going into the shops, laundromattes and cafes, however this was no-ones fault and I guess in a way was good for us to see the different people that make up America. When in our hotel room we felt safe, however there is no safe in the room so we carried our valuables with us. We walked down the road at dusk one night and didnt feel unsafe, not sure if i would go on my own though. The room was clean but the window looks onto the next doors roof so dont expect a view. The receptionist was friendly and helped us book a tour. I would suggest if you are a first timer to LA that this hotel doesnt give you the best side of the city but a local or out of towner would probably be more at home here. In all we had a good stay here with no problems. The continental breakfast was sufficient but dont be a minute late because they clear it away right on closing.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this review, 5 June 2010
Dear Sir:
First of all i want to thank you for taking your time to let us know how pleasant your stay was when you stay with us at the Super 8 located in Los Angeles. Hopefully you will choose us as your destination hotel next time you visit Los angeles keeping in mind that we are centrally located, only minutes away from Downtown Los Angeles/ Hollywood, and of course just a few steps from the Dodger Stadium if you happen to be a Dodger fan!! I will be looking forward to have you stay with us again.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 12 April 2010

When I'm in LA, I usually stay at a 4-star downtown hotel courtesy of Hotwire. This time, though, the Hotwire option was out of my budget, so I thought I'd give the Super 8 a shot. Bad idea.

The hotel isn't terrible--my room was clean, and the staff was nice--but it's a far cry from the Super 8 Culver City where I had stayed the night before. The bed was amazingly hard, and the pillows had that delightful bag-of-cottonballs feeling. My *favorite* part was the shower, which continuously alternated from hot to cold no matter how much I fiddled with the controls.

Next time, I will be going back to Hotwire, even if it means an extra $50 in hotel/parking/internet fees.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
zapatamagaly, general manager at Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this review, 19 April 2010
First, i want to thank you for taking the time to let us know in areas where we can improve the quality of our service.Sorry to hear that our beds where not the most confortable one during your stay. Luckily we are in process of replacing all of our mattresses in the next couple of months. We will feel honor if you decide to stay in our property in the near future.Once again sorry for any inconveniences you had while staying at the Super 8 Los Angeles. Looking forward to meet you soon.
Sincerely.