Loews Hollywood Hotel
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$145
  • Pool
Viceroy Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
US$616
US$452
  • Pool
The Beverly Hills Hotel(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$1,114
US$558
US$512
  • Pool
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$147
  • Restaurant
Grafton on Sunset(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$266
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hollywood Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$486
US$363
  • Breakfast included
US$918
US$671
  • Beachfront
Embassy Suites by Hilton LAX North(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$193
  • Breakfast included
US$335
US$234
4,022 results
All reviewsgreat locationdolby theatrechinese theatrecity viewself parkuniversal studiosjunior suitelobby barper dayrooftop poolvalet parkingloved this hotelan upgrademetro stationsanta monicabeverly hillsfame
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 May 2013 via mobile

Good location and good rooms. Staff are lovely and friendly.

Only downers are; parking you don't even get in and out privileges. Also check in is at 4pm and check out is at 11am, how long does it take to get a room ready? Seems a little long.

Also had issues with hot water as they shut it off after 10am and didn't inform us.

Also no free in room Internet which I think you should get for the rate of the rooms.

• Stayed: April 2013
Sean S, Manager at Loews Hollywood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Dear Loews Guest

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay and delighted to learn you enjoyed our location and staff. We were all happy to read this today. I would like to apologize for our water outage. We just started our Hotel renovation and found that several of our water valves needed to be replaced. This required shutting down the water for a few hours and I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.

Thank you for staying with us and safe travels

Sean Steenson
Director of Operations

Reviewed 1 May 2013

We got a good deal booking direct with the hotel online - they price matched a price I had on Expedia. We stayed in a Luxury Hollywood Room.
We arrived at 9am and the room wasn't ready yet, so we checked our bags in and went for a look around. It is in a fantastic location - lots of shops and restaurants around. Just be careful of all the scammers on the walk of fame dressed up in costumes - they will want at least $5 per person per photo and some of them look nothing like who they are meant to be!
We were back by lunchtime and our room was ready.
The room is a good size, clean and comfortable. The service from all staff was very personal, the concierge's knew their stuff and it was quick and easy to get anything we needed.
We had breakfast once at the hotel restaurant and it was really yummy.
The pool and gym were good, but we got up one morning to find the pool drained! Called reception and they didn't even know it had been drained or why. Called again at midday and they said it would be refilled tomorrow, but still couldn't tell us why it had been drained.
The only issues I had were that the cleaners start at 8am each day and our room seemed to be first! Make sure you put up your privacy please sign if you want a little sleep in. Maid staff were more than happy to come back a little later to clean if we were still there. Another issue was it took over 5 minutes to get hot water in the shower for every shower. We had to turn it on and go and do other things while it warmed up. This was a big waste of water.
Other than that, the room and people were great. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Upon check-in, our room wasn't ready even if it was already 6:00 pm, but they offered a 50$ dining voucher. Our room was spacious and nice. Location is fantastic. It's connected to Hollywood and Highland mall and only a block away from El Capitan, Dolby and Grauman's (now TCL) Chinese theaters.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We stayed at Loews for 3 nights. The hotel is great, and the locations is excellent. Close to metro, dining and shopping.
We got a room on the 5 th floor with a view to the hollywood sign which was awesome. The room was neat and clean. The sink in our room had a leak, and when we told the management about this, they quickly moved us to a much bigger and better room. So fantastic service there.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Let me first say the location of the hotel is great. Easy access to tons of restaurants and all the great sites. The room was clean and fairly nice - the wood under the sink vanity was worn. The view from the room was great. Had a room facing Highland so I had wonderful views of the Hollywood sign and the city. On the down side, housekeeping was slow to clean the room - room wasn't made up until after past 1pm most days and didn't re-stock the room with shampoo and soap. Had to call twice for more and it took almost two hours for housekeeping to restock the room (and yes I left a daily tip for housekeeping staff - fruitless). Then one the last evening another guest had been checked into the room I was occupying. I almost had a heart attack when the door opened and stranger walked in with his bag in hand - thankful I it wasn't embarrassing for either of us. After calling the front desk, I was told new key cards would be brought up to the room - after an hour I went to the front desk myself. The front desk attendant was pleasant and apologetic but that was it. I was rather shocked how the situation was handled considering safety is fairly important consideration for most hotels. About 45 minutes later someone from the hotel knocked on the door with "new key cards" and a coupon for a free drink from the bar. Was very disappointed the hotel didn't take this issue with seriousness.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Highland and ask for a room on an upper floor so you can appreciate the great views.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Hollywood Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us recently and I am happy to read you enjoyed the hotel and Hollywood Location. You are correct we are located in the center of Hollywood with plenty of restaurants and activities within walking distance of the hotel.

I am sorry to learn about the incident regarding the unexpected guest. We do take these incidents very seriously and if you wouldn’t mind contacting me directly I would appreciate it.

Sean Steenson