“If You're Looking for a Very Cheap Business Hotel.....”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills
Ranked #286 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Seattle, Washington
“If You're Looking for a Very Cheap Business Hotel.....”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I was recently on a tightly budgeted work travel, and I stayed at Extend Stay America in Woodland Hills for one night.

First, I will list the positives: Staff was very friendly. Free wifi. Lots of desk space in room if you need to work.

My low rating comes from 2 factors: uncleanliness & noise. I found hair in both my bathtub & in between my sheets. And because my room was situated right on Ventura Blvd, I was bothered by traffic noise all night. (Perhaps you can request rooms on the other side?) Another small negative for me was that this hotel did not have a gym.

I'm not sure if I would entirely recommend this hotel to other travelers in the area, the service was good, but the cleanliness of the room can definitely be improved.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the Ventura Blvd will be much quieter. The rooms does not come with a hair dryer...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mikimas202
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. The cleanliness issues you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will be reviewing our cleanliness standards with the housekeeping staff to make sure your experience is not repeated. Still, I am pleased that you enjoyed our Free Wi-Fi and that our staff provided great customer service during your stay.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at lwh@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I do hope that you do give us another chance to make it right.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My apartment building owner forgot to pay the utilities one month so we were without hot water for 2 days. I went to this hotel. Good place to stay. It was quiet and the rooms were spacious and comfy...this is a 1 star hotel but not bad at all. the corridors smelled of smoke (cig and weed mixed together into a most yucky-smelling blend) but I was happy with it. I paid about 30 bucks per night plus tax and I think that was a very fair deal. There was a 'passion stain' on the comforter on the bed which obviously they did not launder, but I just went ahead and put that aside. The sheets were clean. I'd definitely stay there again sometime.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
New Berlin, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This is the best hotel experience you could possibly have for the price being charged. It is the utmost value for money. They have now upgraded the rooms and the renovations implemented are very much welcomed. The management is in control of the hotel while being professional and accommodating.

Room Tip: The end rooms are the most comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Alexander J A
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This hotel was absolutely perfect. No complaints. I was kindly greeted when I arrived and the staff answered all of my questions. The manager was so nice. He even helped me with my luggage. The room was spacious but more importantly, very clean. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Excellent! The front desk staff were very nice and helpful! We asked for a extra towels and we got it within 30 sec. It is a walkin distance to target and in-n-out and other other shops! Very clean room and also very quiet!

• Stayed July 2013
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I was recently here on business and during my stay at this location, they started a remodeling process. I was advised that soon I would have to relocated rooms to another floor. Durning the relocation, Managment and the rest of the Extended Stay family were very helpful and accommodating in helping me with an easy transition. When I moved into the newly remodeled room the facility went from a good and clean location to an amazing location. It was pleasant and quick and a stress free move. Thank you Extended Stay Family for your hospitality and your effort in making sure that even with renovations going on threw out the hotel, that I still had an enjoyable experience!!!! Would definitly stay here again!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I was in the process of having my house remodeled and have a new baby so while under construction I relocated my family to this location. It was efficient, very clean and even better great staffed who were always hospitable, friendly and accommodating. Management along with his team of staff were very helpful and if you needed anything they made sure you received it in a very timely manner. I would definitely recommend this location to anyone!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Dear Jenna,
Thank you for your encouraging feedback and review of our property. We are so pleased to hear that you are enjoying our newly remodeled rooms while your house is getting ready. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future should lodging needs arise.