“Charming atmosphere, good food, attentive service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Figaro Bistrot

Figaro Bistrot
Ranked #605 of 9,895 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: LAX Area
San Diego, California
“Charming atmosphere, good food, attentive service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2012

Figaro is a favorite stop when visiting the Los Feliz neighborhood of Los Angeles. Parisian style cafe with indoor and sidewalk seating, great pastries (also available for take out from the bakery counter), and interesting local clientele. The food is generally well-prepared, and the staff helpful.

• Visited October 2012

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Sweet little French Bistro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2012

This sweet little French Bistro in the Griffith Park Area was a fun surprise. A friend had taken me to see the sunset over LA from the overlook at Griffith Park and we were looking for a nice place for dinner after. We found Figaro close by and decided to try it.

The Bistro has a nice outside seating area. I had the onion soup and it was fantastic. My friend had the cheese plate and enjoyed it. We also got some pastries to go. I had a fruit tart that was both beautiful and tasty!

The service was ok when we were there. Prices were reasonable for the location.

• Visited September 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Lovely French place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

I love this place. I love the candelabra room, and I also enjoy sitting outside by candlelight at night there too. Food is delicious. Good coffee too. Nice dessert selection. Staff is very helpful and friendly. I love this neighborhood.

Visited March 2012
Redondo Beach
“Lower your standards!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

Got to the restaurant at 4:45 so we could relax and have a fun dinner before a concert at the Greek. We ordered wine at the regular prices with no mention of happy hour specials at 5:00.
A few minutes later a couple sat next to us and the server immediately mentioned several selections of happy hour wines to them and it was not even five yet!. We received our wines and put in our order, I ordered the short ribs recommended by the server, my wife ordered salmon and salads. The salads arrived and we began our meal. As we were eating the hostess literally drops the metal holder for the happy hour specials in the middle of our table. No excuse me or pardon me, just bang right in the middle of our table. Half way through finishing our salads the server comes out to inform me that they are out of short ribs. Out of short ribs? At 5:15, which the waiter had recommended. Really??? This place isn't cute, it is old, run down, dirty and very poorly run. The only saving grace, the food was good and our server Gary was pleasant.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Johnmaui
L.A., CA
“Delightful little piece of Paris is trendy Los Feliz”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

Fabulous Parisienne feel to this trendy eatery and well worth a visit. Great menu, great wine and cocktail list, busy but friendly staff and a romantic ambience in the lounge where candelabra adorn each table and lanterns made from copies of Le Figaro hang from the ceilings. My only small gripe is the lack of space between tables - I don't appreciate hearing neighboring conversations, anymore than they want to hear mine. However, this is a common problem in L.A., and not restricted to Figaro. Yes, it takes a while to get served, receive drinks and get your food, but, if you're with someone special, what's the hurry? C'est magnifique!

• Visited July 2012