“Nice hotel and VERY convenient location”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills
Ranked #284 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 21 May 2014

All the stuff (local restaurants, Target, Ralphs etc) was in a walking distance from the location. Room was clean, no issues with kitchenette and bathroom as it was told in other reports.
Will definitely choose the hotel again once I'll be back in LA.

Room Tip: Take a room looking at Ventura Blvd, not at 101 Fwy - it will be much quieter
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills

Reviewed 16 April 2014

This facility is awful. Both the room and public areas smell like smoke and the room and public areas were rundown and dirty. The front desk employees were doing the best they could under the circumstances.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank 1RMB1
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the odors and the level of cleanliness in your room. In response to your feedback, I am working with the staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to provide any additional feedback, please feel free to contact me directly at, lwh@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Shanena Shakes and all mangers n emploeys were very help ful and nice and fun to greet every moring was close to everything and didn't have any try of trouble nice place all round would stay again
amber

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the future!

Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

BUT you get what you pay for....the property is well kept and the staff was nice for the most part. You can tell they try really hard to keep the rooms well kept. However, unlike some of the more pricey options in the area, you expectedly sacrifice a few things. Having to bring my dirty towels to The front desk in order to exchange for clean towels seems just...awkward and dirty...asking the front desk for new trash bags and taking my trash to a trash room...kind of the same feeling. I saw a cleaning woman in the hall and just asked her if I could get those items, and she refused and referred me to the front desk. I obliged and followed suit but it just feels like these procedures take away from the comfortable atmosphere they are trying to create. On the plus side, the small kitchen was very functional and clean when I arrived. I was able to cook for my family and that is a very big plus. The bathroom was mostly clean. I did see some hairs in the tub when we arrived. The sheets and blankets looked clean, but they had permanent stains that kind of grossed us out. Like I stated, this is a very good option for the price and the area. Most of the properties in the area are almost double the price per night, and you will not have a kitchen at your leisure. The property is a short drive In either direction to good food and shopping, and a grocery store is across the street. The freeway is also behind the property. If I really need to come back I will, but if I can afford it.....I would prefer to
Stay elsewhere.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Hellsumz
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and your fully equipped kitchen. Still, I apologize that the cleanliness of your room did not meet your expectations. I will be sure to meet with our housekeeping staff to ensure that these issues do not occur in the future.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at lwh@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in the area.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Bare minimum of services. Poor lobby, poor breakfast, poorly furnished room and I did not feel safe at times in the parking lot. Too many men hanging around. Not a welcoming atmosphere. I looked all directions as I walked down the hallway. Saw several frustrated customers at the front desk. The clerks seemed friendly, but I saw some rolling of the eyes after customers went out the door. Took 8 hours to get clean towels. Rooms were recently remodeled, which was nice. Very cheaply furnished. Housekeeping once a week and you take care of your own trash and linens. Relatively clean. Very slow wifi - if you want it faster, you have to pay extra! For the price, quite a ripoff. No more ESA for us.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The atmosphere you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken to my staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at lwh2@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Genevieve Miller

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I felt like I was going to be mugged in the hallway. I stayed for over a week, paid in advance, and was locked out of my room every day, which required a trip to the front desk to re-code my key. No explanation.

The room smelled so I purchased a Air Wick plug in which really helped. This is a dog friendly facility and the barking dogs kept me up all night.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. I would like to apologize for the issues that occurred during your stay. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that we are looking into the problems you experienced with your key card and I am working with our housekeeping staff to eliminate the odor in your room.
'
Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Checking in was easy the young guy at the front was very friendly. Room was clean but the stairwell closest to me had an empty bin and some type of sheet or curtain and what looked like the bottom of a to-go thing from dennys. The 3rd night i had gone to open the curtains and the curtains fell off on one side. I called the front let them know they said they would have someone come up and fix it. Never came. So i had to figure out a way to keep the sheet up in the window that night. Next morning I went down to pay for another night again mentioned it I was then told that the guy who fixed things had been out a couple days but would try to get someone up to fix it. (Try!? Seriously) I ask if i can just switch rooms he says that I'd have to wait for the manager. Okay so i ask for an extra blanket to hang over the window. As of check out which would be day 3 of having a blanket over the window, no one had even come to look at it or attempt to help fix it. Thats my biggest complaint about my stay. Staff was great except for that so I honestly don't know if i would recommend or even come back, unless everything else in the area was sold out.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank xOjessicaXo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that we were unable to resolve the issue and that you had to deal with the problem yourself. Please accept my apology. I met with the staff, and I am reiterating the importance our customer service procedures and remedying guest issues in a timely manner, to ensure that these kind of issues are not repeated.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at lwh@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.