“My experience at ESA -” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #283 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Woodland, California
“My experience at ESA -”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

Bare minimum of services. Poor lobby, poor breakfast, poorly furnished room and I did not feel safe at times in the parking lot. Too many men hanging around. Not a welcoming atmosphere. I looked all directions as I walked down the hallway. Saw several frustrated customers at the front desk. The clerks seemed friendly, but I saw some rolling of the eyes after customers went out the door. Took 8 hours to get clean towels. Rooms were recently remodeled, which was nice. Very cheaply furnished. Housekeeping once a week and you take care of your own trash and linens. Relatively clean. Very slow wifi - if you want it faster, you have to pay extra! For the price, quite a ripoff. No more ESA for us.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The atmosphere you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken to my staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at lwh2@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Genevieve Miller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Los Angeles, Ca
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I felt like I was going to be mugged in the hallway. I stayed for over a week, paid in advance, and was locked out of my room every day, which required a trip to the front desk to re-code my key. No explanation.

The room smelled so I purchased a Air Wick plug in which really helped. This is a dog friendly facility and the barking dogs kept me up all night.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. I would like to apologize for the issues that occurred during your stay. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that we are looking into the problems you experienced with your key card and I am working with our housekeeping staff to eliminate the odor in your room.
'
Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Santa Ana, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Checking in was easy the young guy at the front was very friendly. Room was clean but the stairwell closest to me had an empty bin and some type of sheet or curtain and what looked like the bottom of a to-go thing from dennys. The 3rd night i had gone to open the curtains and the curtains fell off on one side. I called the front let them know they said they would have someone come up and fix it. Never came. So i had to figure out a way to keep the sheet up in the window that night. Next morning I went down to pay for another night again mentioned it I was then told that the guy who fixed things had been out a couple days but would try to get someone up to fix it. (Try!? Seriously) I ask if i can just switch rooms he says that I'd have to wait for the manager. Okay so i ask for an extra blanket to hang over the window. As of check out which would be day 3 of having a blanket over the window, no one had even come to look at it or attempt to help fix it. Thats my biggest complaint about my stay. Staff was great except for that so I honestly don't know if i would recommend or even come back, unless everything else in the area was sold out.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank xOjessicaXo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that we were unable to resolve the issue and that you had to deal with the problem yourself. Please accept my apology. I met with the staff, and I am reiterating the importance our customer service procedures and remedying guest issues in a timely manner, to ensure that these kind of issues are not repeated.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at lwh@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

I was recently on a tightly budgeted work travel, and I stayed at Extend Stay America in Woodland Hills for one night.

First, I will list the positives: Staff was very friendly. Free wifi. Lots of desk space in room if you need to work.

My low rating comes from 2 factors: uncleanliness & noise. I found hair in both my bathtub & in between my sheets. And because my room was situated right on Ventura Blvd, I was bothered by traffic noise all night. (Perhaps you can request rooms on the other side?) Another small negative for me was that this hotel did not have a gym.

I'm not sure if I would entirely recommend this hotel to other travelers in the area, the service was good, but the cleanliness of the room can definitely be improved.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the Ventura Blvd will be much quieter. The rooms does not come with a hair dryer...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mikimas202
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. The cleanliness issues you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will be reviewing our cleanliness standards with the housekeeping staff to make sure your experience is not repeated. Still, I am pleased that you enjoyed our Free Wi-Fi and that our staff provided great customer service during your stay.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at lwh@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I do hope that you do give us another chance to make it right.
Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

My apartment building owner forgot to pay the utilities one month so we were without hot water for 2 days. I went to this hotel. Good place to stay. It was quiet and the rooms were spacious and comfy...this is a 1 star hotel but not bad at all. the corridors smelled of smoke (cig and weed mixed together into a most yucky-smelling blend) but I was happy with it. I paid about 30 bucks per night plus tax and I think that was a very fair deal. There was a 'passion stain' on the comforter on the bed which obviously they did not launder, but I just went ahead and put that aside. The sheets were clean. I'd definitely stay there again sometime.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
New Berlin, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

This is the best hotel experience you could possibly have for the price being charged. It is the utmost value for money. They have now upgraded the rooms and the renovations implemented are very much welcomed. The management is in control of the hotel while being professional and accommodating.

Room Tip: The end rooms are the most comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Alexander J A
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

This hotel was absolutely perfect. No complaints. I was kindly greeted when I arrived and the staff answered all of my questions. The manager was so nice. He even helped me with my luggage. The room was spacious but more importantly, very clean. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business