“Great Stay!”

Loews Hollywood Hotel
Ranked #19 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Great stay with our kids on Sunday night. The Front Desk staff were exceptional, created a very personable arrival experience for us. After we checked in we found the t.v was not working, we called down to have it repaired. After we went out to the pool it was fixed and a nice message asking if the t.v was repaired and hoping we had a good time at the pool. The desk remembered at check in that I mentioned we would be going directly to the pool, nice personal touches make all the difference. We had a room with a fantastic view of the Hollywood sign and Downtown LA. Beds were very comfortable. We will be back for sure!!

Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

My first room was 313. This room was right next to the service enterence and the ice machine. Too noisy. Machine noise not people noise. Also, the room had a musty smell. Not nice.

Also, the hot water was off. It was listed as emergency repairs but what is really going on is a secret refit of the hotel. Not nice to keep that secret.

The pool was small but nice and the gym only has cardio stuff but good equipment.

My new room 836 was quiet with a food view and a much better smell.

• Stayed: May 2013
James H, Manager at Loews Hollywood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Indeed the hotel is undergoing renovation. We are excited about the great changes that are to come.

Regretably as our renovations began we encoutered unforseen challeneges that required a temporary water shut off.

We appologies for any inconvience this interuption may have caused.

Do not hesitate to contact me personlay so that I may speak to any additonal concerns.

You may reach me, or a member of our management team by calling 323 856 1200.

Our frinedly staff looks forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I go to town every Spring for an industry event and have normally stayed at the host hotel down the street. It was a little too Hipster Doofus for me and since I was bringing my daughters (10 and 12) with me, screaming matches between drunken partiers on the sidewalk below my window at 4 am wasn't an option. So I took a gamble on the Loews. Family. Couples. Business. This place is simply outstanding. I wanted to take the girls for a walk up in the hills and someone from the front desk walked us all the way out the back to a shortcut and pointed out the route. I can't say enough about the rooms, the staff and the location. And...the clientele.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Our room was huge, overlooking the Hollywood hills and sign. Nice pool area, a bit small but nice.
This is a convention hotel so is huge, and is attached to outdoor shopping mall. Fine location if you want to stay in very touristy area.

Room Tip: Ask for the ills side and at least the 5th floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

The views our amazing location provides do makle for a memorable and delightful Hollywood experience.

We are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your stay!

See you again soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is a nice property with good sized rooms, great beds, and a terrific location -- and should (and could) reach for the 5/5 rating that I expect from Loews, instead of the 4/5 that I rated them. The front desk and concierge staff would rate a 5 in my book as they were all very pleasant and helpful. There were a number of housekkeping issues over my 4 day stay, some of which I finally complained about when they did not improve over the length of my stay. I recognize that this is only one department but I really had higher expectations. In-room wi-fi is available, but for approx. $13 usd/day, which is my only other complaint for an otherwise lovely stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

We agree that our team members provide 5 star service and more.

Thank you for bringing the concerns regarding the housekeeping service of your room to our attention.

We look forward to exceeding your expectations when you return.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stayed at The Loews for the TCM film festival. The location is perfect, it is walking distance from all the old theaters that show the movies (The Egyptian, El Capitan, and Grauman's Chinese). It's also conveniently located adjacent to a large shopping complex with stores and restaurants. Our room was a good size, clean, and the bed was very comfortable. My only complaint is that the TV had bad reception and limited channels. We ordered room service a couple times after some late nights - the food was good and it arrived quickly. Will definitely stay here for next year's film festival.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed here 1 night for my daughter's birthday Hollywood Extravaganza weekend. She and her friends had their own suite, and we he had our own room and everything went perfect! Service and location was great, the pool was nice, and the bed was soooo comfortable! Again, the location couldn't be any more perfect as the shops and restaurants were close by. We felt comfortable allowing the teenage girls roam around independently around HH for shopping, taking photos, and eating. Everyone enjoyed our little trip. Expect for the pricey rooms, $30 some valet parking, and extra cash for the tips for bellman/valet/front desk/maid services. Staff services was the best! It's a great family hotel in the area.